Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Momentum in space and the minidrone capture??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KEK View Post
    There's not proof that he drone doesn't use some form of anti-gravity, or even thrust to keep in the air.
    What anti-gravity used for, when the drone seem only operate in space? Which gravity it try to counter in empty space?

I didn't see the drone try to compensate the artificial gravitational pull from Destiny. Otherwise, it will go straight to the roof and go back down after compensate the gravity pulled. So, anti-gravity uses in the drone is a no-no.

Most likely the drone will work with gravity to gain it's momentum and maneuverability using the amount of mass it has. Otherwise, it will be kicked away when it fly closer to the object that has gravity or artificial gravity like a spaceship.

Comment

Or it just uses some form of thrust.

Comment

The shuttle has inertial dampeners. Otherwise, everyone on board would be turned into pudding the moment it accelerated.

Comment

Maybe the drones are programmed to stop themselves before shutting down, so they don't drift too far from their last known position, for easier recovery by a new control ship.

Just my theory.

Comment

What anti-gravity used for, when the drone seem only operate in space? Which gravity it try to counter in empty space?

I didn't see the drone try to compensate the artificial gravitational pull from Destiny. Otherwise, it will go straight to the roof and go back down after compensate the gravity pulled. So, anti-gravity uses in the drone is a no-no.

Most likely the drone will work with gravity to gain it's momentum and maneuverability using the amount of mass it has. Otherwise, it will be kicked away when it fly closer to the object that has gravity or artificial gravity like a spaceship.
            gravity has infinite range hence it can pull itself to or from stellar objects.

also you contradict yourself. gravity is the "denting" of space. if you push space you by definition use gravity.

lastly we only know of inertialess drives. what they do is anyone's guess.

oh and if it countered Destiny's gravity with anti-gravity, it wouldn't bang against the roof as it can be enacted gradually. as proven in Flesh and Blood.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              gravity is the "denting" of space. if you push space you by definition use gravity.
              I rather say it will work with gravity but not totally depending to gravity. Whether the space already dented by the gravity or not. It just replace the space occupied by the object with the space in front/sides/above/bottom of the object depend on the direction it goes.

So, it does not against any gravitational pulls or become anti-gravity.

Comment

i don't get what you're trying to say. it's kinda hard to make sense of your post.

Comment

easy answer: the drones are programmed to brake when they dont recieve orders anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by jwaldo View Post
                    Maybe the drones are programmed to stop themselves before shutting down, so they don't drift too far from their last known position, for easier recovery by a new control ship.

Just my theory.
                    This is mine as well.. Makes sense the other ships would pick them up..

Comment

Working...
                    X