Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who knows.. Had the show not been canned, maybe we would have eventually gotten back to them.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      As for the story at hand I could tell from the beginning that what Homeworld Command was going to do was a bad idea. Thier was no good solution to impersonating high level officals of the Langarian government. Even if the Langarians had been guilty of aiding a Tauri enemey, don't you think said government would be ticked off we kidnapped people? Or you have even the worse situation of what happened in this episode of the Langarians doing nothing wrong but safeguarding their own people.
      Who could blame them? They needed the gate, those people were out there in space stranded without supplies, McKay needed revenge for being snubbed after the first PowerPoint screen.

I agree that it wasn't going to work though; while they could of pulled it off, there was no way they could truly have the candor of the Langarians. They were just too aggressive.
      Back from the grave.

Comment

Good episode...

What's up with Langara? Isn't that the planet Jonas came from. I thought it had already exploded in the Goa'uld attack...

This is one of the episode I will have to re-watch soon. It's very blurry in my mind. The sub-plot with Rush and Amanda was kind of cool.

I was pretty sure Destiny would get new supplies and a few new soldiers on board. That was the whole idea of going to Langara, to get supplies to Destiny. But I got disappointed.

It was certainly awkward to see Woolsey and especially McKay in SGU, still don't know what to think about it. McKay was kind of ignored by everyone except Woolsey, it was like they didn't fit in at all...

Comment

That was the idea, but i think that cause the designers knew they were close to the end, resupplying the ship would reduce some of the tension.
          at least with this being done as it was, we are left with several questions..
          such as what is the fall out from what we did? Is langaran going to ever trust us again?
          Does the LA know about it/?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            That was the idea, but i think that cause the designers knew they were close to the end, resupplying the ship would reduce some of the tension.
            Never thought about that, but I guess you're right.

at least with this being done as it was, we are left with several questions..
            such as what is the fall out from what we did? Is langaran going to ever trust us again?
            Does the LA know about it/?
            Yes I thought it was strange, the last thing we saw, was the team surrendering. But what happened after?
            This must also have been because of the cancellation, I think we would have known in S3 ...

Comment

And the biggest plot hole of all from going back to that planet..

WHERE WAS JOHNAS QUIN

Comment

Thats not a plot hole. Jonas presence or lack of is not crucial to the story
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  And the biggest plot hole of all from going back to that planet..

WHERE WAS JOHNAS QUIN
                  As jelgate said, the story was about Langara, not Jonas Quinn.

Comment

He was never even mentioned in season 9 of SG1 - Guess the writers wanted us to forget he ever existed...

Comment

I loved this episode. I completely forgot about faking that Rush woke up and was fooled a second time on the rewatch. I would have liked to have more Gin but Perry did good.

The b plot with earth being bad was really good. Great to see Mckay around being Mckay. Looks like a episode that would have come back to haunt us if there was a season 3.

Comment

It would have been nice to see what the ramifications of their acts would have been.. but alas...

Comment

I have just rewatched this episode on Stargate : Command. It was much better what I remembered. Plot twist, emotions, clever dialogues, crossover characters. I wish they could have mentioned Jonas.

Maybe somebody asked the same question, but if they could have gone home then Harlan (from SG-1 Tin Man episode) could have made robotic bodies for the Amanda and Ginn.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                          X