Page 1 of 348 12341151101 ... LastLast

McKay Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Okay, I've been shipping of them since the pilot!! They actually are quite cute together I think and I don't think I've seen any websites dedicated to them! How awful! I'd start one, but yeah, I'm not very good at that.

SPOILERS FOR THE EYE

Their shippyness came through alot in THE EYE, I think. Did he have his arm around in when they were outside??? I think they did! They looked very cute together. Torri Higginson said she thought Weir had a thing for McKay in the Secrets of the Stargate!!!

Anyway, anybody else see it??
    Last edited by Erin; February 6th, 2005 at 07:04 AM. Reason: changing title

Default Re: McKay/Weir Shipper here!!

I saw some definite ship potential, both in the Eye and in some later eps. But I can also see it as a case of Torri freezing to death and David trying to make sure she didn't slur her lines and force them to redo the scene.

Still, I find McKay/Weir far less objectionable than Weir/Shep.

I'm a bit surprised there's no McKay/Weir ship thread yet. With a little creative rewording of your subject line, this could be the official home for it.

BTW, spoiler tags are a better way for dealing with spoilers. [ spoiler] your text here.[ /spoiler] Just remove the spaces in the brackets and you're golden.

Me, I'd be inclined to keep McKay for myself, but that's probably better for the McKay Thunk Thread.

Welcome to the forum and all. Er... 40 posts into it...

for me to know.. and for you to find out.

hmmm wasnt there a thread for mckay/weir someplace.. (may have gotten burried) i could have sworn i saw one

Spoiler:
    the way he stood in front of her to protect Liz from Koyla..that was kinda sweet of him.. also the way they worked together as well..

there are a few yahoo groups out there dedicated to the weir/mckay ship.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/weirmckayship/ <--- lots of fun too... we have weekly chats and discussions ect... fics are welcome as well

YES, Mckay/Weir forever. Since the beginning I thought they would make a hilarious but brilliant couple. My one friend is their massivest shipper.
    Spoiler:
    I was squealing SO much in The Eye, although there was also Weir/Sheppard in it, which I also for some reason whollly support.

I thought it was brilliant in the new Lowdown where Torri Higginson (Weir) said "I don't know, I think she's got something for McKay... something about his belly?" hahah, I don't know about hte whole belly thing, but still.

I would most definately also keep McKay for myself (Canada pride!) but alas, (spoilers for The Gift)
    Spoiler:
    He's with that Kate Heitmeyer or whatever...
    Oh well, I can put a fix to that... *grins evilly while rubbing hands together in an evil fashion. and cackling. Evilly.
    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...m/wedding3.gif
    ^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Quote Originally Posted by MajorSam
    Spoiler:
    I was squealing SO much in The Eye, although there was also Weir/Sheppard in it, which I also for some reason whollly support.
    Oh, me too. I ship for Weir/McKay, Weir/Sheppard and Sheppard/McKay, all at the same time, which can be... quite disturbing and confusing at times. But that way, I can squee my way through every episode.

I'm a very strange person.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../torrisig2.jpg
    In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
    it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
    It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
    And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Oh good I'm not alone haha. My sister thinks they make an awful couple. The two characters from SG-1 should definitely get together!

she thinks who is a bad couple... weir/mckay.. ya must convert her to the wonders of mcweir ship...

I really, really liked Weir and McKay in "The Eye". Don't know that I see any romantic ship there (yet) but I definitely want to see some more scenes between those two!

I like that they're on equal footing. That they call each other by their first names. That Rodney trys to act brave in front of Elizabeth. That Elizabeth sees his arrogance and seems to like him anyway.

So Yes! More of this dynamic would be lovely. Not committing to any "they have to get together!" stuff, though.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...d_smallest.jpgLife is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

I know a perfect song to go with McKay/Weir! The song by Josh Groban, Remember When It Rained Someone should make a music video!

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Erin
    I know a perfect song to go with McKay/Weir! The song by Josh Groban, Remember When It Rained Someone should make a music video!
    How about "Let's give them something to talk about" by Bonnie Rait? That'd work well, too.

I see McKay and Weir having much better chemistry than any other pairing on that show, yet. Any of the multitude of Sheppard pairings, Teyla pairings, etc.; none of them have the same spark and zing that McWeir does. Also, I really enjoy the small touches between the characters, not whacking the audience over the head with in-your-face shipperness stuff.

I like the fact that Weir is one of the very few people who can calm McKay down, even interrupting him in mid-rant to get him focused on the job at hand again. I really, really like that part, actually

There are already two music videos (that I know of) for the Weir and McKay ship. I'm sure another one of the McWeir shippers can post links for them.

Heart Re: McKay/Weir Shipper here!!

I Like McKay/Weir a lot better than Sheppard/Weir.

The Eye spoilers
    Spoiler:
    I really liked them in "The Eye", and yes he did have his arm around her .
    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...neous/SNs4.jpg
    The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by NotANumber
    There are already two music videos (that I know of) for the Weir and McKay ship. I'm sure another one of the McWeir shippers can post links for them.
    Yes!! Someone post some vids!! I want to oogle over their cuteness.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    I saw some definite ship potential, both in the Eye and in some later eps. But I can also see it as a case of Torri freezing to death and David trying to make sure she didn't slur her lines and force them to redo the scene.

Still, I find McKay/Weir far less objectionable than Weir/Shep. ...
    *blinks*

*rubs eyes*

*blinks again*

Shadow, you know you're in a ship thread... right?

Love McKay anyway... no matter who he does his scenes with!!

Thought I'd post and say that I'm a McKay and Weir shipper too and have been ever since I saw Rising. I just think they have so much potential. Weir seems to be one of the only people that can calm him down, he listens to her and what she says, he's done many a brave thing for her, they both call each other by their first names...I dunno there's just something there that is appealing and I think there's a lot of potential there.

Luce xxx

Yay! A real Mckay/Weir thread. Thinking there should be one.
    As you can see from my sig I am of the group already- we have lots of fanfic too, or at least fair amount - I can happily live on that rather than canon but I see so much ship in the show. It's all subtle, developing friendship and maybe a little more that shows potential.

Time for many links I feel

http://www.gateview.ca/mcweir/
    The McWeir fanfic archive (needs a good update but has some great stories there)

EDIT: This archive is now down and an fan McKay/Weir archiveis being constructed.

Many more stories at Fanfiction.net but search doesnt work well and so might have to sift a bit, there is a reasonably but not quite so uptodate C2 community for it. Haven't got the link right this minute - sure some other dedicate shipper will oblige.

Then there's the Live journal community for it.
    http://www.livejournal.com/community/mckayweir/

Generally the weirmckayship groups is good - there's shippy reviews I've done under the file section and shippy (and amusing) screen caps are up here

38 minutes
    http://elnino.is-a-geek.com/hannah/104/

hide and seek (also up under the photo section on the yahoogroup)
    http://elnino.is-a-geek.com/hannah/103/

I host them and unfortunately the server is occasionally down- sorry that its not up 24/7.

More shippy reviews and screencaps will be appearing.

Onto the vids.
    One of them is on the mcweir fansite mentioned above.Now here.
    http://www.gateview.ca/musicvids.html

There are infact three I think but forgotten where the second was from. The third is my attempt at making one and is hosted here (alot more reliably hosted too - not on my server since it could never take the load).

This is 23mb full version - divx
    http://www.streamload.com/hyperio1/@...rethestorm.zip

This is smaller low quality 7.5 mb version for those on dialup - xvid
    http://www.streamload.com/hyperio1/@...LOWQuality.avi

Hope that's all good.
    And slightly surprised to see Shadowmaat here, but it's cool.
    The mckay/weir friendship is still good - hope for more of that in canon even if it's never more than that.
    Last edited by Purpleyin; April 16th, 2005 at 04:22 AM.

Even though I'm a diehard Weir/Shep shipper, I like the idea of this ship too. I like the fic I've read with it.

I definitely think that McKay has always had a bit of a thing for Weir...and if Weir does return the affection then there may be some real potential here.

Emotionally they are perhaps better suited to each other than Shep and Weir, but if I had my way there would just be one giant ship-orgy and no one would be left out.

Quote Originally Posted by fair_nymph
    Emotionally they are perhaps better suited to each other than Shep and Weir, but if I had my way there would just be one giant ship-orgy and no one would be left out.
    Well I've read some fics with that... Or atleast with weir/mckay/shep or mckay/weir and weir/shep - one of them was really sad for Mckay though.
    Could probably get out the links if you wished.

McKay's backpack, next to the chocolate and power bars

Quote Originally Posted by MajorSam
    I would most definately also keep McKay for myself (Canada pride!) but alas, (spoilers for The Gift)
    Spoiler:
    He's with that Kate Heitmeyer or whatever...
    Have you seen the episode? (spoilers for The Gift)
    Spoiler:
    He's not in that kind of a "relationship" with Heitmeyer. He was just saying that to Teyla to explain why he was in her office. He was there for Heitmeyer's professional help. You can tell because the shot over McKay's shoulder of Heitmeyer at her desk had her inputing notes into her PDA, a rather stern look on her face. Not something someone would be doing if you were saving good bye to someone who you had a relationship with and they were leaving your office. Oh, sure, maybe you can pretend that Heitmeyer was just checking her calendar, but that's not how I read the scene. And after McKay left Teyla at the door, he was so flustered, he walked down the corridor behind her and then couldn't decide which way to go. That was a funny bit behind Teyla!

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/4686/0/1/

thats the link..

hope that helps