No Threads? Not a good sign!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Threads? Not a good sign!

Usually i come here and there are a dozen or so threads the next day, is this a bad sign for the Series? Or did no one know about the Monday night switch?

I liked the Episode for the most part. Favorite part was "you don't have 5 minutes" ha
    67 point(s) total!!!!

I agree I was surprised as well to see so few threads, however I usually have something to ask or discuss but I didn't find that so much this episode. Mostly everything was explained pretty well and loose ends were tied up and completed from the previous episode.

Comment

same here! everything was tied up so well there really wasn't all that much to discuss! although, i like to constantly bring up the fact that Park in a space suit turned me on. think i have a problem? haha

Comment

Not a good sign of what? We already knew the series was cancelled. Which is probably why their is so little forum activity
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

It was a pretty bad episode. I almost missed it since I watch wrestling on mondays, and after watching the show I wasn't too thrilled.

Another episode with no stargate use. Another episode with lame blue aliens. I know why they brought them back was to clean up all the subplots before the series ends. They left those aliens in another galaxy. Whats next? Another episode to clean up the faith planet aliens subplot? Is it neccessary?

Just get to main plot already. We only have 9 episodes left. Focus on the big picture and leave the old subplots alone. Lets see this background source stuff and get some resolution to this story.

Also the villians we're drone ships controlled by a command ship. How exciting. Lets get a real villian. Who made the command ship? Lets have those aliens show up! Have them be led by some crazy megalomanic leader who gets some good lines.

In SGU we had Aphopis and then Baal... and then in Atlantis we had Michael and Todd. Just great characters that created some exciting tension with our heroes.

This show they give us blue aliens who can't talk and drones. The Lucian alliance villians attack was probably the first exciting villian characters yet and that was resolved too fast.

I still like the show, but wish they would go with what works. Shows like these need a good villian type. Rush doesn't have much left in the tank to be a villian, so an outside threat needs to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Paladine View Post
            It was a pretty bad episode. I almost missed it since I watch wrestling on mondays, and after watching the show I wasn't too thrilled.

Another episode with no stargate use. Another episode with lame blue aliens. I know why they brought them back was to clean up all the subplots before the series ends. They left those aliens in another galaxy. Whats next? Another episode to clean up the faith planet aliens subplot? Is it neccessary?

Just get to main plot already. We only have 9 episodes left. Focus on the big picture and leave the old subplots alone. Lets see this background source stuff and get some resolution to this story.

Also the villians we're drone ships controlled by a command ship. How exciting. Lets get a real villian. Who made the command ship? Lets have those aliens show up! Have them be led by some crazy megalomanic leader who gets some good lines.

In SGU we had Aphopis and then Baal... and then in Atlantis we had Michael and Todd. Just great characters that created some exciting tension with our heroes.

This show they give us blue aliens who can't talk and drones. The Lucian alliance villians attack was probably the first exciting villian characters yet and that was resolved too fast.

I still like the show, but wish they would go with what works. Shows like these need a good villian type. Rush doesn't have much left in the tank to be a villian, so an outside threat needs to show up.
            Hey guy, we have a thread to talk about the episode. It's not this one.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I joined GW sometime just after (or maybe it was just before?) the series finale of Stargate Atlantis and I was surprised to see fellow Stargate fans talking about Stargate. But with the long gap between SGA and SGU the activity on the forums seemed to decrease gradually then SGU came around and the forum exploded more like what I first saw when I came here, but then it grew quiet pretty quickly I thought.

I don't find GW to be as active as it once was. I could be wrong but I blame growing divisions of many variations among fans, not SGU's cancellation.

Comment

Uhm, if memory serves all of these episodes were either in the can or mostly shot and edited by the time the announcement was made to cancel SGU.

regards,
                G.
                Go for Marty...

Comment

So quit complaining and go watch wrestling.

Comment

Or you go watch something else. This is a forum for discussion of the show. I discussed what I disliked about this particular episode. You attempt to troll me. You lose.

Comment

Ryan forgot to make Fav Quotes thread with a witty and random title.
                      sigpic

Comment

How exactly were you expecting them to use the Stargate in this episode? You knew going in what situation they were in.

Also, if you're going to post things like this and accuse others of trolling you, at least bother to be up-to-date on the facts: all ten of these episodes were shot before the show was canceled, the season ends on a cliffhanger.

See above. There will be no resolution whatsoever.

Seriously? Your idea of a good villain is a crazy megalomanic leader who shoots off one-liners?

Some of the greatest SciFi/Fantasy villains of all-time have been low on talking and high on mystery: HAL, the Borg (TNG version), Sauron, Roy Batty, the Shadows/Vorlons (Babylon 5), the Reavers (Firefly), Cylons (centurions/raiders), on and on the list goes. Hell, even the first two Terminators qualify.

Even within the Stargate universe itself, you have the Replicators, Ori, and Anubis as quiet/mysterious villains or outright machines.

Comment

I guess I just didn't care enough about the episode to really post anything?

The entire chloe thread was stupid as the day is long... an alien race which has changed one of your people into a sleeper agent which you didn't discover for weeks until her body changed and now knows about the ship and its "code" you give to the same aliens to "Fix" in a deal and once she comes back you belive her and just "put her under observation" to make sure she's really her... even though she's tricked you now multiple times under the same aliens effects.

The "new shuttle" survives because it has "full shields" yet destiny a massive ship with a massive engine and massive shields gets torn apart by the drones the first time around.

They crack the "machine code" and figure out how to label their own machines as the enemy in like, 10 minutes.

The ersini which might of been a good ally or atleast given us some story for where we are suicide off... yea... thanks for the complete waste. Glad to see these "big arcs" keep going on... 3 episodes even...

It's just getting old. You stop caring anymore and just say "meh, 9 more left, let's see if it gets any worse."

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by timmciglobal View Post
                            You stop caring anymore and just say "meh, 9 more left, let's see if it gets any worse."
                            No, I've never stopped caring. Don't know who you're talking about.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                              No, I've never stopped caring. Don't know who you're talking about.
                              The Russians. He's talking about the Russians. Buggers gave up immediately.
                              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Working...
                              X