No announcement yet.

Season 4 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick question does anyone know why SYFY is airing Chimera Tuesday Nov. 29, in addition to usual Friday time, instead of reairing the Fugue an episode that's on the day after the US holiday Thanksgiving because I figure it would make much more sense to reair Fugue do to Thanksgiving and because Chimera will be on again Dec 5 at 3am rather then air Chimera 4 times.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
      Just a quick question does anyone know why SYFY is airing Chimera Tuesday Nov. 29, in addition to usual Friday time, instead of reairing the Fugue an episode that's on the day after the US holiday Thanksgiving because I figure it would make much more sense to reair Fugue do to Thanksgiving and because Chimera will be on again Dec 5 at 3am rather then air Chimera 4 times.
      Possibly because there is a special Live Smackdown on Tuesday as well.
      -

Comment

Could they be trying out Smackdown & Syfy on Tuesday?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          Next friday may be a good time to break out the Sanctuary Drinking Game

Take a drink:

Every time Will rants
          Every time Henry says Dude
          Every time Helen says 'dear god'
          Every time Biggie headslaps

Get a new drink when you see an ex-stargate actor on the show, beyond the main cast.
          Sky, your drinking game ensures passing out half way through the episodes. Maybe you need to insert warning of possible Alcohol poisoning. hehe And that is just from Will's rants.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            Next friday may be a good time to break out the Sanctuary Drinking Game

Take a drink:

Every time Will rants
            Every time Henry says Dude
            Every time Helen says 'dear god'
            Every time Biggie headslaps

Get a new drink when you see an ex-stargate actor on the show, beyond the main cast.
            You forgot one - take a drink every time someone says "Bloody Hell".
            sigpic

Comment

It's a shame I always watch the episode on Saturday morning/afternoon... I'm usually busy/preoccupied with other things in the evening and prefer to watch it as soon as possible but that also means I can't participate in the drinking game if it's really going to be bad...
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                i 'think' sanctuaryseries answered a fan's question on twitter on whether we'd see druit again, and from the way it was answered, i got the impression was yes. i can't find the tweet now, and i'm 'hoping' i'm remembering it right...
                Thanks. Hope your impression was correct.

Celandine: But what they say and what they actually feel about something might not be the same. I'm positive AT, RD or RR wouldn't say Fugue was a horrible experience and they for sure wold try to put a positive spin on the episode. If at least for the ratings. I'm sure they want to keep their jobs as much as we want Sanctuary to get a season 5
                I think you're right. They wouldn't say it was horrible or that they think it was a mistake to try a musical episode especially before it's even been aired, even if that's how they felt, which I'm not saying is how they feel, but anyway... (was that confusing? )
                sigpic
                Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                  I think you're right. They wouldn't say it was horrible or that they think it was a mistake to try a musical episode especially before it's even been aired, even if that's how they felt, which I'm not saying is how they feel, but anyway... (was that confusing? )
                  But on that note, we know that as a person who has the power to steer the direction of the show, Amanda wouldn't have allowed the episode to get very far if she thought it degraded the show in any way. Plus, she's been raving about it from the beginning as well.
                  sigpic

Comment

Of course Fugue is going to suck if everyone goes into it with that attitude. (Can`t believe I said that. I normally hate people who think that attitude determines success, but in this case it`s a sound theory.)Seriously, every idea for a musical sounded stupid at first, but then most of them turned out to be great works of art that expressed the story possibly better than a conventional play, movie, book etc. Have a little faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackandal View Post
                      Of course Fugue is going to suck if everyone goes into it with that attitude. (Can`t believe I said that. I normally hate people who think that attitude determines success, but in this case it`s a sound theory.)Seriously, every idea for a musical sounded stupid at first, but then most of them turned out to be great works of art that expressed the story possibly better than a conventional play, movie, book etc. Have a little faith.
                      Nope. No Faith. Not going to watch it. Not totally without reason. I CRINGED at the sneak peeks. Couldn't stand to watch the whole two or three minutes much less a whole episode.. Plus an Abby/Will based episode. Another NOPE!!!!!!

There is a reason singing is not on the resume of some of the cast.

Edit: There is a difference from being brave and making people embarrassed to watch.
                      Last edited by Steff; 21 November 2011, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                        But on that note, we know that as a person who has the power to steer the direction of the show, Amanda wouldn't have allowed the episode to get very far if she thought it degraded the show in any way. Plus, she's been raving about it from the beginning as well.
                        Indeed. I remember in the commentary or podcast for Pavor, Amanda said the director wanted to shoot certain things in the hose scene, but Amanda didn't allow it because she said it sexualized the scene, and that's not what the scene was about. Good for her, and that tells me that she stands up for her show.

Originally posted by Mackandal View Post
                        THIS!!!

See, too many fans go into certain episode thinking, or with the belief that they won't like it, and I've seen this on other shows. 1 of 2 things can happen. 1- They'll other go in thinking they won't like it and end up not liking it, or 2- they go in there thinking they won't like it, and then they'll come out going "nbvcdfhjkjhgfdrtu OMG, that's the best episode I've ever seen!"

For some fans, it's easier think hide from an ep, then give it a chance, and I bet they'll be some people saying the show has an agenda with the music ep, just like they did with Monsoon.

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                        Nope. No Faith. Not going to watch it. Not totally without reason. I CRINGED at the sneak peeks. Couldn't stand to watch the whole two or three minutes much less a whole episode.. Plus an Abby/Will based episode. Another NOPE!!!!!!

There is a reason singing is not on the resume of some of the cast.
                        So you won't be around in S5, right?

*Crosses fingers*

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                          See, too many fans go into certain episode thinking, or with the belief that they won't like it, and I've seen this on other shows. 1 of 2 things can happen. 1- They'll other go in thinking they won't like it and end up not liking it, or 2- they go in there thinking they won't like it, and then they'll come out going "nbvcdfhjkjhgfdrtu OMG, that's the best episode I've ever seen!"

For some fans, it's easier think hide from an ep, then give it a chance, and I bet they'll be some people saying the show has an agenda with the music ep, just like they did with Monsoon.
                          Too many fans go questioningly into episodes lately because they have felt burned before. High expectations in season 3 followed by boring filler episodes has paved the way for a more discerning audience. And we can pick and choose which ones we think will entertain us. I can't wait for the final two episodes. Those I think are not going to disappoint. OH, and the Tuesday one too. Looking forward to that one. The third from the end that is a Will/Helen stranded? Not sure if a want another rerun like Icebreaker.

So you won't be around in S5, right?

*Crosses fingers*
                          Hehe.... actually neither will you.
                          Last edited by Steff; 21 November 2011, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Hehe.... actually neither will you.
                            We'll see.

If all fans were like you, the show wouldn't have even gotten a S2.

Comment

We'll see.

If all fans were like you, the show wouldn't have even gotten a S2.
                              I don't think the mods like it when you do your "other people but me" are not true fans since they have different views.

Comment

I don't think the mods like it when you do your "other people but me" are not true fans since they have different views.
                                Others are willing to give it a chance, some are excited, like Sally. You seem to want to run and hide from the ep.

Comment

Working...
                                X