Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Default Re: 'Blockade' (219) General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ns2 View Post
    if the had visors I'm pretty sure she would have found them cause she said she was the expert on the suit

The blindness was also caused by the explosion at that time she was holding on to the bags so she might not have had the time to turn it on
    I don't remember any explosion on the ship, just the glass breaking

I think ns2 was referring to the explosive decompression of the dome.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

This was a very good episode. Good story, and visually stunning at times. It really sucks knowing that we only have one episode left now.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Staff Sergeant

I thought this was the worst episode in quite a while. Just dropping off all those descendants off screen and barely mentioning them was unforgivable. The stuff on the planet was kind of pointless, and the stuff in the botanics bay was pretty scientifically inaccurate. I hope the finale is better than this.

Chief Master Sergeant FrodoFraggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadOnion View Post
    Just dropping off all those descendants off screen and barely mentioning them was unforgivable.
    It's crappy, but it's par for the course for the Stargate franchise. The content of the two parter wasn't part of overall story arc, it was just a longer standalone episode.
    Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by ZoSo View Post
    Yeah, not exactly thrilled that the Novus refugee storyline just kinda vanished.
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    This was a very good episode. Good story, and visually stunning at times. It really sucks knowing that we only have one episode left now.
    What are we to [email protected]# I'm pissed off at the thought..! Fair enough SG-1 finished, SGA still had potential...and now SGU >

Quote Originally Posted by Lahela View Post
    Fantastic ep, but definitely in need of a retwatch.
    My biggest SG-squee came when the kino flew through the gate to... Sateda!

Not seeing it
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Not seeing it
    It's the same set, different angles. It was also used in the TV show "Sliders".

Doesn't look like it to me. I can see the obvious architectural similarities, so it was probably shot in the same neighbourhood, maybe even the same block. But they don't look like they're the exact same place.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Doesn't look like it to me. I can see the obvious architectural similarities, so it was probably shot in the same neighbourhood, maybe even the same block. But they don't look like they're the exact same place.
    They are. But it's ok if you don't see it. That's the magic of TV for ya!

Here's a comparison w/ some hints:
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by Shylodog; May 6th, 2011 at 12:18 PM.

I still don't think so, but maybe I'm just looking at it from the wrong angle. The similarity is supposed to be on the right side of the picture right? The wall with the 'wood' thing around the door?

So look at the Sateda picture. There's another red door right next to the 'wood' door. Now look at the Pittsburgh picture. Where did the white wall between the two doors come from?

I still don't think so, but maybe I'm just looking at it from the wrong angle. The similarity is supposed to be on the right side of the picture right? The wall with the 'wood' thing around the door?

So look at the Sateda picture. There's another red door right next to the 'wood' door. Now look at the Pittsburgh picture. Where did the white wall between the two doors come from?
    I edited my post with a comparison picture, but the big "reddish/rusty wall" is on rollers at the top. In the Sateda pic, it's covering the white wall.

And just for fun...
    Spoiler:

It's all about angles and lighting.
    Last edited by Shylodog; May 6th, 2011 at 12:46 PM.

Major General

Along with that railing on the left side..

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Along with that railing on the left side..
    Removable. It is the same set.

Eh. Still not buying it. It's close, I'll absolutely give you that. Like I said, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was shot very nearby to where that Sateda bit was shot. But that episode was nearly five years ago now. Unless it's been in regular use by something else since then, there'd be no reason for a set like that to be still standing. And if, as it seems, that's on-location, there are a few too many significant changes for it to be a simple redress.

Eh. Still not buying it. It's close, I'll absolutely give you that. Like I said, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was shot very nearby to where that Sateda bit was shot. But that episode was nearly five years ago now. Unless it's been in regular use by something else since then, there'd be no reason for a set like that to be still standing. And if, as it seems, that's on-location, there are a few too many significant changes for it to be a simple redress.
    Dude. Seriously?!? Did you not look at the last screenshot I took with the area behind Ronan's head? Now you're just being obstinant. Universal Studios still has the Clock Tower set for BttF still standing, and that was 26 years ago. Heck, Universal still has the original Psycho house still standing, and that was 51 years ago.

And while I keep calling it a "set", it's actually called a "lot", which means it wouldn't be torn down, just redressed as needed.

It looks exactly like the same set to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shylodog View Post
    Dude. Seriously?!? Did you not look at the last screenshot I took with the area behind Ronan's head? Now you're just being obstinant. Universal Studios still has the Clock Tower set for BttF still standing, and that was 26 years ago. Heck, Universal still has the original Psycho house still standing, and that was 51 years ago.

And while I keep calling it a "set", it's actually called a "lot", which means it wouldn't be torn down, just redressed as needed.
    I looked at your screenie behind Ronon's head. I don't even know what it's supposed to be, much less compare

I'm not being obstinate here, I just don't see it. As I said: similarities? Certainly! But solid proof they're the same? Heck no! Did they just destroy the level concrete part in front of the 'wood' door? That'd be a hell of a lot of work for a redress! Did they brick in the two windows above the garage door and replace them with one single window in the middle? The garage door appears to be both sunken into the building structure and at the bottom of a decline in Sateda, where in Pittsburgh it's flush with the building and on level ground!

I'm sorry, I just don't see it.

And as to those movies--those are iconic movies. Much as I like Stargate, it's just a TV show with a niche audience. Hardly the same thing as cinematic classics like Psycho and BTTF.

Here you go, it's small enough that I don't have to hide it, methinks:

It's a sign, affixed to the backside of the building behind Ronan. It's in the EXACT same location on the building on Terminus. Everything else you've mentioned is fascades. They are movable and can cover recessed areas.

Look at the full-size pictures that Lahela posted. Those aren't at the exact same spot at all, and don't even look alike. The Sateda picture shows a building in the background (which by the way, isn't there in the Terminus shot) and the oval shape's wall mount showing daylight shining through from behind. The sign on Terminus has its oval shape built right into the structure of the sign itself.