No announcement yet.

Tin Man (118)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GREAT! mission I loved the entire thing very entertaining.
    sigpic

Comment

i have got to agree with you their

Comment

A question that includes spoilers for season's 9 and 10:

Spoiler:
        Harlan's race is listed on several sites as being the Altairansand claims to be VERY old. Given the state of their technology and the age of the race, is it not possible that these Altairans might be the remnants of one of the first groups of Alterrans (Ancients) that made their way to our galaxy?

Comment

Originally posted by QuiGonJohn View Post
          1. I read the entire thread and never got an answer to this from Leanna's early post:
          The real O'Neill adresses Harlan as Harlan when he wakes. However, he has not previously met/seen/known of Harlan.

Comment

this is another great episode from the great first season of the great tv show stargate sg-1 the end is confusing i still don't know what's going on in this episode

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm new, both to the forum and to Stargate. I've only seen the original movie and Season 1 of the series so far, but I'm hooked. Unfortunately I don't get Sky, but I was introduced to the series by my best mate, known to you all as Chaka's Mum, who has very kindly been lending me her DVDs.

I enjoyed Tin Man, because there is so much in it to think about. Harlan is sweet, well meaning and, obviously, desperately lonely. Clearly, he also has a brilliant (if slightly crazy) mind. But of course it's so sad that the 'robotic' SG1 team will now be condemned to Harlan's existence and that the first 'copy' of Teal'c had to be destroyed.

Must admit though that I looked away the first time when 'robot' O'Neil started cutting his arm open and still cringe at that bit.
              Last edited by Harlan's Speechwriter; 17 March 2007, 01:58 PM.
              sigpic
              Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak View Post
                I meant annoy me in a good way ... I like both of them.
                I know what you mean. Harlan has the same 'irritatingness' as Urgo, though perhaps not quite to the same degree! Could anyone be more annoying (in a fun way) than Urgo?

As Harlan's Speechwriter said (greetings, by the way - did I hear someone taking my name in vain?) Harlan is quite sweet - in an almost childlike way. He's not acting out of malice - but hasn't quite thought the whole thing through.

The resolution of this storyline is also pretty neat. But that's going into spoiler territory so I'm going to shut up now.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
                  Harlan is quite sweet - in an almost childlike way. He's not acting out of malice - but hasn't quite thought the whole thing through.
                  Harlan's almost like a child with a chemistry set - mixing things together and only realising the consequences after the big bang.

Sad I know, but I loved O'Neil's attempt at Harlan's greeting; Combya instead of Comtrya. Brings back memories of what felt like hours singing 'Kum by ah' in a round at school.
                  sigpic

Comment

Am I the only one to feel horribly annoyed about a single thing in this episode?
                    Why, oh why would they bury the gate? It makes no sense, it's stupid, it's ridiculous, it defies all sense.

Here's a civilization more advanced than Earth, with a power source dangling from the roof (not to mention the damn thing has been working (nearly) flawlessly for at least 11 millenia. And the ability to build Androids, how can you give that up? A disintegration ray?

So much they could use against the Goa'Ould!

Or is it just me?

Note: Yes, I was so annoyed I searched for the forum and created this account to complain....

Comment

I found that kind of strange too. YES it was wrong of harlan to 'capture them, and copy them' without their ok, but when you are alone with little hope, somtimes you do desperate things. And i also feel we could have benefited more from his stuff.

Comment

Here we have highly advanced technology, and Harlan is willing to share it. Yet the SGC never takes up the offer!?
                        But it is a bit sad that (at this point in time) they have these superb android bodies, but they can't go anywhere to make use of it. And they have to give up everything about their former lives (friends, home, job etc)

Too bad they didn't send Machello to this place.

Comment

Oooo... That was an interesting thought that MIGHT have made a difference... perhaps if they had the ability back then, to put someonein 'stasis' they could have done so with michaello before he passed, and it would have lasted long enough for them to get him to Harlans planet.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Oooo... That was an interesting thought that MIGHT have made a difference... perhaps if they had the ability back then, to put someonein 'stasis' they could have done so with michaello before he passed, and it would have lasted long enough for them to get him to Harlans planet.
                            Harlan may be misguided and thoughtless, but he's a sweet guy. I don't think he deserves to get stuck with Machello. Machello would probably bully him.
                            sigpic

Comment

True.. But who knows what other gou;ald killing tech he could have come up with. Heck what about the rest of his stuff we got... Other than that one ep where those bodies were found in that one chamber, we never heard of them again..

Comment

I like this one! very cool sci-fi. WOnder if we will see more of thier doubles in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X