• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Twin Destinies' (212) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE UNIVERSE - SEASON TWO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 212

Rush expresses concerns when Earth approves Eli's plan to dial the Stargate home from inside a star -- and is proved right when a duplicate of himself shows up with a warning from the future.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 February 2021, 11:34 PM.

I have to say... one of the best episodes of SGU and the franchise yet. But of course, I could say that for over half of this season so far.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Destiny just gave causality the finger.

Sooo... Telford is both dead and back on Earth, Destiny has two shuttles and not two Rushs plus a bunch of spare parts, and going home is yet again a pipe dream. As far as contrivances go, this was fairly good. It's good to see that Rush genuinely tried to help.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
        Destiny just gave causality the finger.

Sooo... Telford is both dead and back on Earth, Destiny has two shuttles and not two Rushs plus a bunch of spare parts, and going home is yet again a pipe dream. As far as contrivances go, this was fairly good. It's good to see that Rush genuinely tried to help.
        No more contrived than when the writers invented the "solar flare = time travel" plot device in the first place.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

wow that episode was awesome!
          sigpic

Comment

AWESOME!

Also, one of the funniest lines ever.

TJ - "Like Dr. Jackson and Col. Carter... and that other guy that looks at your..." gestures at Lt. James.

Lt. James makes a face "McKay."

Comment

I though the episode was fantastic! Good to see Dr. Lee as I thought he was forgotten! Mckay was referenced! Yay! I love inter-franchise references and such, helps me feel more excited and...nerdy?

Loved the Time Travel stuff, two Rushes and two Destinies!? YES! I'm shocked about what happened with Telford, kinda freaked me out. Rush just can't stop being interesting. Glad to see Chloe doing alot. Not that she didn't before but hopefully it stops some people's whining about the great character.

On a much lesser note, I like the Destiny's siren sound.

Comment

loved this ep more than the previous! why SyFy, why...

Comment

Wait, what?

I didn't get this episode at all. So we just will never know what really happened when they dialed earth?

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                    loved this ep more than the previous! why SyFy, why...
                    Yes
                    Why! SyFy! Whyyyyyyyy?!

EDIT: I mean sure the ratings are low, but.....still.....
                    Last edited by Replicator Todd; 14 March 2011, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BadOnion View Post
                      Wait, what?

I didn't get this episode at all. So we just will never know what really happened when they dialed earth?
                      We know what, canonically, is said to have happened. It's up to you to believe Rush's story or to go with Telford and assume he sabotaged the dialing. Either way, the end result is the same.

Comment

that was absolutely AWESOME. I'm going to have to watch this one a few times just to figure out the whole rush/telford thing!

as far as i can see, past Telford is dead and our Telford is alive on Earth? Past Rush sat in the chair and MAY have ascended, or and this is my personal hope, uploaded his consciousness to our Destiny? We've got two BRAND NEW shuttles now, and a ****load of spare parts and twice the medical supplies?

Man, this was one HELL of an episode!

Comment

Mind blowing... That conversation about sgc and Eli made me so nostalgic...

It cannnntt end like this!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            We know what, canonically, is said to have happened. It's up to you to believe Rush's story or to go with Telford and assume he sabotaged the dialing. Either way, the end result is the same.
                            That hasn't bothered me with previous episodes, but this time I feel a bit cheated;

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                              that was absolutely AWESOME. I'm going to have to watch this one a few times just to figure out the whole rush/telford thing!

as far as i can see, past Telford is dead and our Telford is alive on Earth? Past Rush sat in the chair and MAY have ascended, or and this is my personal hope, uploaded his consciousness to our Destiny? We've got two BRAND NEW shuttles now, and a ****load of spare parts and twice the medical supplies?

Man, this was one HELL of an episode!
                              Past Rush? I'm pretty sure that was Future Rush in the chair?

Comment

Working...
                              X