Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly though this was kind of the first meh episode of this season. I wonder if it could've been a little better if you added a little RDA into it.

I still don't understand the whole timeline thing, maybe I'm thinking too hard about it.

Dang, this French Stewart dude has been in basically everything.

Tomorrow, a bunch of dead people come back to life.
    sigpic

Comment

Greer destroys Wray in this episode; there is always something about him not giving up despite the injuries he's substained that makes him appealing. Maybe it's the way he talks back to Wray, going against what she think of him; maybe it's the military mindstate that he has. Whatever it is, this is a true show of what Greer can do when pushed, it's not a character revelation as much as it is a representation; this guy truly is a reckless, fearless, push no limits person but with oddly enough, a heart of gold.

That's the only notable thing in the episode; much of it is a slow drawl of constant worrying and shots of hallways that are good at first (truly representing the damage shown) but become complacent. I could see the LA guy from miles at a time, I know that this show is supposed to paint a grey area regarding everyone but could they not put the effort into making the guy seem as ambiguous as possible, the way he was freaking out, showing his knowledge and trying to "fit in" was a dead giveaway.

There's also a sideplot involving Destiny and two guys who seemingly represent Syfy execs; I have to admit, there skills were interesting but they didn't do much to develop them from the generic tropes that they were, which were two people who were nice but wanted to see results; the communication they had with Chloe was by far the best part of the episode. Moral issues are raised with the stones but then again, judging by the way they've been acting; all moral issues are diluted. Think about it, this episode projects the disgusting idea of these people using somebody elses bodies without consent to live forever with disregards to Wray and Greer but these people are on the Destiny which they complain can't handle many attacks and isn't viable as a mission; they would be far away from civilization and the things they love, they would have to deal with the constant issues of the Destiny crew and worst of all, they wouldn't be able to feel at home at the Destiny. So this raises the question, what's the purpose of living if you're in a place you actively dislike?

I have to wonder if this was the LA attack plot Simeone was talking about... Even if it didn't go according to plan, it seemed really weak that they would attack Homeworld Command; in SGU, these guys are benevolent and they have to go for high-risk targets like the White House. They would also have to make sure they got past whatever the crews of SG-1 and SGA would have planned (if they still consisted of the same people) which could of been a lot more effective had they disrupted their ability to communicate somehow. Makes his death a lot less essential. At least it gave us some bonding time between Wray and Greer, facing the eventuality of death, giving a chance to communicate as equals, it does something for the both of them and it's oddly compelling character work.
      Back from the grave.

Comment

Midweek, another ep of SGU...

1. To be fair, Greer and Wray were a bit reckless with Cavil and Michael's bodies.

2. Having said that...wouldn't Chloe and Michaels be on first name terms if they were that tight?

3. Forgot that they left us hanging a bit at the end of the ep.
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Every time I see this episode I can see French Stewart projecting his Harry Solomon character from '3rd Rock From the Sun', the scrunched up eyes, and his voice just reminded me of that character. It was hard to see him as the character he was supposed to be playing here on SGU! He was in the original Stargate movie too, although I can't place him as Ferretti!

Why Homeworld Command is in Washington DC, the seat of US government is just plain idiotic! So, all the Lucian Alliance has to do is fly a Naquadria laden bomb into the area their intelligence discovered they are, and, bingo they disable one of Earth's main powers in one go! What is wrong with Cheyenne Mountain, they would never get a bomb in there now after all the SGC learnt from past experiences?!

It's these kinds of questions that this episode raises that makes this the worst episode of the series for me. It's the use of the stones as well, the moral issues raised, the guy trying to stay in Greer's body when he finds out that his was dying from a lethal dose of radiation. At least the initially unlikeable typical Stargate Senator turns out to have morals and accepts her end, along with diffusing the bomb since she was going to die anyway!

The best bit about this episode was the destruction of the base, the way Wray and Greer were caught up in it and crawled out was really well done. One of the most realistic destruction scenes using real falling set debris rather than CGI I've seen, my hat off to the set designers, stunts and effects teams!

Comment

An okay ep. Not up with the best of the season.

I knew from the beginning that the soldier was Lucian Alliance. Too many signs. Not knowing the way out. Not knowing how to read a geiger counter. Being in such a hurry to get out.

The senator was pushy and annoying.

Camille and Greer. Now that's an unlikely duo.

Cavil was very cowardly. Trying to stay in Greers body.

Camille and Greers talk at the end was nice.
            sigpic

Comment

While cavil was cowardly, i can understand his reluctance to return to known oblivion.

Comment

I don't know about this one. It is kind of weak. It is suppose to be an episode that tackles the issues of Greer and Wray but I feel it falls flat on its head. I don't really find them getting any closer to the personal issues that is between the two. It just felt of going through the motions of finding the bomb and disarming it. Feels like little development. The stuff on Destiny was a little more interesting. I think the senator shows a nice contrast to how much Chloe has changed since the incident in Air. Its interesting how much the scientist played by French Stewart is just like Rush as noted by Volker in that they both keep secrets. And I the way the scientist did not want to the break the stone connection shows a selfish nature much like Rush.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Wray and Greer. Good to see them more. It was obvious the airman was LA.

Not one of my favorite episodes...

Comment

Working...
                  X