Why the different sizes of drones??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the different sizes of drones??

Anyone know or can hypothesize why the drones had at least 3 sizes and shapes??

For targeting fighters, transports, and command ships, would be my guess.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Anyone know or can hypothesize why the drones had at least 3 sizes and shapes??
      For variety? So that we could have one what would fit at the back of the shuttle? Whatever's the reason, I like 'em.
      sigpic

Comment

maybe the drones in the graveyard are an older model and they make them bigger now?
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

The small ones are the babies?

Ok, that's not going to work as an explanation, but I did think "Look, a cute small one!"
          sigpic
          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
            The small ones are the babies?
            sigpic

Comment

My guesses, the command ship carries attack drones. Attack drone carry at least a couple of small drone to attack the target ship interior.

Comment

The real design reason might be so that one would fit in the shuttle, but it could be done for a variety of reasons. Perhaps this way the command ships can fit more drones into all the little nooks and crannies, and smaller ones could be harder to hit but don't hit as hard as the bigger ones.

I find it a nice touch, no more single-size ships!

Comment

The Goa'uld had many different sized ships, the ancients had a few, we have a couple. Every one does. You need some for heavier fire power, some for maneuverability. But yes, I guess it is so one would be cute and and fit in the back of a shuttle.

Comment

I meant ships of the same design, but different sizes. The Goa'uld didn't have big and small ha'taks and such, they had different types of ships entirely with all their respective sizes. These drones all have the same design except the command ship, but these drones are of different sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
                      I meant ships of the same design, but different sizes. The Goa'uld didn't have big and small ha'taks and such, they had different types of ships entirely with all their respective sizes. These drones all have the same design except the command ship, but these drones are of different sizes.
                      Nah, I could swear they had different looks as well.
                      sigpic

Comment

my guess is that they each have a different function. like some are for defensive purposes while others are for attacking.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                          my guess is that they each have a different function. like some are for defensive purposes while others are for attacking.
                          According to Rush they had had one goal - find alien technology and destroy it. Doesn't sound very defensive. Although it's unclear how Rush knows (unless the Ursini told more about 'em).
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                            According to Rush they had had one goal - find alien technology and destroy it. Doesn't sound very defensive. Although it's unclear how Rush knows (unless the Ursini told more about 'em).
                            I think it is always safe to assume that a lot of what Rush said is a very well informed guess. He just assumes it is what they are for, but given his intellect, it is a safe guess, though could always be wrong. Just because they are trying to destroy tech doesn't mean they can't be defensive. They can't attack without defending their mother ship, so some have to be for defense really, to a degree.

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
                              Pretty sure they were of different designs.

Comment

Working...
                              X