Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a good episode, I was always sad that Ginn got killed off cause Eli finally had someone to be with, so this was nice to bring her back, even if atm it's conditional.
    sigpic

Comment

Damn, I love the way the writers seemingly end a storyline then, kapow! Up it pops again, in an awesome way. So much potential with this new development.

Such great character moments, interactions were wonderful, characters other than the central group getting a decent look-in. I didn't really like the music scene (a bit to slapstick for my taste) but the ED scene was so well played I couldn't help laughing with them.
      sigpic

Comment

A other brilliant episode, with some nice moments through out, Gin, Amanda Perry and Chloe actors all play there role well.

The way Amanda Parry was able to instantly access the entire medical records and help TJ was impressive to say the least, the way she did just seconds after being uploaded. One got to wonder how much more powerful and knowledge she will gain in the near future, and what Rush will do to get the same knowledge.

I think this episode shows the depth of Talent on this show, Geer and Del scene were well acted through, love the Dome garden scenes, and felt that these two characters generally formed a bond between each other.
        I thinks that Geer is going to be one of the characters to die this season, this was perfect set up for.

although I take issue with the fact there did not seem to be many food crops there.

Thought TJ and Young scene was well done in the observation deck, I notice that Varro was missing in this scene and felt he should have in this episode, I just fine it odd that TJ would preform surgery without him.

I thought the music scene was very funny and I will say this, it was one of the funniest scenes I have ever scene in SG universe and was perfectly set up at the beginning of the episode.

The writing this half of the season have been awsome and there have yet to be a episode that even approaches being weak, why did SYFY have to cancel this master piece.

Comment

42 minutes of my life I won't get back.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            42 minutes of my life I won't get back.
            An it was a good 42 minutes.

Comment

So can the now kinds of AI on the ship decide who they will show themselves to? why would Ginn take so long to talk to Eli and why could no one else in the infirmary see Perry?

Also is there not a chance of it becoming a little boring if we have 3 AIs that can simply be a quick reference to anything and everything ancient? "Hey Perry we need to do blah blah blah, we have been trying to work it out, any help" Perry - "Oh yeah sure, press here here and here and kablazzle, you now have a matter converter so ice cream all round"

But I did think that this was an awesome episode. The back half of this season has been amazing. Not looking good for Greer. I hated him to start off with when he was just out for millitary. but lately he has become a little softer whilst still being dedicated to the cause. Its been an improvement. Now if only Telford could stop being duck a little b**** then it would be pretty sweet.

Comment

The Perry/Ginn plot was excellent, I really glad they brought Ginn back as she one of the few characters with interesting back story and one of my personal favorites. I think that in the end they will discover a machine to build human form replicators (like the one from SGA) and make bodies for the both of them.

The Greer/Volker plot didn't make any sense to me, I could see Greer volunteer to donate a kidney to another army personal or one of the civilians he's close to (Eli, Park) but to Volker? I don't remember they ever had meaningful interaction and Volker did take part in the coup attempt against the army, even if the two parties did manage to establish Modus Vivendi in the end, I could see Greer (maybe the most devoted soldier on the ship) still viewing the civilians plotters with suspicious and certainly wouldn't want to make any favors for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                  Such great character moments, interactions were wonderful, characters other than the central group getting a decent look-in.
                  Exactly. Even though (some say) slow start is what killed SGU, those last episodes wouldn't be half as good as they are thanks to the wonderful character development. Wouldn't have it any other way.

I didn't really like the music scene (a bit to slapstick for my taste) but the ED scene was so well played I couldn't help laughing with them.
                  Definitely not my taste either, which made it all so much funnier. Somehow it didn't seem over the top or anything... then again I was on the floor from laughing so hard, maybe didn't notice corniness.

6 to go.
                  sigpic

Comment

This is the best characters drama written in the whole SGU. If the pilot version were written this way, I might not questioning the direction or comparing SGU with SG1 and SGA. I didn't feel the urge to seek if the Stargate being used or not and I didn't mind the COM stone in this episode even I hate it from the beginning of the show.

I just noticed that the subject of returning dead people consciousness has been shown in the Fringe show a couple week earlier. So, the amazement not so much but still come good for this episode. The editing also up to the par like other popular show and urge us viewer to move on to the next scenes.

It's feel good episode that has everything a drama needed to entertain us viewers. A 5 stars out of 5 from me...

Comment

So now they just have to find women to willingly give up their life & body so that Perry & Ginn can have them

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                        So now they just have to find women to willingly give up their life & body so that Perry & Ginn can have them
                        Or do what the replicators were doing and create bodies.
                        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                          It could be spice up the show with introduce a replicator generator and download the consciousness into them. Instead of programming, it's a real consciousness inside a replicator body. Off course they could disable it from cloning itself. Just enough replicating body cells to mimics human body regeneration.

Comment

I actually thought this episode was pretty good surprising. Ya don't always need pew pew.

The only issue I had was with the Transplant. Was too predictable and convenient.

I did like how Perry and Ginn became apart of the ship.

"Seizure" is going to kick some @ss next week!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              I actually thought this episode was pretty good surprising. Ya don't always need pew pew.
                              I am literally shocked. I think I died for a moment there. This was a Carl Binder episode Brian. He wrote Life. REMEMBER!

~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mibi View Post
                                Is it just me or does anyone else think Greer is going to die of an infection? I know the series is ending but I hoped that all my favs would make it to the end.
                                I seriously hope not. I feared for him too. when TJ mentioned the infection.
                                Greer's one of my favorites on the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X