• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tin Man (118)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 118

When SG-1 visits the underground warehouse of an advanced alien civilization, the area's caretaker transplants their minds into robotic duplicates -- a "gift" of immortality.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 10:46 PM.

SG-1 getting transformed into those "synthetics"... Nice plot device. However the truth of the sitution makes the episode much better.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

And the follow-up to it was good idea as well, I thought. It's always nice to see something revisited, even if the ending was perhaps not quite as good as it could have been.
      sum ergo cogitum
      I am therefore I think.

Comment

Did anyone else catch the little "possible" flaw in the "Tin Man" episode? It was something the "real" Jack said towards the end.
        SG-1 Dreamer

Comment

Originally posted by Leanna
          Did anyone else catch the little "possible" flaw in the "Tin Man" episode? It was something the "real" Jack said towards the end.
          Okay, I give, what are you talking about?
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Yah, i'm wondering the same thing... Plz tell
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I found this episode very disturbing and sad. I can barely watch it. First, to hear Robot!Jack realise that they could never go back. To know that no matter what might have happened to his counterpart, Robot!Daniel had no hope of ever reuniting with Sha're. Robot!Teal'c would never see his family. Robot!Sam would never see Jacob. And, the worst thing was, they knew what they were missing. It was just too painful to watch.
              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Yah, it was tear-jerking, one of those moments where u have to change the channel
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I did enjoy the place where the first synthetic Teal'c broke down. Two minds in one body..
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

You know, I loved the advantages they had. Increased strength, stamina, and the like. Loved when Jake jumped down several floors taking a shortcut.

Comment

imho..it was a kinda wierd ep for stargate...but it was something different, refreshing , and yes depressing...the follo up was alos kinda wierd but still good... i liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanna
                        No, what?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                          I found this episode very disturbing and sad. I can barely watch it. First, to hear Robot!Jack realise that they could never go back. To know that no matter what might have happened to his counterpart, Robot!Daniel had no hope of ever reuniting with Sha're. Robot!Teal'c would never see his family. Robot!Sam would never see Jacob. And, the worst thing was, they knew what they were missing. It was just too painful to watch.
                          I feel very much the same way, about this episode,Dani !
                          I have to admit,I found Harlan annoying at first,til I realised how lonely his life alone must have been. As for the Robot SG-1,I felt real sympathy for their plight.

I treasure the funnier bits,otherwise I'd never watch this episode again !
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I like how this story arc continues... and the robots try to fight the Goa'uld.

Comment

Harlan reminds me of Urgo... meaning they both annoy me.

Comment

Working...
                              X