Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    But you will never redo it enough to beat the master
    It wouldn't be the same after the 87588758th time, I guess.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I love this episode - yes Harlan can get a little annoying with his sidestepping answers, but the first time I saw this I thought it was a great twist. Plus I love duplicates, and it made for an interesting dilemma at the end. Of course I also like the episode where they are working below the city - which also has very little action lol - I guess I like some of the more bizarre one-off drama episodes!
      sigpic
      signature art by lunasera

Comment

43.55 on the puzzle that was fairly hard!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lunasera View Post
          43.55 on the puzzle that was fairly hard!
          I think most jigsaw solvers would consider "fairly hard" an understatement in this particular jigsaw case, but know that apart from Solitudes, I never did any of the jigsaws that outrageously hard again.

Yes, I also apologized profusely for it.

And congrats on solving it. I commend your courage.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I think most jigsaw solvers would consider "fairly hard" an understatement in this particular jigsaw case, but know that apart from Solitudes, I never did any of the jigsaws that outrageously hard again.

Yes, I also apologized profusely for it.

And congrats on solving it. I commend your courage.
            Haha good to know - I may be brave enough to try another then :n)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lunasera View Post
              Haha good to know - I may be brave enough to try another then :n)
              If you skip the Solitudes one, that's okay -- most everyone did.

It took me a little over an hour to solve it, I think, if I remember correctly.

Comment

I really like this episode and even though some people thought the "Tin Man" Harlan was annoying but I liked him, and I understand why he did what he did...while it was wrong of him to make synthetic duplicates of SG-1 without their permission, but he was desperate and alone, it takes a lot of hard work for just 1 person to maintain an entire world, hence he made copies of people to help him, it's not like he killed the original people he duplicated. People can do drastic things when they're desperate and can't think of any better ways to deal with problems.

Comment

Why could he not duplicate himself? But then I am guessing he could have made a copy of his died android friend too.

Other interesting question, if this planet was on the Abydos cartouches then the Goa'uld must have known about this world. Maybe they have abadonned it or the locals have defeated the local ruler etc.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I can't think of anything on this planet that the Goa'uld would be interested in. They want slaves, not robots.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I mean maybe they used to be humans, but then the Goa'uld was wiped out than this isolated world has evolved to the wrong direction, so they had to abadon it while they have created robots to maintain their legacy.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                        I can't think of anything on this planet that the Goa'uld would be interested in. They want slaves, not robots.
                        While robots "live" longer, they would probably make horrible hosts.

Comment

Wasn't the world entirely uninhabitable too? I think early SG-1 implied that made the System Lord's less interested in the location. They even left all the cool toys on the TBFTGOG world alone once they poisoned the planet.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

As I understood it, the original inhabitants poisoned the planet and made it uninhabitable. They then created the technology that let them basically turn themselves into robots so that they could continue to work and fix the planet. Ultimately, everyone except Harlan died in robot form as well as flesh.

As for the goa'uld, they wouldn't have any interest in an uninhabitable planet, since slaves wouldn't survive to mine whatever minerals were available, nor would then be interested in the androids since they were so dependent on staying close to the power source.

Seaboe
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Goa'uld free -- except in the end they killed themselves in the process... As far as long term plan, Harlan's people were a little short sighted.

Comment

Even to this day, this episode's plot twist is incredible.

Comment

Working...
                                X