No announcement yet.

Drone tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not necessarily. It could just imply that the Ursini homeworld had very recently been found, due to some energy burst or message sent to the wrong place, or any other sign of technology for that matter. Then the drones went and killed them.
    An Axe age, A Sword age, Shields are sundered,
    A Wind age, A Wolf age, Ere the World falls,
    And no Man shall spare Another.

Driving fast has never killed anyone. Suddenly coming to a halt, that has killed many, many people

The Pope, an Irishman and an Italian are walking down a street, when one of them says "Hey look guys! A bar!"

Comment

I would liked there to have been more to them as well.. Maybe some other forms that rebuild destroyed worlds so they can make more..

Comment

Originally posted by james123182 View Post
        Not necessarily. It could just imply that the Ursini homeworld had very recently been found, due to some energy burst or message sent to the wrong place, or any other sign of technology for that matter. Then the drones went and killed them.
        But some(one/thing) responded. If they just killed everyone no-one would respond.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        I would liked there to have been more to them as well.. Maybe some other forms that rebuild destroyed worlds so they can make more..
        I think there could be quite a bit of scope for the writers to do something with this.

Comment

But some(one/thing) responded. If they just killed everyone no-one would respond.
          The drones were the ones that responded....

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            The drones were the ones that responded....
            Exactly. Meaning they had 'taken over' as opposed to just 'killed the inhabitants of' the Ursini homeworld.

Comment

It's also possible that the native communication between drones and/or command ships is what the Ursini picked up... we have no idea how their communication systems work really - it might have been like picking up a squawk on the CB - innocuous noise that to anyone else wouldn't seem like anything significant, but enough to identify to the Ursini that it's drones.

Comment

Originally posted by Railgun View Post
                Exactly. Meaning they had 'taken over' as opposed to just 'killed the inhabitants of' the Ursini homeworld.
                Given that in realistic terms, a homeworld has an extensive infrastructure and industry, it's likely the Brown homeworld is now an important production hub of the Drones.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                  There was no AI, only preprogrammed behavior. There's nothing terribly intelligent about their attacks, only basic recognition.
                  Yet the drones were able to anticipate Destinys course, blockade the stars, identify it, track it etc.

That indicates either that they are intelligent or that there is a race out there controlling them.

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
                    That indicates either that they are intelligent or that there is a race out there controlling them.
                    Either that, or they were designed to be very, very good at what they do, with minimal intervention necessary after creation. They are the ultimate weapon. They can destroy any and all potential technological threats, then presumably utilise what remains of destroyed worlds to make more of themselves, to continue their task.

When they met a ship, with highly advanced technology, that managed to take out a control ship, something which had presumably never happened before, they decided it was A) techological and therefore B ) a threat, in accordance with their design. They watched their enemy a bit, learned its weaknesses (recharging), worked out its course, and blockaded all recharge points. They acted like well designed war drones, not necessarily intelligent beings or advanced AI.
                    An Axe age, A Sword age, Shields are sundered,
                    A Wind age, A Wolf age, Ere the World falls,
                    And no Man shall spare Another.

Driving fast has never killed anyone. Suddenly coming to a halt, that has killed many, many people

The Pope, an Irishman and an Italian are walking down a street, when one of them says "Hey look guys! A bar!"

Comment

Originally posted by james123182 View Post
                      They watched their enemy a bit, learned its weaknesses (recharging), worked out its course, and blockaded all recharge points. They acted like well designed war drones, not necessarily intelligent beings or advanced AI.
                      OK let me get this straight: the drones have AI. The very definition of AI is that it's a self-learning program. Even in real life AI is everywhere. it's not capable of self-programming but it IS capable of self-optimization.

I am not sure what "advanced AI" is supposed to mean. I am not sure what "intelligent" should mean. What i can distill is this:

-The drones are capable of learning.
                      -They have not displayed an ablity to self-program, as hacking them and altering the IFF is not THAT difficult.

What the Drones are, are autonomous killing machines . They're no replicators, not by a long shot. They're simply spacecraft controlled by a computer, slave to a programm and capable of picking strategies and tactics, and altering their normal behaviour. their goal is to destroy technology not identified as their own.

That indicates either that they are intelligent or that there is a race out there controlling them
                      I am not sure what level of intelligence that displays. it seems like they monitored the planets Destiny visits, compared it to their own starcharts, discovered a common feature of all planets (since habitable probably directly equals "has gate" ), and then moved their ships there.

That's IMO nothing that requires intellect, just a good data analysis program.

Comment

Or did like many navy vessels do.. Chart out a course based on passed data and extrapolated the rest of destinies course.

Comment

Or did like many navy vessels do.. Chart out a course based on passed data and extrapolated the rest of destinies course.
                          You need the data on what makes the star systems special, because i very much doubt the gates are nicely and equally spread.

Comment

You need the data on what makes the star systems special, because i very much doubt the gates are nicely and equally spread.

Comment

Working...
                            X