Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favourite Moments/Quotes/Trans-Universal Alien Electric Boogaloo from 'Deliverance'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Moments/Quotes/Trans-Universal Alien Electric Boogaloo from 'Deliverance'

Yeah, a day late, but whatevs. Here's to Eggleh for reminding me.

So uhh... Y'all should know the drill: post your favourite moment, quote, or whatever from the episode Deliverance right here. Try not to derail, and yes I'm aware of the irony of me saying that. So!

Moments:
    - The Ursini going all kamikaze. First non-dick alien race we've encountered in SGU! Props to them then. Shame we had to lose the Seed Ship, but I'm not surprised. In the slightest. Another one for the Stargate Ship Kill Count. I think Mallozzi's been responsible for like twenty of them. That's gotta be worth a medal.

- The new opening crawl. Scenes cut nicely with the background radiation thing. Always loved Eli's anguished "You've had control of this ship the WHOLE TIME?" to Rush from weeks back. Now I get to see it every week! Yay! ... I mean, every week for the next nine weeks. Yay...

- The crew council scene, if only because A, everyone's working together - even Rush, B, Brody and Volker were there. Seats at the grown-ups table.

- Park getting suited up. Good for her.

Quotes:
    Quote of the day goes to Rush, after telling Brody and Volker that they're his best men to go fix the shields or whatever.
    Eli: "Wow, that was almost... nice?"
    Rush: "Nah, they were just going to get in the way."

Chloe to Scott: "This is my moment... Don't contradict me."
    (You go girl)

Witty Random Thing: I'm tired. Eggleh, I'll let you think of one for me.

Okay, favourite Trans-Universal Alien Electric Boogaloo. In MattSilverish, that basically translates to: favourite alien race of the episode - Blues, Ursini, Drones or the awesomely *******-y guys who made the Drones and let them run free? I'll give my prize to the Ursini this week. In Memoriam.
    Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 09 March 2011, 01:41 AM.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    - The new opening crawl. Scenes cut nicely with the background radiation thing. Always loved Eli's anguished "You've had control of this ship the WHOLE TIME?" to Rush from weeks back. Now I get to see it every week! Yay! ... I mean, every week for the next nine weeks. Yay...
    Ooh, me likey that one too. Could be my fav from all 4 versions.

Witty Random Thing: I'm tired. Eggleh, think of one for me.
    'Alien race'? Not witty and not random, but it was so much fun to see us, the Ursini, the Blues and the drones fighting and going all pew pew on each other.

Also liked the scene with Scott in the shuttle, waiting for Chloe. It was put together very nicely.
    sigpic

Comment

Okay, favourite Trans-Universal Alien Electric Boogaloo. In MattSilverish, that basically translates to: favourite alien race of the episode - Blues, Ursini, Drones or the awesomely *******-y guys who made the Drones and let them run free? I'll give my prize to the Ursini this week. In Memoriam.
      Approved.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
        Approved.
        *Salutes* Ma'am.

I think I'll also add how I'm happy Telford survived. Honestly, didn't see it coming, even when the Ursini went kaboom. Thought he'd end up somewhere else, but nope! Don't mind though.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

- The blue ships arriving.. and 2 of the getting destroyed after a short battle. They come all the way across the void ( I honestly can't believe they were fast enough for that. It took them 3 weeks before they reached them when they were stranded at the edge of the void ) and then lose 2/3 of the ships they sent. Lol. These might even be their only ships. We never saw more than 3.

- learning the Ursini colony was destroyed. Poor guys. I do think this was a lost oppertunity to create a very dramatic effect though. They could've been present when the/a Ursini tried sending a signal and then.. with very dramatic music and looks of shock, horror and suprise when they get some machine language back, dramatic music continueing anddddd fade-out for commercial.

- The blue alien ship sneaking up on the shuttle going "boo".

"No escape"

- Park in the suit. It 'suits' her.

- Sending Chloe off the ship ( well done, well scored ) and bringing her to the alien ship, saying goodbye to Scott and turning her over to the aliens. Very well done, the plot is pretty simple if you describe it but they executed it in such a way that I found it very compelling and interesting to watch. Go blue aliens!

- The blue alien treatment stuff. Creepy..

- second command ship arriving and 100's of drones coming off.

- Ursini sacrifice, made me very sad

Comment

Quotes:
            Quote of the day goes to Rush, after telling Brody and Volker that they're his best men to go fix the shields or whatever.
            Eli: "Wow, that was almost... nice?"
            You forgt the end of that
            "Now the real work can be done"..

Comment

Rush: "You're not the only one whos gone through changes."

(Something like that anyways)
              Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
              ---
              sigpic

Comment

One of my favorite moments: Greer locked, loaded, and ready to scrag that drone. Even though his weapon may not have been up to the task, Greer was. His usual badassery needs recognition.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
                  - second command ship arriving and 100's of drones coming off.
                  Oh yeah, forgot to mention that one.
                  sigpic

Comment

my fave things about this episode all involve the crew interactions
                    Young in command, everyone doing what needed to be done

and Park. Park is just hot
                    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I just loved the Drone Carriers... even thou they feel like the Cylon's retarded cousins.

Comment

i liked:

rush and eli working together. especially the lines:
                        "Wow, that was almost... nice?"

and i liked the part when geer was like you should turn that off (refereing to the drone) and eli was just like "oh yeah" (or what ever he says).

the battles were pretty well done, as was the part where they gave up chloe.
                        sigpic

Comment

Even though it was a typical FTL scene, when Destiny jumped with only 5% shields, i thought that it was a bit more dramatic than usual... well, of course the shaking and lights flickering helped but... i dunno.. it's kinda hard to explain but it was really cooler than normal!!

Comment

i loved that jump,
                            Park was genuinely scared of engaging the FTL. it wasn't a "heck we do it anyways". it was clear that this was a risk. a big one

Comment

Telford's reaction when he hears that the Ursini ship is destroyed, he seems to be really affected by their death.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X