Season 4 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
    Others are willing to give it a chance, some are excited, like Sally. You seem to want to run and hide from the ep.
    I'm sorry I can't join your True Fan club. I'm proud to be an individual with my own opinion. And I speak for no one else or expect anyone else to think they way I do about a musical episode. It is nice to see all the different opinions. I guess different opinions bother you. But for the future episodes of Sanctuary I have some I will view and others I will skip.

Comment

I'm in...sounds like a good idea! I don't know if a musical episode is a good idea, but I will watch and hope for the best?!

Comment

Let's lose all this 'true fan' crap please.

First, how many times must it be said that 'fans' don't save or keep a show on the air, millions and millions of random average viewers do.

Second, again, how many times must it be said that people can and should only speak for themselves???? This isn't the 'bully everyone to seeing things my way' forum. This isn't the 'stepford wives' forum. This is a forum of independent people from all over the world.

You don't have to like a person's opinion but you do need to respect it.

And I'll also say that criticism is welcome here, as long as it's respectfully phrased. And I will also say that praise is just as welcome, also as long as it's respectfully phrased. You guys want the 'Praise only forum', go somewhere else. I defend people's ability to say they love the show, I defend their ability to say they hate it. What I do NOT defend is members being told what they should think and say.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
          Possibly because there is a special Live Smackdown on Tuesday as well.
          Darn I was hoping it was a mistake because I can't tape it then since I tape Flashpoint on ION for my mom because my LCD/HDTV is the only one in the house that picks up the channel without a box and my mom can't even watch or tape Sanctuary then since she tapes Covert Affairs at that time so she can watch 3 straight hours if CBS. I guess it good thing it's only an extra air date. My other thought was that whoever does up the schedules for SYFY was a little Tesla happy.

I wonder what effect that will have on the ratings but that's for the ratings thread.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

For some fans, it's easier think hide from an ep, then give it a chance, and I bet they'll be some people saying the show has an agenda with the music ep, just like they did with Monsoon.
            ^^
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              ^^
              sigpic

Comment

Others are willing to give it a chance, some are excited, like Sally. You seem to want to run and hide from the ep.
                don't bring me into this crap you have going with steff!! i'm excited b/c of a warped fascination more than anything else.

some ppl aren't looking forward to it, then let them feel that way. you thinking everything is perfect and wonderful all the bloody time is *just* the same as the ppl you put down for being negative about something. jeez!!
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                  But what they say and what they actually feel about something might not be the same. I'm positive AT, RD or RR wouldn't say Fugue was a horrible experience and they for sure wold try to put a positive spin on the episode. If at least for the ratings. I'm sure they want to keep their jobs as much as we want Sanctuary to get a season 5.
                  True, but since they have admitted to times when they have felt silly doing things on set (like RD and AT running from the basilisk in Hollow Earth or RR losing his clothes going HAP), I guess I personally would give them the benefit of doubt if they say they enjoyed doing the singing, rather than assume it was a humiliating experience for them because I may find it silly.

sigpic

Comment

Seems odd Sanctuary is pulling out all the stops this season. First a lesbian kiss and now a musical ep..what's up? Fans have been asking for years about the first (mainly about Helen's past lovers with AT hinting it could be female as much as male) so why now? Why not leave it alone? Kinda like how fans wanted to see a little more chemistry between Sam and Jack but the writers were forever teasing fans. Are the dream team throwing everything out there for a reason? To draw new fans in to muster ratings? Or perhaps they know something about season 5 that we don't...yet.
                    you mean like there won't be one?
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      Next friday may be a good time to break out the Sanctuary Drinking Game

Take a drink:

Every time Will rants
                      Every time Henry says Dude
                      Every time Helen says 'dear god'
                      Every time Biggie headslaps

Get a new drink when you see an ex-stargate actor on the show, beyond the main cast.
                      I believe I'll be joining you with the drinking game on Friday. See? Sanctuary brings fans together in more ways than just one.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                      True, but since they have admitted to times when they have felt silly doing things on set (like RD and AT running from the basilisk in Hollow Earth or RR losing his clothes going HAP), I guess I personally would give them the benefit of doubt if they say they enjoyed doing the singing, rather than assume it was a humiliating experience for them because I may find it silly.
                      True. I'm hoping for the best on this Fugue episode personally. I mean, when Grey's did their musical ep, I had to cringe a bit if not for some of the singing but for how OTT it was but it turned out okay. I would always rather watch a mad action scene with explosions, plot twists and new and intriguing abnormals, but I'll go into this musical ep not disliking it until I watch it in full. Maybe it'll be some kind of a dream sequence or hallucinations by one of the characters like Grey's was which will put it into the acceptable category, no matter how bad the singing turns out to be.

One thing is for sure, if AT does a decent job, I'll be handing her a guitar at AT6.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      you mean like there won't be one?
                      Let's hope not!!

Comment

One thing is for sure, if AT does a decent job, I'll be handing her a guitar at AT6.
                        RE: the guitar: remember that AT said "never in public. ever." But maybe she's changed her mind since then?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                          RE: the guitar: remember that AT said "never in public. ever." But maybe she's changed her mind since then?
                          Perhaps with the singing she's loosened up a bit since then? That was at AT4 that she said that (I think) so who knows what two years has done.
                          I am thinking if bringing my uke with me so perhaps that will suffice for a little spontaneity if the moment arises.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackandal View Post
                            Of course Fugue is going to suck if everyone goes into it with that attitude. (Can`t believe I said that. I normally hate people who think that attitude determines success, but in this case it`s a sound theory.)Seriously, every idea for a musical sounded stupid at first, but then most of them turned out to be great works of art that expressed the story possibly better than a conventional play, movie, book etc. Have a little faith.
                            I must be one of a very few who is actually looking forward to seeing this...and I actually enjoyed the promo's.
                            I think we should give it a chance before hanging it out for a beating. Just MHO.
                            Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                            Just get a few glasses or bottles of wine into her & Amanda is just adorably amazing and this i can attest to after Armageddon. Whether she will play guitar is another thing though...but I reckon she'd sing if prompted...at least if we all sang with her. One can only hope.
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                              Darn I was hoping it was a mistake because I can't tape it then since I tape Flashpoint on ION for my mom because my LCD/HDTV is the only one in the house that picks up the channel without a box and my mom can't even watch or tape Sanctuary then since she tapes Covert Affairs at that time so she can watch 3 straight hours if CBS. I guess it good thing it's only an extra air date. My other thought was that whoever does up the schedules for SYFY was a little Tesla happy.

I wonder what effect that will have on the ratings but that's for the ratings thread.
                              There should be a second showing you can tape. I tape flashpoint at midnight simply because I can't get Unforgettable AND body of proof AND flashpoint at the same time.

I tape the later airings all the time for shows.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I´m looking forward to see Fugue too, I´m not really a fan of musicals but I´m always happy to see Helen so I don´t care if it´s a musical or not, main thing is Helen is in it. I think it´s just funny but not embrassing and they said it´s not Glee so maybe it´s not so funny at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X