• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloodline (318)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON THREE
    BLOODLINE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 318

In the other universe Olivia is kidnapped by people who accelerate her pregnancy to serve their secret agenda -- unaware that Olivia has a condition that could lead to her death. Secretary Bishop lets Lincoln in on a secret so that he can find her.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 17 April 2014, 12:20 PM.

Man, they gotta give Lincoln a main character spot already. Dude friggin' deserves it. I mean, wow. Altlivia and Walternate have had their unrepentant moments, but Lincoln really hasn't, to me at least, so he's got this weird sympathy over there on the other side that colour things perfectly grey.

I loved this episode. Really, I can understand why some people, you know, wouldn't, but I love all the over there episodes, even the two we haven't had our heroes in. There's this air, this weight, to the alternate world that makes it feel so alternate and stuff, from the little things like The West Wing going for a twelfth season or crazy pregnancy diseases that are screwing up things. Very depressing in a way, very cool in another. Awesome all round.

Altlivia's a champ - Anna Torv is a goddess - and there's plenty to make me sympathise with her a lot here. Walternate's as murky evil but still won't use children so he's not all bad kinda fun. But as I said before, Lincoln made the episode - Seth Gabel knocked it all out of the park, and his little planning with Charlie at the end there makes me very excited for those two, with their plotting and their stances being suspicious and maybe letting them pick the right side in the coming war, or at least not pick the wrong one when the chips are down. Henry's reappearance worked great too.

So yeah, great episode, great show, so very glad it's going for a fourth season and bring on some more!
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Just started.... I'm actually feeling a bit of glee while having this one, knowing there are still 27 more episodes of this to go now (including this one)
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Another fan-freaking-tastic episode.

One little thing I wondered about....we saw September near the end, but we also saw part of an Observer face nearer the beginning. And I swear that was Peter Woodward's cheek structure (August) on the earlier one. We know the Observers don't seem to be limited by regular time flow....

Oh and I need to agree (as usual ) with Matt: give Lincoln regular cast billing! He's been amazing, and I really don't ever want to see him go.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yet again...I'm happy with Fringe! Three years of Fringey awesomeness...and another one on the way! Anna Torv never fails to deliever a flawless performance. I must admit that I'm not liking Walternate. He was behind Altivia's abduction and super fast baby growth. I wonder if he's trying to find someone else to power up that machine?
          sigpic

Comment

Great episode this week. I was glad to see the over there team again. With the announcement of a fourth season, the episode was even sweeter. The episode story was great, the writing and dialogue was solid.
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

When the PTB said we were going to come to care about the other side, I didn't believe it. Yeah, they had Charlie, but other than that, I could do without it.

After this episode though, I've changed my mind. I don't want the other side to be destroyed. Linc has completely grown on me over the last couple episodes and this ep locked it.

My heart broke for Linc during the delivery scene. It was shot in just a way to show how he had everything he ever wanted in his arms and it was being ripped away. I loved the way his declaration just fell out of his mouth, no hesitation. Even though Altlivia couldn't return the feelings, I could understand finally why he did love her. I didn't want her to die, I didn't want Linc to die, or Charile, or Asberger Astrid, or the cabby, or his little girl that he delivered himself.

I don't know how they're going to save both worlds, but I'm hopeful like Olivia told AltBroyles there HAS to be a way.
              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Walternate is so misunderstood. He saved two lives this week, especially his grandson's. Go Walternate!

Great episode, with three recurring characters that I like: Charlie, Lincoln and Henry, the cab driver. Hope they team up somehow to counter Walternate.

Anyone else thinks Altlivia's mom knew about the kidnapping and the baby growth process her daughter was subjected to?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stormtrooper View Post
                  Walternate is so misunderstood. He saved two lives this week, especially his grandson's. Go Walternate!
                  I was about to comment on just that!

Sure, Altivia had a lousy day because of him. But in the end, he's the only reason that both she and her baby are alive!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

Sure, Altivia had a lousy day because of him. But in the end, he's the only reason that both she and her baby are alive!
                    Which makes me not understand the whole kidnapping plot. If Walternate had just gone to Altlivia and said "I can save you and the baby by accelerating the pregnancy and not letting him catch the virus." She would have gone along with it. No need for the charade or the risk of something going wrong (aka Altlivia escaping and delivering in a noodle shop).

Comment

This was a fantastic episode. It's impossible not to be drawn into the other side and to start to care about the people there. Really don't want to see the other side destroyed either.

Originally posted by Stormtrooper View Post

Great episode, with three recurring characters that I like: Charlie, Lincoln and Henry, the cab driver. Hope they team up somehow to counter Walternate.

Anyone else thinks Altlivia's mom knew about the kidnapping and the baby growth process her daughter was subjected to?
                      Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

Originally posted by aaobuttons View Post
                      Which makes me not understand the whole kidnapping plot. If Walternate had just gone to Altlivia and said "I can save you and the baby by accelerating the pregnancy and not letting him catch the virus." She would have gone along with it. No need for the charade or the risk of something going wrong (aka Altlivia escaping and delivering in a noodle shop).
                      I agree with aaobuttons. Yes Walternate and his team saved Altlivia and the baby, but why all the subterfuge if he didn't have nefarious purposes. I'm sure Altlivia wanted to save the baby and would have jumped at the chance to do so. Would have been much less stressful for Altlivia as well as the baby.
                      sigpic

Comment

But that was the whole point she needed to be in a heightened state of stress for the compounds to work 110%.

Who sees a Lincoln x Olivia/Peter x Olivia Triangle Here

Comment

Oh, bug girl (Mona?) was mentioned in this ep. Apparently, she had a date with Alt-Charlie. Do you think we'll ever see her again? Hope so
                          sigpic

Comment

I hope so too, I love me some Julie McNiven

Comment

Originally posted by hellrasinb View Post
                              Who sees a Lincoln x Olivia/Peter x Olivia Triangle Here
                              Isn't that what we've already got? lol Lincoln love Altlivia who love Peter who loves Olivia.

What I'm waiting for is when our universe Linc (is he considered the Alt Linc since we saw him second? I'll call him HartfordLinc for this post) and Olivia meet for the first time (when she's not possessed by Bell and can actually recognize him) and Olivia remembers Lincoln from over there and has feelings for HartfordLinc only to realize that they aren't her feelings but the feelings from Altlivia that were implanted in her.

Wow... only on Fringe does that sound not only possible, but plausible. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X