Drone tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drone tech

Any one else find it interesting that the alien drones in the most recent episode had the same kind of glass chip tech like the asgard? They almost seem like a machine that was near being a true AI, other then that there hardware seemed not that advanced. and before anyone says anything about them messing up destiny, theres always strength in numbers!

Crystal technology is very, very common, no matter what shape it takes.

There was no AI, only preprogrammed behavior. There's nothing terribly intelligent about their attacks, only basic recognition.

Comment

these drones are so cool

Comment

they're awesome, yes. i like it that they're kinda like the replicators yet still something different, unique

Comment

Well, look at the crystals between a klingon ship, a federation ship, bree ship, romulan ship.. all looked very similar before they encountered one another.

Comment

Drones seem fairly simple

Comment

ya but isnt simple what every body said about every other machine? it has one basic purpose thats it then somthing goes wrong and bam replicators and cylons!

Comment

The Replicators weren't intelligent until they found the technology to create human forms. The Cylons were made to be intelligent (at least as I understand it), and if fiction has taught us anything, making machines stronger and faster than humans then letting them think is just a bad idea.

Comment

The drones are nothing compared to the beings who created them. Who exactly were they is the question.
                  sigpic

Comment

Perhaps the race who built them for what ever reason was unable to fight themselves (frail bodies/minds)..

Comment

it seemed like just very large program...as it was said..friend or foe...we can guess what happend to the builders...but I was very surprised about the size when they took one to Destiny...it seemed much bigger in space
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokage View Post
                        it seemed like just very large program...as it was said..friend or foe...we can guess what happend to the builders...but I was very surprised about the size when they took one to Destiny...it seemed much bigger in space
                        If the Destiny crew was able to reprogram a single Drone's IFF and get the others to do the same thing, the creators at one point in the distant past (since they're probably extinct) were likely scragged by their own inventions.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokage View Post
                          There were about 5 different models. I would bet the tiny ones are programed to go after ciws and sheild generators, medium ones for area denial, bigger ones for inflicting damage, and the largest for wounding capital ships.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Perhaps the race who built them for what ever reason was unable to fight themselves (frail bodies/minds)..
                            I sort of think the opposite. Maintain a large base with several command ships and just jump them to trouble zones. Why risk personnel? I can guarantee you once the US drones improve some, you'll see them deployed much much more in war zones.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                              I sort of think the opposite. Maintain a large base with several command ships and just jump them to trouble zones. Why risk personnel? I can guarantee you once the US drones improve some, you'll see them deployed much much more in war zones.
                              Just like in that SG-1 episode where we traded heavy water for all their tech. (I forget the name of the episode, but it's season 4 I think.)
                              sigpic
                              ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Working...
                              X