No announcement yet.

Tin Man (118)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Harlan's conscious was based cloned from a human over 11,000 years ago (before humans on Earth were enslaved and moved off-planet by Ra) I wonder if the humans from this planet were descendants of the Ancients (we know that the cartouche on Abydos included some Ancient planets).

Comment

Originally posted by EvaWallE7744 View Post
      As Harlan's conscious was based cloned from a human over 11,000 years ago (before humans on Earth were enslaved and moved off-planet by Ra) I wonder if the humans from this planet were descendants of the Ancients (we know that the cartouche on Abydos included some Ancient planets).
      Mmm... that's an interesting theory.

Considering how advanced Harlan's people were, it might just be possible.

Maybe they didn't persue ascension in the sense of floating to a different plane of existence but instead of ascending to a new existence as replicated clones. Though they would probably end up like the Asgard, cloning themselves out of existence.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Mmm... that's an interesting theory.

Considering how advanced Harlan's people were, it might just be possible.

Maybe they didn't persue ascension in the sense of floating to a different plane of existence but instead of ascending to a new existence as replicated clones. Though they would probably end up like the Asgard, cloning themselves out of existence.
        I've always been kinda weirded out by how the Asgard needed help with their cloning problem... I mean they didn't need to harvest material from the clones to make new clones and unless I misunderstand that is how you get cloning degradation.

As for Harlan's People I think that we see the Ancients as too much of a monolithic culture. Who knows how many offshoots they had once they arrived into the Milky Way galaxy. As such it wouldn't be too unlikely for there to be a "Simple Life" Commune that then hundreds/thousands of years later had decedents that chose to have a less "Simple" life. Their attempt to avoid their demise is a very Ancients method, another offshoot decided to try and travel through time to solve their problems and then gave up letting themselves die off.

And now for something else; I decided to be a bit more of a fan and plugged the number of hours Harlan mentioned into a calculator, "Ninety-nine million, two hundred seven thousand of your hours" according to Gateworld's transcript, and I got; 11,324 Years and 159 days. So that's neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
          And now for something else; I decided to be a bit more of a fan and plugged the number of hours Harlan mentioned into a calculator, "Ninety-nine million, two hundred seven thousand of your hours" according to Gateworld's transcript, and I got; 11,324 Years and 159 days. So that's neat.
          That's way back in the BC-era for us.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

That's way back in the BC-era for us.
            Heh, yeah, wait... wouldn't that make Harlan older than most Goa'uld? Ra, Yu, and Cronus may be older but I'm not sure about the others.

And if I were in charge of the SGC I would have totally negotiated with Harlan to get access to the tech in exchange for help maintaining his place, along with general companionship.

Comment

Working...
            X