Blue Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Guys

I don't understand. The aliens wouldn't let the shuttle go because they didn't trust the humans. But then.... they trusted the humans and let the shuttle go. Trusting they'd bring Chloe back. Am I missing something? If the humans were untrustworthy...what is the difference? Why did they *have to* bring Chloe back?

If this is just some random misunderstanding, then I will expand the question to: Are you in line with the theory that the blue aliens simply want destiny? It seems like they would have been able to take it by now, if that was their only motivation.

P.S. I'm so happy SGU is back. So so so so happy.
    sigpic
    Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
    O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
    Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
    O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

I don't think trust was the issue. I think they used the shuttle to bargain with, Scott and co. were hostages.

Comment

i think they were saying that they wouldn't let them go until they gave up chloe. and since they said okay we'll do it, if you let the shuttle go. which they did. though i was suprised that they actually gave chloe back, i thought scott was going to get a message to leave or they will kill her or something along those lines.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't think they'd give her back in good faith either. I think they've adjusted her body, or whatever they did to her. I don't think this is the last we'll see of her changes.

Comment

I damn hope it not the last of the changes we will see in her.

Comment

I may be missing something. But the shuttle was the 'hostage'. On the shuttle were Scott, Greer, and Park. They were the hostages, with the shuttle itself.

.....and then all of a sudden the shuttle went back to get Chloe. What returned to the the blue alien ship was *only* Lt. Scott and Chloe. You don't let all your hostages go, hoping that someone will return with some concessions.

WHY would the aliens trust that they would bring Chloe back? If destiny didn't send Chloe back, what would they have done about it? There is nothing they could have done, as far as I can see!!

And by the way, regarding some later comments, I really think that the Chloe
            Spoiler:
            returned to the destiny is some kind of clone. Where did all the blue veins go? Where did the afraid, tortured (needle above chest!) Chloe go off to? She wouldn't have just been so ....fine...holding Lt. Scott's hand and everything. She would have been PTSD again, and for GOOD reason.

The Shuttle had to be let go in the first place to go get Chloe. What was the collateral when the shuttle was let go?
            sigpic
            Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
            O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
            Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
            O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

SPOILERS!

http://www.tv.com/stargate-universe/...ge_nav;episode

Spoiler:
              Hope
              While Johansen tries to deal with a mysterious illness affecting Dr. Volker, Chloe's body finally falls under the sway of the alien pathogen.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikec3 View Post
                SPOILERS!

http://www.tv.com/stargate-universe/...ge_nav;episode

Spoiler:
                Hope
                While Johansen tries to deal with a mysterious illness affecting Dr. Volker, Chloe's body finally falls under the sway of the alien pathogen.
                Crap. Wish I hadn't read that.
                sigpic

Comment

I want to, but I don't want to want to.

Comment

I don't think they'd give her back in good faith either. I think they've adjusted her body, or whatever they did to her. I don't think this is the last we'll see of her changes.
                    I have a theory that her mental changes are completely unrelated to her physical changes, which may have been caused by accident. For starters, that would explain why the aliens were so willing to "cure" her. It would also explain why she's still smart. Another possibility is that the Blues simply knew how to "cure" her, being a lot more advanced than we are. I'm still unwilling to accept it is them that did it to her. She knows WAY too much about the Destiny's systems, and when she sent out the signal to the Blues it seemed more like she did it as a last resort.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                      I want to, but I don't want to want to.

If you haven't already, then don't.
                      sigpic

Comment

I haven't

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                          I haven't
                          I did. Imma dumbo.

Comment

well the Blues could've tried to fire on us. i bet that with the state of the ship, those big blasts would've done quite a bit of harm

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              well the Blues could've tried to fire on us. i bet that with the state of the ship, those big blasts would've done quite a bit of harm
                              Indeed, I think the Blues knew Destiny couldn't go any where for the time being. So they didn't need to have hostages IMO, the Blues ship looked like it wasn't damaged at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X