Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought it was everything hitting him at once, the fact of killing Telford, the fact of going down with the ship.....and him thinking to himself, "my other self was so obsessed with Destiny that he went down with Destiny.......am i that insane too? After all, he was me, with only 12 hours more experience"

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
      When I first seen this episode I was thinking the people might have been sent through time to the future or to a different planet. Just because they didn't show up on earth doesn't mean they are dead.

I don't understand why there are two ships. The ship didn't go through a wormhole. Cool idea for a episode though.
      evidentally the ship DID go through the wormhole, or somehow the effect of the wormhole created some kind of time distortion bubble because of a powerful solar flare. The Destiny isn't like a planet......first, it was actually IN the star.....it wasn't a fixed point in space......they should feel lucky that Destiny didn't get thrown to the far end of the Universe....lol

Comment

I've just re-watched Twin Destinies again, and I want to confirm something that always confused me. Telford acts so strange in this episode, particularly his verbal attacks on Rush at the end that lead to his death. I always thought that somehow that was the original Telford (from Earth) who returned using the stones, but now I'm thinking that's incorrect. The entire episode is weird for Telford. He references being sabotaged in the past, but he was under mind control back then. Just to confirm, was the person that died Telford we'd been with the entire show, or the one that reached Earth?

Comment

Originally posted by sci-fi fanatic View Post
          I've just re-watched Twin Destinies again, and I want to confirm something that always confused me. Telford acts so strange in this episode, particularly his verbal attacks on Rush at the end that lead to his death. I always thought that somehow that was the original Telford (from Earth) who returned using the stones, but now I'm thinking that's incorrect. The entire episode is weird for Telford. He references being sabotaged in the past, but he was under mind control back then. Just to confirm, was the person that died Telford we'd been with the entire show, or the one that reached Earth?
          Hola Mr/Ms Fanatic, confusing episode indeed!

Parallel / alternate universe (let's call em 2)
          The crew of Destiny 2 tries dialing Earth within the star. Rush 2 warns that the connection is unstable, Telford 2 goes ahead anyway and everyone but him gets killed in the wormhole. Telford 2 made it back to Earth. So the Telford using the stone is actually the Telford from the other reality.

When original Telford insinuate that Rush 2 must've sabotaged Destiny 2 (he blames him for the death of the previous crew), a fight ensues and Telford is accidentally killed by Rush 2.

So yes you are correct, the Telford that dies is our Telford, not his double. The one that reached Earth would be Telford 2.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Thanks! I always assumed it was Telford 2 that died and only realized this time that perhaps that was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sci-fi fanatic View Post
              Thanks! I always assumed it was Telford 2 that died and only realized this time that perhaps that was wrong.
              You're welcome
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

They had to find a quick reason how to write out II. Telford and II. Young.

Off. His hymn is here. Even they lyrics fits to Stargate : Universe.

"Let's dance in style, let's dance for a while
                Heaven can wait we're only watching the skies
                Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst
                Are you gonna drop the bomb or not?
                Let us die young or let us live forever
                We don't have the power, but we never say never
                Sitting in a sandpit, life is a short trip
                The music's for the sad man
                Can you imagine when this race is won?
                Turn our golden the faces into the sun
                Praising our leaders, we're getting in tune
                The music's played by the, the madman
                Forever young
                I want to be forever young
                Do you really want to live forever?
                Forever, and ever
                Forever young
                I want to be forever young
                Do you really want to live forever?
                Forever young"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHIIATt0BaM
                Last edited by Platschu; 23 August 2018, 12:46 PM.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                X