Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Momentum in space and the minidrone capture??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Momentum in space and the minidrone capture??

The way they brought the minidrone into the shuttle bay, wouldn't that be an extremely hard feat to pull off in real space? I mean the drones shut down mid flight, which would mean they would still be travelling at the same speed they were when they shut down. Plus even without conserving their speed from when they were powered up, there could be some pretty hard gravitational pulls on them giving them a speed that would make it hard to do what they did, yet in the episode the drone looked like it was completely stagnant.
    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
    The way they brought the minidrone into the shuttle bay, wouldn't that be an extremely hard feat to pull off in real space? I mean the drones shut down mid flight, which would mean they would still be travelling at the same speed they were when they shut down. Plus even without conserving their speed from when they were powered up, there could be some pretty hard gravitational pulls on them giving them a speed that would make it hard to do what they did, yet in the episode the drone looked like it was completely stagnant.
    In television space most things stop when they lose power. Convenience of storytelling.
    "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
    - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

there is such a thing as matching speed and direction

Comment

Actually we saw the drones stopping when they were disabled, i believe it was when they jammed the subspace connection, the drones stopped.

I imagine most ADVANCED ships would have that sort of feature, so you know....you dont drift into a star....

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          Actually we saw the drones stopping when they were disabled, i believe it was when they jammed the subspace connection, the drones stopped.

I imagine most ADVANCED ships would have that sort of feature, so you know....you dont drift into a star....
          Wasn't Destiny hurtling towards a star at some point, or were the subspace engines on then?

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          there is such a thing as matching speed and direction
          wouldn't that have resulted in an awefully squishy situation after they repressurised but before they put on the artificial gravity again?
          I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
            Wasn't Destiny hurtling towards a star at some point, or were the subspace engines on then?
            thats because it was planning to go into the star.

Comment

since the entire battle took place in empy space, there is no reference point.

if i were to cancel out gravity on you, you'd fly straight up. but that can't be, since orbital dynamics tell us that you should follow on a tangential path. but since the earth rotates, it appears as straight up.

what does this tell us? the Drones could shut down yet still maintain forward motion. we can't really tell since Destiny is in motion too.

lastly, we know little of inertialess drive dynamics. Destiny has some sort of engine but it's not purely inertialess, so it has momentum. we don't know what happens when an inertialess drive shuts down

Comment

Destiny's engine push the object(ship) moving through space. While the drone engine, push the space around the object(drone).

That is why the drone floating on top of the table when it was power up by Rush. Also the same physic applied when it stop from flying in space without inertia effect.

Comment

Destiny's engine push the object(ship) moving through space. While the drone engine, push the space around the object(drone).
                  you don't know that

Comment

For an easy example is like paddling a boat and walking inside a big plastic bubble on a surface of water.

When you stop paddling, the boat still moving forward. But when you stop walking inside the plastic bubble, the bubble stop where it is at the same moment.

But the drone use the space surround it as the bubble...

It's like a FTL or Hyperdrive or Warp, but at a lower speed.

Comment

Repeating it doesn't make it true. You might be right of course, but you've still got no proof.

Comment

The proof is when Rush power up the drone. The space bubble that moving surround the drone push the drone up and made it look like floating. You may think it's an anti-gravity effect. Its not, the moving space around the drone rolling away from sturdy non-moving object and space.

The gap between the table and drone is the thickness of moving space bubble manipulated by the drone engine.

The closest of human technology that manipulate space bubble is the helicopter.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
                          The proof is when Rush power up the drone. The space bubble that moving surround the drone push the drone up and made it look like floating. You may think it's an anti-gravity effect. Its not, the moving space around the drone rolling away from sturdy non-moving object and space.

The gap between the table and drone is the thickness of moving space bubble manipulated by the drone engine.

The closest of human technology that manipulate space bubble is the helicopter.
                          Are you for real? You've just completely made that up

Comment

Thank you for laughing at it. It show you have no interest about the logic behind the technology shown to you in the show other than trolling the thread. Have you got your own explanation on this subject?

So far, I haven't seen any.

p/s - If you willing to use a little effort with your brain, you;ll understand my explanation. It's all in the nature surround us. The same way Newton understand about Gravity by observing the nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
                              Thank you for laughing at it. It show you have no interest about the logic behind the technology shown to you in the show other than trolling the thread. Have you got your own explanation on this subject?
                              No, I have no explanation for the fiction technology he writers have created. And I'm not laughing at your idea, I'm laughing at the fact that you're trying to pass it off as the truth.

So far, I haven't seen any.

p/s - If you willing to use a little effort with your brain, you;ll understand my explanation. It's all in the nature surround us. The same way Newton understand about Gravity by observing the nature.
                              If you have a theory then present it as such, not as if it were a fact. There's not proof that he drone doesn't use some form of anti-gravity, or even thrust to keep in the air. This is all guesswork.

Comment

Working...
                              X