Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    variety is the spice of destruction
    something like that .. variety in the drones size, functions, etc. help them offensively and defensively. They weren't designed to be different at random, there was a purpose or reason to it which enables the whole cluster to work together to succeed at the task...destruction

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    Really? If I need 10 dish washers to wash my dishes, and washing my dishes is the only purpose it serves, why would I make them in different sizes? You don't make different ones just for fun.

It kind of sounded like you were post something that sounded smart, but really wasn't, and didn't like being called on it.
    You are correct, if you needed 10 dishwashers you would not make and use different sized ones... UNLESS... doing so offered some benefit to yourself or the dishwashers. Like for example if smaller ones used less water and power and you only had enough dishes to fill maybe half of the 10 washers then you would start filling the smaller ones first making them take on the majority of the work in order to minimize your power and water usage and save money. Or if the smaller ones by some design feature were more durable and less prone to breakdown then you would use them more frequently then the larger ones (saving the large ones for use when you really need them) thereby minimizing wear and tear to their mechanical parts.

Comment

Why wouldn't you just use a lot of small dishwashers, if they're superior in all aspects except capacity? It doesn't really explain why it'd be better to have different sizes.

I now do see the point you tried to make in your other post and can agree. I just think you didn't present it well enough at first.

Comment

Why wouldn't you just use a lot of small dishwashers, if they're superior in all aspects except capacity? It doesn't really explain why it'd be better to have different sizes.
        more like, the bigger ones are more efficient but the smaller ones are faster. hence, big washes are done by the big ones and when you need something clean quick, you use a small one.

i'll use inverse logic:

if there are multiple drone types, those drone types have a use, otherwise there wouldn't be different drone sizes.

we don't KNOW the reason but there is one otherwise there wouldn't be different types

Comment

Working...
        X