Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uhg... Another stoner show... But it looks like it might be the last one of those... Assuming that the stones are burried and lost, or the bomb wasn't diffused. Or a half million years until their radioactive signature makes them safe-ish again.

Comment

I like the stone episodes. Well, I like all the episodes, but I really like the stone episodes. I hope they aren't buried or lost, though . I do really want an offworld travel episode, though. At least Twin Destinies had a use of a Stargate (there were quite a few episodes in a row without so much as a gate activation . However, it would seem a bit out of place right now as far as the current story line is piling up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
        Uhg... Another stoner show... But it looks like it might be the last one of those... Assuming that the stones are burried and lost, or the bomb wasn't diffused. Or a half million years until their radioactive signature makes them safe-ish again.
        If the bomb was deactivated the radiation wouldn't be around for a long period of time
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          If the bomb was deactivated the radiation wouldn't be around for a long period of time
          Well, that and the radiation didn't have any effect on the stones.

Comment

I was really looking forward to this episode since Comic-Con, was so excited for Greer/Wray moments

This was 7.5-8 episode for me, it was good character moments the ship stuff lagged a little for me

Comment

A very solid episode, which I very much enjoyed. It covered some things very thoroughly, like stone misuse or somebody not wanting to go back to their body because they know they're practically dead, explored some LA stuff a bit, added some Varro characterisation (Lol at him trying to get in TJ's good graces. You sly dog), and, most importantly, delivered some serious Greer and Wray development, while using the stones, that didn't involve visiting family members or anything. Greer's biggest episode since Cloverdale, really, and Wray was great in this - very proactive, not a big defeatist like I was expecting. And Greer's always badass, limping around or not. Glad he got in one kill - saw the LA mole thing coming, but it was still good fun.

I liked our guest stars, and they did a good job of building them up enough to make their deaths by radiation or whatever mean something, or enough. Senator Michaels more than Covell, mostly because of her relationship with Chloe - and yay for Chloe standing up and saying it wouldn't be a waste for her to be there. Good on her. Covell was interesting, sort-of like Rush in a way but more of a sceptic. And when he panicked, it was a neat little human reaction, not overblown or anything, just neat.

So yeah, I liked this one, more than Deliverance but less than Twin Destinies. A solid episode, with a Greer and Wray prominence I enjoyed.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

After last weeks relapse, Telford seemed to be back to his post-brainwashing attitude.

Comment

First script by Linda McGibney I believe?

Comment

I never bought any kind of valid reason for why anyone in the LA would attack Earth. I figured that at least any kind of straight forward ship invasion wouldn't be the way to go, so I reluctantly conceded that terrorist bombing (as floated by several members here) would be the main method.

The problem is.. it still doesn't make sense. The LA loses a ship(can they make more?) and a supply of naquadria(which there seems to be vastly less of that in the universe then Naquadah) and a perfectly good bomb. What does it gain them? Not much. Earth still has ships and off-world bases, and you'd just ticked off a major galaxy power; the same one that took down the Goa'uld!

Stupid, stupid, stupid, and I really hate it when a plot is made to progress through stupidity, whether character stupidity or plot stupidity.

Warlords want to remain low on the radar, unless they are religious fanatics. And everything we've seen has shown them to be thugs and mafia-like; almost businessmen-like in nature. It's simply bad for business to go poking a beehive with a stick.

Anyway, with that out of my system, I can say that the episode was decent overall. The guest stars were very good. But it really felt like the episode was conveniently made just to get Greer and Wray to kiss and make up.

The only other thing to comment on, is the possibility that the stones may be down for awhile; hopefully, they'll be down permanently, but I don't think that is going to happen. I've really felt that the stones were too convenient from the get go. I could have lived with it possible working a few times, but they are turning into Star Trek transporters. MacGuffins that make the plot go, and can do whatever the writers need. Have some people get flashbacks of Telford's memory? Sure! It'll never come up again, but we can work technobabble to create a plot point that we'll never follow up on again.

It's like that Star Trek episode where Picard, Guinan, and a couple others get turned into kids. Seriously, they just discovered the transporters gave eternal life, and yet it will never be addressed again. It just needed to happen that one time so we could laugh at Picard as a kid going against bumbling Ferengi!

While it would have been nice to see SGU continue, I can't help but feel the stones would continue to be used in new and interesting ways... as the plot demanded at that time, and then never showing up again.

Other side notes: It's interesting to see Super Chloe is still going strong. She's not as super as she used to be, and I really hate that they had to give her a convenient alien infection to make her useful. But at least she's doing something now, and not just serving the role of an efficient oxygen and carbon dioxide exchanger. That's right, kids. You don't need to study for years, when you can get a convenient alien injection that solves your problem and jumps you past people like Brody and Volker!

And speaking of which, I really feel for those guys. I mean, they've been there all along, perhaps not as brilliant as Eli or Rush, but nevertheless doing a lot of the thankless jobs that helped save everyone's butts. And this episode highlights the issue quite nicely with that, "Um, we work here, too" line, heh. Sorry guys; maybe next time you can get the alien injection that makes you a super genius, thus proving that scifi convenience easily eclipse years of hard work.

Comment

The LA are more like a galactic empire than a terrorist organization at this point. You're right they're profit driven, with warlord as leaders, which means an attack on Earth makes all the sense in the world given that the Destiny crew killed one of their commanders daughters, and Earth has (presumably) carried on disrupting their drug trade for no apparent reason.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        The LA are more like a galactic empire than a terrorist organization at this point. You're right they're profit driven, with warlord as leaders, which means an attack on Earth makes all the sense in the world given that the Destiny crew killed one of their commanders daughters, and Earth has (presumably) carried on disrupting their drug trade for no apparent reason.
                        We also officially declared war on them about 3 years ago, and it's also more that we are a significant threat to them, having defeated the Goa'uld, replicators, and Ori, and having built and operating vessels that incorporate technology far beyond that of their own ships, and having control of Atlantis, which is now Earth-side. Also, we control Destiny, which they obviously want and sent a large group to take control, but failed to do so. Therefore, they're angry and scared.

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
                          We also officially declared war on them about 3 years ago, and it's also more that we are a significant threat to them, having defeated the Goa'uld, replicators, and Ori, and having built and operating vessels that incorporate technology far beyond that of their own ships, and having control of Atlantis, which is now Earth-side. Also, we control Destiny, which they obviously want and sent a large group to take control, but failed to do so. Therefore, they're angry and scared.
                          Also, I'd have to imagine that cost them an absolute fortune to try to take Destiny from us so I'd imagine they're getting desperate too.

Comment

Still watching, very much enjoying so far but a couple nitpicks:

- Homeworld Command, IN THE PENTAGON, gets attacked and...where is O'Neill?
                            - would've been nice if Camille's voice on Telford's radio had been a different voice
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Finished it now.

ARGH DAMN YOU SYFY
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                It was a great "greer-wray" centered episode.
                                BUT my only quip.. Why the heck did they use that bonerhead guy for a scientist? Doesn't he usually play Dweebs in comedies??
                                He played Ferretti in the original Stargate movie. That more than likely had something to do with the casting.
                                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                                X