Tin Man (118)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
    JHarlan was too annoying and there wasn't enough... I don't know, naval gazing?
    You wanted them to look closely at ships?

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
      You wanted them to look closely at ships?

Seaboe
      eek - clangers aren't good at spelling / typing. Especially when they have been away so long.
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode .
        And I love the follow up episodes esp when they talk to each other orrathere there other selves.
        I did find it a bit odd how at the end the original group just calmly accepted the fact they had been tied up and replicated . Something I dont think they would have agreed to.
        Also if Harlans people had that technology why didnt they replicate them selves.
        sigpic

Comment

They did replicate themselves. But there was a tragedy and the organic originals were lost. Harlan notes that the organic original is required to create the replicate. That's how O'Neill et al. knew their bodies were still around, because Harlan was able to recreate Teal'c, which he couldn't've done without the original Teal'c.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I wonder, why we never went back to try and replicate harlan's technology?

Comment

Because the writers had too many new ideas they wanted to explore to revisit old ideas.

Seaboe

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                I wonder, why we never went back to try and replicate harlan's technology?
                Because SG-1 was under the impression that their robot selves had actually listened and closed off the Stargate
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

And how about later seasons, when they've learned that they pick on Goa'uld along with original SG-1, stirring some trouble here and there? Army of clones would be nice to storm Apophis
                  Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
                    And how about later seasons, when they've learned that they pick on Goa'uld along with original SG-1, stirring some trouble here and there? Army of clones would be nice to storm Apophis
                    Well, the question was asked in this thread, not in the one about Double Jeopardy!

But to answer your question; security risk. Especially later on in the show, as the robots would know everything the original also knows but they are probably easier to catch considering their battery life.
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Comtraya!

Irritating little man whom I would have damaged for sure...
                      Nevertheless, a fascinating character, this Harlen. However, with the amount of better's I wouldn't suggest playing a drinking game while watching this episode. Chances are you'll be stone drunk during the last 20 minutes of it.

I can understand he wants to have company, but he shouldn't have lied about it. He could have asked politely. Carter and Daniel might have said yes -- they seemed to be the most fascinated by it. Jack is definite no, and Teal'c would probably have followed in Jack's footsteps.

So, Harlen tried to combine both the larvae's consciousness and Teal'c's... not exactly a great combo as we could see.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I always like the topic of AI. I can see both view making them better and what to stay who you are. It brings interesting question, so I like it a lot.

Comment

This planet has Humans on it that have been there for over 11,000 years. So when did Ra have them transplanted.

Also does anyone else see a cultural similarity between Harlam, Urgo (same name episode), Calder (Beneath the Surface), the Game Keeper (crazy guy who traps people in virtual reality pods) and the place with the weird light thing? All these cultures seem very related to me, could they all be the Altarians that left the Komtraya joint, in there references of Harlam?

Comment

Good episode. Interesting take on AI. 3 out of 5 stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Besta View Post
                              All these cultures seem very related to me, could they all be the Altarians that left the Komtraya joint, in there references of Harlam?
                              Was it ever confirmed that it was the alterans who left that planet?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                Was it ever confirmed that it was the alterans who left that planet?
                                Note Altairans, not Alterans (otherwise known as Ancients).

Unless you want to speculate otherwise, given that they appear to predate Goa'uld activity on Earth. Maybe we're not the only life they seeded in this galaxy.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Working...
                                X