No announcement yet.

No Threads? Not a good sign!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They keep changing the frakin'(sorry) nights up on me! I knew that it was starting back up this week, but last night(Tuesday night) I turned to SyFy a little before 8:00 CST getting ready to watch the mid season premiere of Stargate Universe, and I was all excited about it, and they were showing some frakin'(sorry) movie! I came to this forum last night to discover that it was shown the night before! I was so pissed-I feel kind of bad because I was so pissed that I think that I put some of it out on my wife, but I never told her why I was upset. I just feel like SyFy is purposely screwing up this show!
    Stratification?

Comment

Spoiler'd for size:

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by Paladine View Post
      It was a pretty bad episode. I almost missed it since I watch wrestling on mondays, and after watching the show I wasn't too thrilled.
      Well at least you like SGU enough to quell your wrestling appetites.

Another episode with no stargate use. Another episode with lame blue aliens. I know why they brought them back was to clean up all the subplots before the series ends. They left those aliens in another galaxy. Whats next? Another episode to clean up the faith planet aliens subplot? Is it neccessary?
      After the setup from the previous episode, did you really expect to see the gate in this one? This episode was obviously not going to have much to do with the gate.

As for the Blues, Chloe is changing so they were obviously, again, going to make a comeback. I don't really think the Blues themselves are lame, just the way they've been presented. We finally get a chance to have a villain that doesn't spout his/her mouth off, nor have a god complex, and isn't a machine and we've only seen about 10 minutes of screen-time with them.

Just get to main plot already. We only have 9 episodes left. Focus on the big picture and leave the old subplots alone. Lets see this background source stuff and get some resolution to this story.
      These last 10 episodes were cut and finished before SGU got the axe. Hate to break it to you, but the series ends on a cliffhanger. This is common knowledge, even for people like me avoiding spoilers, at this point.

Also the villians we're drone ships controlled by a command ship. How exciting. Lets get a real villian. Who made the command ship? Lets have those aliens show up! Have them be led by some crazy megalomanic leader who gets some good lines.
      I wouldn't say the drones were villians, per say, but merely just obstacles. Think of Seth from SG-1. Bad guy? Yes. Important enough to warrant more than a small story arc? No.

While I agree that meeting the race who built the drones would be very exciting, let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's too early to encounter them just yet. Keep in mind, TPTB didn't know this would be one of the last episodes.

As for the stereotypical megalomaniac evil genius with witty one-liners? I'll disagree with you here. He's not needed.

In SGU we had Aphopis and then Baal... and then in Atlantis we had Michael and Todd. Just great characters that created some exciting tension with our heroes.
      Again, this isn't SG-1 or SGA. This is SGU. It doesn't follow the formula of it's predecessors, and it doesn't need to, so not having a main bad guy is sort of a good thing.

This show they give us blue aliens who can't talk and drones. The Lucian alliance villians attack was probably the first exciting villian characters yet and that was resolved too fast.
      I find the silent enemy more intimidating than the talkative one. For example, unlike Ba'al we have no idea what the Blues want or how they intend to get it. With Ba'al, he practically hands us is weekly itinerary.

As for the Lucian Alliance, the immediate threat to Destiny has been resolved, yes, but, there is still the attack on Earth. You can bet, or at least safely assume, that'll lead to the public disclosure of the Stargate (depending on what kind of attack it is of course).

I still like the show, but wish they would go with what works. Shows like these need a good villian type. Rush doesn't have much left in the tank to be a villian, so an outside threat needs to show up.
      Again, I think that you're in the mindset that each episode is made on a shoot-and-show basis, and it's not. These episodes were finished a long time ago. These things do work...for a five season story arc. Unfortunately, we'll never see the whole thing.

And please, just because I disagree with you on almost all of your opinions, don't accuse me of trolling. Because I'm not.
      sigpic
      ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Not a good sign of what? We already knew the series was cancelled. Which is probably why their is so little forum activity
        Not a good sign for Gateworld
        Not a good sign for any company considering investing any money in Stargate projects
        Not a good sign for any fan wanting future Stargate projects
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Not a good sign for Gateworld
          Not a good sign for any company considering investing any money in Stargate projects
          Not a good sign for any fan wanting future Stargate projects
          All of which their is no proof of. A forum of one site is not accurate for future prospects. Too many times has it been proven fandom does not corrleate with the real world status of TV shows
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

It was a pretty bad episode. I almost missed it since I watch wrestling on mondays, and after watching the show I wasn't too thrilled.
            Well I've got to disagree with you about liking wrestling (not sure how people watch that stuff), but as far as your opinion of SGU, I'll agree with being "not too thrilled".
            Another episode with no stargate use. Another episode with lame blue aliens. I know why they brought them back was to clean up all the subplots before the series ends. They left those aliens in another galaxy. Whats next? Another episode to clean up the faith planet aliens subplot? Is it neccessary?
            I wish they would use the stargate more. Maybe to at least drop people (who were unnecessary to the ship's survival) off on an unpopulated planet as a temporary Alpha site in case the final battle didn't go well? IDK. And the Blue aliens... they just aren't intriguing to me. I thought we left them behind- and here they show up, act threatening, then just leave us alone (at least for the time being)? I think they need a face, or some kind of background, or SOMETHING to make them a little more interesting.

Just get to main plot already. We only have 9 episodes left. Focus on the big picture and leave the old subplots alone. Lets see this background source stuff and get some resolution to this story.
            Yeah, it would be nice, wouldn't it? But as others above me have said, these next 9 episodes were shot several months back.

Also the villians we're drone ships controlled by a command ship. How exciting. Lets get a real villian. Who made the command ship? Lets have those aliens show up! Have them be led by some crazy megalomanic leader who gets some good lines.

In SGU we had Aphopis and then Baal... and then in Atlantis we had Michael and Todd. Just great characters that created some exciting tension with our heroes.
            Don't know if I agree with this one- the replicators were pretty good, scary (in the sense that they were an unrelenting wave that just kept coming and coming) enemies without any human-forms leading them.

This show they give us blue aliens who can't talk and drones. The Lucian alliance villians attack was probably the first exciting villian characters yet and that was resolved too fast.
            I also wish they had let the Lucian alliance threat stay there- maybe in power for a few episodes.

I still like the show, but wish they would go with what works. Shows like these need a good villian type. Rush doesn't have much left in the tank to be a villian, so an outside threat needs to show up.
            I don't think they need an actual villian at the moment- maybe more of just a natural situation that they have to constantly fight against- i.e. the ship falling apart.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

In SGU we had Aphopis and then Baal...
              Freudian slip?

This means subconsciously you love SGU as much as SG-1 .

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                All of which their is no proof of. A forum of one site is not accurate for future prospects. Too many times has it been proven fandom does not corrleate with the real world status of TV shows
                Keep that head in the sand mate.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  Keep that head in the sand mate.
                  Show me some proof besides wild speculation and I will take it with less skepeticism
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

The fact many Stargate fans arent even on GW and the small number that are, are starting to loose interest?

N.C

Comment

And i also like WWE raw..

Comment

Working...
                      X