This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skiznot View Post
    I've never define any of these characters based on male counterparts but that's the way my momma raised me.
    And I've never believed that, because a woman has sex, that it makes her weak. A lot of the criticism that has been leveled at Chloe has to do with her hooking up with Scott. So what? Why does that make her weak in any way? Why shouldn't she have sex if she wants to?

Sex doesn't belong to men, it doesn't belong to women, it doesn't define people, it is a part of the human condition. Human beings have sex in every culture, in every time, and it just a part of life.

We have seen Chloe do so much more than have a relationship, but some people focus only on that, which I think says more about their attitudes towards sex than it does about the character of Chloe.
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      I concur!
      i think we all do
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Well, I didn't notice any stereotypical gender roles being massively portrayed here. Generally, in such a situation, everyone would be expected to do anything they are able to, regardless of the "expected" gender roles.

About the voting, I voted at least 5 minutes after the show ended. The time stamps are just off ~10 minutes, which is really annoying.

Comment

After the buildup they did in Decendents i would rate Epilogue 3,

Problem with this episode is all the buildup they did in the previous show, just to throw it all away on a episode about how many babies and who ended up with who.

its almost like the writers had a nervous breakdown after Decendents and forgot what they had written about.

There was so many ways they could have winged that story, the drones that came after them, the other city and so on.

Comment

What is "Descendants"?

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
              What is "Descendants"?
              How does someone get "Descendants" out of "Common Descent"?

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                How does someone get "Descendants" out of "Common Descent"?
                maybe a translated version? where common descent didn't get translated entirely literally?
                Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Originally posted by Jacdru View Post
                  After the buildup they did in Decendents i would rate Epilogue 3,

Problem with this episode is all the buildup they did in the previous show, just to throw it all away on a episode about how many babies and who ended up with who.

its almost like the writers had a nervous breakdown after Decendents and forgot what they had written about.

There was so many ways they could have winged that story, the drones that came after them, the other city and so on.
                  Yes I agree with you. I would have liked to see more revelations of advanced technology on nova. I'd also have liked to see them go to the new planet where the novan's settled and meet them. Both these things could have been covered in this episode. Instead they chose to show past AU lives that I think are unimportant in the current timeline.

Comment

I guess every main character has love interest male and female so that may not be a good thing. But I don't define any of the female characters by who they are sleeping with.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship View Post
                      Yes I agree with you. I would have liked to see more revelations of advanced technology on nova. I'd also have liked to see them go to the new planet where the novan's settled and meet them. Both these things could have been covered in this episode. Instead they chose to show past AU lives that I think are unimportant in the current timeline.
                      Ya, i was so hooked on the first Common descent that i really looked forward to the Epilogue even though after 2 seasons i should have known better then to get my hopes up.

Why not spin it to last a few more episodes, they could have helped them against the drones or they could have figured out that they infact was the ones who had built the drones in the first place or they could have had a lot more to do with the second city.

But SGU is gone for a reason and this is one of them, the writers either wanted to put so much in the show that they had to round up quick or the writers was just so badly guided that they acted like a monkey with a typewriter.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship View Post
                        Dude - have you ever heard of character development? Every TV show does not have to be about who has the biggest, baddest weapons or technology. I blame shooter games, lowest common denominator reality crap and low patience quotients of US viewers for killing SGU. I'll admit it - when the pilot first Aired (pun intended), I wasn't certain I was going to like the show or not. But I stuck with it as a fan of Stargate (all versions). It took me watching the entire S1 over again to really connect with the show.

I enjoyed Epilogue for those AU moments but I wanted more as well. We don't know that we won't get something about the return of the descendants to their new planet in Blockade. Don't rush to conclusions and have an open mind to other possibilities. That's what good sci-fi has always espoused.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
                          I would go so far as to say this could be the best episode in the entire franchise. Big words, I know, but it is definitely a contender--that you cannot argue.
                          This.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good episode. Nice to see how SGU ended to the crew of Time-Twin Destinies.
                            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

The good idea of 2x17 is very well, but necessarily, concluded. I've given a seven because of the, by now, usual unhappy end, dramatic cut and unfinished style of the stories.
                              God bless anyone who would continue stargate, at least in a movie (but in a movie with a good, eucatastrophic and fanciful screen-play)!

Comment

Working...
                              X