Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tin Man (118)

Default Re: Tin Man (118)

Comtryaa, he is soo funy. Though, i realy dont like smart O'Neill, hes better stupid. Good Ep

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Cool Re: Tin Man (118)

I liked the all of the plot twists in this eposodes. It was intresting watching how each reacted to thier "twin robot selves."
    ABYDOSCITY2

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Unhappy Re: Tin Man (118)

Quote Originally Posted by Major Fischer
    Still a bit flat at this point, and handled much better later when
    Spoiler:
    the robot doubles appeared again at the end of season four. The emotions of it, and the fact that they couldn't stop being themselves, was really nicely done.
    Yeah, nicely put.

Sort of gives a sad new meaning to "you can't go home again".

Ouch.

Chief Master Sergeant

A wonderful episode from back when Stargate didn't mind being emotionally affecting and somewhat disturbing (particularly in the Terminatoresque infirmary scene). What was particularly fascinating (and devastating) was the application to the ethics of cloning without actually trying to make that point in a heavy-handed manner (like Star Trek would try to do). Probably the best use of the abandoned power plant set in the series. An episode where there are no easy answers and SG-1 can do nothing but proceed with their lives.

What was that greet that Harlan always said combya?No that wasn't it,was it?
    Lord Zedd

Captain Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman's Avatar

I loved this episode, it's one of my favorites. When they realized they were robots and then that they were actually copies...
    I cried for the synthetics, I mean, they are in practically every way SG-1 and they were stuck in that crumbling down factory with Harlan... Great episode and I also love what they did in the follow up too. I wonder if Robot!Sam and Robot!Jack became closer since they weren't really USAF anymore...

Oh, and it's Komtraya

I love also how they keep saying "Bet-ter" with the hand gesture and all. It was silly.
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

I liked this ep a lot! It was really different, and I was sure that we weren't going to see the robots again. I was so happy when "Double Jeopardy" aired (or I read the transcript; I don't remember which) and then I was REALLY ticked when all the robots DIED. I mean, what's with that? Although I suppose that the robots needed to be reintroduced to sate people like myself, and did any of us really think that the synthetics would be able to keep away from the 'gate? Would you be able to? And once we found that they gallivanting around the galaxy, what would we do? Pat them on the backs and tell them to keep up the good work? I just don't see that working.

So basically, it was a no-win situation no matter how you look like it.

I found the Harlan guy cool.Comtraya !! Poor doubles that they can't go anywhere.Ahwell we'll see them in Season 3 or 4 again
    Lord Zedd

this episode really bored me. I found the whole thing annoying and tiring.

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

I didn't mind this episode. Harlan was quite cool I Prefered the season 4 episode featuring them though.

yeh same here, i liked it cos we finally got to see some action with cronus's force!

two days ago you said that it was boring make up your mind just kidding
    Lord Zedd

lol read my post. I thought tin man was boring but I thought the one in season 4 was good.

lol dont remember em going up against cronus in tin man!

my mistake if it weren't for tin men we wouldn't have seen the way double yeapordy was filmed
    Lord Zedd

Quote Originally Posted by .:Lemon:.
    I didn't mind this episode. Harlan was quite cool I Prefered the season 4 episode featuring them though.
    Definitley!

This is one of my favorite episodes, as you can see by my choice of avatars, but my reasoning is simple: Harlans race wasn't originally from Earth.

Harlan said that "Hubbult" was the leader and creator of the complex he maintained, but he died 11,000 years ago. That seems to indicate that Harlan is older than that.
    Since we know Ra discovered Earth about 10,000 years ago, Harlans race couldn't have been transplanted there by the Goa'uld. That makes his race an enigma, unless you've seen the future episodes.
    Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

That's if Harlan was human--he looked human, but that doesn't mean he was. Maybe he was some sort of twistedly freakish Ancient.

Look, it's possible!

relaxing on a certain dock near a certain cabin...

Got to go with Uncle Dick's post on this one. First thought was - OMG, they’re actually showing Jack doing that to his ‘arm.’ (Second thought was - cool SFX….)

But I agree with Dani & FHB, that there was sadness, because they robot/clone team would deeply miss everything they had experienced up to that point (family/friends/lifestyle). It was interesting because it was almost like an AU kind of thing with the robot/clone team having shared memories up to that point with the ‘real’ team, but then their memories/consciousness would branch into a different directions as a result of their own new and separate experiences.....

Overall a pretty good ep.
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

At first i thought it would be real cool to be synthensized. All the extra strength and brain power. Only bad about it i that you cant leave the complex, i would do like the others and kill myself.

Chief Master Sergeant OrangeShipper's Avatar

Komtraya!!!
    I LOVE this episode! I guess I like heart-rending things, but seriously I thought it was funny! I love Harlan, hes hilarious, I love the way Robot SG-1 reacts to real SG-1 (Carters babbling science, 2 Jacks what more could I say?!) too.
    I think that also, like Window of Oppurtunity, it's great that they can balance humour with sadness hand in hand in the same episode.

I love it!!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast