5.31%
    0.88%
    1.77%
    0.88%
    1 - Poor
    3.54%

Definitely a solid character episode

Comment

Definitely very solid - on the slow side for sure but there was so many fantastic character moments and i did a good deal of laughing which was nice. The 2001 "Theme" so to speak prior to the surgery was the highlight (for me). A nice upswing from last weeks episode, at least in my own opinion. Next weeks looks to be a more action oriented affair. Certainly looking forward to it!!

Comment

Very solid episode, makes me more mad that they haven't released a soundtrack yet.

Comment

awesome awesome awesome!

very cool. i was particularly glad everyone made out ok at the end --- sort of.

Comment

Very good.

Comment

Perfect drama episode.

9/10

Comment

I gave it a 8, but maybe I should of gave it a 9 because of how much I was geeking out with the Amanda Perry and Ginn stuff at the end.

Comment

great episode! my only real complaint was that it ended WAY too soon!

Comment

10/10 Perfect episode, anyone who disagrees is a communist!

Comment

Humor = 10
                      Episode = 3

I thought it was a weak episode and full of pettiness. The writers had ample opportunity to make the character moments more substantive, but in imho they wasted it on trivial dialogue, obvious plot convenience, and some Scott/Chloe/Eli/Ginn puppy love that is really starting to get hard to watch.

It was nice to see Rush and Eli playing chess together. And I thought the Volker/Brody humor was great. I especially loved Volker's increasing irritation with Brody over "Also Spake Zarathustra" and how he snapped when Brody called it a "song." I also enjoyed the casual manner in how Volker was helping with the research of his own surgery. And the erectile dysfunction joke was so good, executed very naturally. The slap-happy giggles of Brody, TJ, and Park got me cracking up too.

I love the Greer stuff usually, but I'm starting to wonder if all this extra emphasis on his "invulnerability" is leading to a major change in his character. It's like he has Jesus syndrome all of a sudden. He was given the "mystical" treatment this episode, as if he's tapped into some higher plane of acceptance. Perhaps Wray's comments really did have an impact on him.

If Perry is part of the ship now, then she and Rush can really start to "get busy." Looking forward to their development as a duo.

This was one of those filler "character" episodes that gets made because the show is conserving production budgets -- which is fine -- but in this case wasn't that compelling to watch.

The only thing I thought was good were the instances of humor. The rest was flat and uninspired.

VERY excited for next week!!!

Comment

A solid 8 from me because I thought they overdid the humour.
                        sigpic

Comment

Nine from me, because it was quite slow, but powerful in character development department nevertheless. They have grown in both writing and shooting char drama eps, so it is disappointing that it all will gonna to waste.

These series *must* have some closure. Movie or two would be nice not just because we want it, but because it is not just entertainment for me. These characters have grown on me (damn you, serialized content ) and I just love them more because they are flawed, imperfect human beings - just like you and me.

Comment

I gave it a 7, mostly for the Volker/Greer/TJ side of the story. I loved Volker, Brody and Park in this ep, and TJ and Greer were awesome as always. The ED comment had me laughing the same as the characters were laughing; and the thing with Brody and the music player was great. If if wasn't for that side of the story I would have given the episode a way lower score.

I really didn't like the Chloe/Ginn/Amanda part. It was disappointing, I hate it when they find some way to keep dead characters around (outside of dreams/hallucinations). I hate it when characters die, but I hate it even more when they are brought back. Even though Ginn and Amanda are only computer programs inside Destiny for now, they still have the potential to get bodies, and not to mention all the "ghost(god) in the machine" stuff. (I know they already had Franklin, but he was almost a nobody(sorry but he was to me) on the ship; having the girlfriends of the two main scientist characters stuck in the ship's computer somehow makes it worse for me) I think bringing characters back after they've died cheapens the emotional impact of their deaths. I thought Malice was awesome; it was actually one of my favorite episodes of SGU, but Hope makes me like that episode less, and the whole thing with Simeon feels almost pointless to me now.

I loved pretty much all of the first half of the season(and 1.5 before that), and I loved Twin Destinies and liked Alliances a lot; but Hope and Deliverance really left me with the feeling of trying to undo things that happened in 2.0(even moreso than the other 2 eps) and I don't really like it. Thats just my opinion and I can't help the way I feel, maybe I'll like it more on a rewatch or maybe something esle will happen by the end of the series that will make me like this episode better; for now, I'm really looking forward to next week's episode.
                            Last edited by VampyreWraith; 29 March 2011, 04:58 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'll think twice before rating this time. Last week regretted my valuation.

So a 9.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X