No announcement yet.

Tin Man (118)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeh same here, i liked it cos we finally got to see some action with cronus's force!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

two days ago you said that it was boring make up your mind just kidding
      Lord Zedd

Comment

lol read my post. I thought tin man was boring but I thought the one in season 4 was good.

lol dont remember em going up against cronus in tin man!
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

my mistake if it weren't for tin men we wouldn't have seen the way double yeapordy was filmed
          Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by .:Lemon:.
            I didn't mind this episode. Harlan was quite cool I Prefered the season 4 episode featuring them though.
            Definitley!
            Rocky

Comment

This is one of my favorite episodes, as you can see by my choice of avatars, but my reasoning is simple: Harlans race wasn't originally from Earth.

Harlan said that "Hubbult" was the leader and creator of the complex he maintained, but he died 11,000 years ago. That seems to indicate that Harlan is older than that.
              Since we know Ra discovered Earth about 10,000 years ago, Harlans race couldn't have been transplanted there by the Goa'uld. That makes his race an enigma, unless you've seen the future episodes.
              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

That's if Harlan was human--he looked human, but that doesn't mean he was. Maybe he was some sort of twistedly freakish Ancient.

Look, it's possible!

Comment

Got to go with Uncle Dick's post on this one. First thought was - OMG, they’re actually showing Jack doing that to his ‘arm.’ (Second thought was - cool SFX….)

But I agree with Dani & FHB, that there was sadness, because they robot/clone team would deeply miss everything they had experienced up to that point (family/friends/lifestyle). It was interesting because it was almost like an AU kind of thing with the robot/clone team having shared memories up to that point with the ‘real’ team, but then their memories/consciousness would branch into a different directions as a result of their own new and separate experiences.....

Overall a pretty good ep.
                  Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                  My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

At first i thought it would be real cool to be synthensized. All the extra strength and brain power. Only bad about it i that you cant leave the complex, i would do like the others and kill myself.

Comment

Komtraya!!!
                      I LOVE this episode! I guess I like heart-rending things, but seriously I thought it was funny! I love Harlan, hes hilarious, I love the way Robot SG-1 reacts to real SG-1 (Carters babbling science, 2 Jacks what more could I say?!) too.
                      I think that also, like Window of Oppurtunity, it's great that they can balance humour with sadness hand in hand in the same episode.

I love it!!
                      Sig by SamJackShipLover, thank you!!

"The Titanic lies in 13,000 feet of water on a gently sloping alpinelike countryside overlooking a small canyon below. Its bow faces north and the ship sits upright on the bottom. There is no light at this great depth and little life can be found. It is a quiet and peaceful and fitting place for the remains of this greatest of sea tradgedies to rest. May it forever remain that way and may God bless these found souls." - Robert D. Ballard, 1985.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                        I found this episode very disturbing and sad. I can barely watch it. First, to hear Robot!Jack realise that they could never go back. To know that no matter what might have happened to his counterpart, Robot!Daniel had no hope of ever reuniting with Sha're. Robot!Teal'c would never see his family. Robot!Sam would never see Jacob. And, the worst thing was, they knew what they were missing. It was just too painful to watch.
                        I agree - i hated this episode. It was so bleak and disturbing. At first i wondered how harlan's "friends" could commit suicide, but by the end i thought that i might do the same in their position. There was no warm fuzzy glow at the end when they got safely home, because they never ever can. And whilst i like episodes that make you think, the thoughts from this one are just horrible.

McKay: In military parlance surprise... is an element on our side.

Comment

I think episode goes under the "Disturbing and depressing" category. It sucks that they can never go back to their old lives and they are stuck in that factory because they are powered by batteries. The infimary scene with Jack cutting open his arm was extremely disturbing.
                          Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

i did not like this episode at all...it was kind of depressing and i hated it when jack started cutting his skin to see if he was a machine... harlan seemed to be a little hoping toad that would not shut aswell...

i dont know. it just seemed off
                            "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

I have a few items about this episode:

1. I read the entire thread and never got an answer to this from Leanna's early post:

Originally posted by Leanna
                              Did anyone else catch the little "possible" flaw in the "Tin Man" episode? It was something the "real" Jack said towards the end.

2. I read the Dan Shea was the O'Niell Alternate. Does that mean he was O'Niell for all of the shots where O'Neill was RobotJack?

3. I thought they missed a chance to add a couple humrous lines in one scene. When Hammond comes into the room where the synthetics are being held, and Daniel explains what Harlan did and why, Daniel ends with saying Harlan thought it would be 'better'. I would have Hammond grufly respond, "Better, How?", and then have Jack respond with "That's what I kept asking him".

Comment

In answer to your second point -

I think the only time Dan Shea was the double was in the last scene by the gate. The camera angle is just behind Jacks head (this is Dan) and you see the other Jack talking to them from the front. The "back of Jacks head" is all Dan is, as far as Im aware. There may be other times though, but he's certainly not "Jack" all the way through!

Point 3 wouldve been great!! Im one of the few ppl who seems to like this ep (I love it!!) so yeah thats a great idea.

As for your first point.. Ive no idea!! Im intrigued now!!
                                Sig by SamJackShipLover, thank you!!

"The Titanic lies in 13,000 feet of water on a gently sloping alpinelike countryside overlooking a small canyon below. Its bow faces north and the ship sits upright on the bottom. There is no light at this great depth and little life can be found. It is a quiet and peaceful and fitting place for the remains of this greatest of sea tradgedies to rest. May it forever remain that way and may God bless these found souls." - Robert D. Ballard, 1985.

Comment

Working...
                                X