Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favourite Moments/Quotes/Trans-Universal Alien Electric Boogaloo from 'Deliverance'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked where the 2nd command ship drops out of hyperspace and the drones just begin pouring out of it. It's a very effective carrier system, and a very effective defense system overall. Considering the drone activity being defensive, I wonder if Destiny is now actually close to the homeworld of the aliens who made the drones. That would be a pretty cool stop off.

I liked Rush's dialogue episode. It seems he is applying himself to a new tactic of getting what he wants out of the crew. His concern for Chloe did seem genuine.

Park is super cute. 'nuff said.

I also like the scene where Destiny jumps on low shield power. It reminded me a bit of the drama when submariners dive their boat right up to or past its specified operating depth. In that case as with the Destiny, the crew's lives rest in the little bit of overcompensation left by the engineers.

Loved the tension of going into FTL with shields at lowest possible power. I found myself shouting "come on Destiny" at the screen!
    lol yeah, I was jokingly thinking to myself "come on girl, you can do it...". Scenes like this build a nice relationship between the audience and something inanimate like a ship. Firefly used to do that very effectively, letting Serenity really take on a personality where is could seem to do more than a machine could be expected to do for the sake of its crew. So far, everyone besides Rush I think only considered Destiny as a tool, or a prison in space. Hopefully this will build a more tangible on screen affinity between humans and Destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoi McKay View Post
      LOL moment...

Opening recap montage....

Young: I killed Riley. I suffocated him with my own hands.
      Scott: You are a good commander.
      i must have missed that lol.
      sigpic

Comment

Yay, transcript is available.

Wray: Still, if I didn't know any better, it almost looks like you're willing to put the ship and the mission at risk for the sake of one individual.
        Rush: Well, that's the problem, isn't it? You don't know any better.

Chloe: This is my moment, OK? Don't contradict me.

Eli: Wow. That was almost nice.
        Rush: Nah, they were just gonna get in the way. Let's get down to some real work.

Scott: Shoot. I don't know, maybe you're reading this. I'm in some kind of hangar bay. They could be blocking the signal. Uh, the aliens took Chloe ... Jesus, only a few minutes ago. It feels like it was hours. I don't know, I guess there's no way of knowing how long this is gonna take. I-I'm not leaving without her. I just, uh ... I don't know, I ... I just hope she's gonna be OK.

Rush: So, what, if we manage to power up this drone and it starts opening fire, d'you think there's anything you can do to stop it?!
        Greer: I'm sure as hell gonna try.

Park: FTL in three ... two ...one.

Rush: Everyone on this ship is useful, not just those that are capable of F.T.L. calculations. We all belong here.
        Chloe: D'you really believe that?
        Rush: More and more every day.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          Rush: Well, that's the problem, isn't it? You don't know any better.

Rush: More and more every day.
          Ah, yeah, loved those! I think that's great about SGU. In the span of one and a half seasons the characters have changed immensely but logically and gradually, whereas they were still pretty much the same after the entire showrun in SG-1 and SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
            Reminded me of how the Loki suspended people in Fragile Balance.
            It did kinda remind me of loki.. but where were those 'blue' orbs??

Comment

Working...
            X