What to watch after SGU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to watch after SGU?

So I'm trying to expand my horizons a bit and once I've got no more SGU to watch, I'll need something for my fix. Any recommendations for series I might like, syfy or otherwise, to latch on to?

Difficulty, I've already seen BSG, and Firefly and really dont care for Star Trek and Farscape for some reason.

Okay, go!

Something from that list?

http://tv.ign.com/articles/114/1143800p1.html

Comment

Sanctuary - plenty of Stargate stars in there
      and I watch Merlin and Being Human, all 3 are on SyFy

Comment

ohh there are so many!!!

Legend Of The Seeker
        The West Wing
        Dollhouse
        Damages
        The Wire
        Jeremiah
        Lost
        Spartacus Gods Of The Arena and Blood and Sand
        SeaQuest
        Babylon 5
        Crusade
        The Gates
        True Blood
        Rome
        Boston Legal
        The Tudors
        Weeds
        Fringe
        Outcasts

coming soon
        The Game Of Thrones
        Terra Nova
        Falling Skies
        Breakout Kings
        17th Precinct

Comment

I will only watch South Park since those are the only 2 series that I like... and alot of gaming!

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
            Difficulty, I've already seen BSG, and Firefly and really dont care for Star Trek and Farscape for some reason.
            Go back to Farscape
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Go back to Farscape
              i just cant get past the muppets! how did you people manage it??

Comment

I felt that way for literally years before I made myself sit down and watch the show.

One of the best TV-related decisions I've ever made. The show is brilliant--FX, stories, characters. A true masterwork of modern sci-fi. And those Muppets? Those are better written, better acted, and more relatable characters than most of what's on TV.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The same way I get past how virturally every scifi series frell up medical science.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I'd suggest primeval.

Comment

I'm going to start on Boardwalk Empire, The Walking Dead, the two Spartacus seasons/series and Treme.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        I'm going to start on Boardwalk Empire, The Walking Dead, the two Spartacus seasons/series and Treme.
                        All of those are excellent choices.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                          never seen Treme but all the rest are fantastic! Boardwalk is AMAZING and Spartacus is my absolute favorite show next to SG of course

Not sure what order you plan on watching Spartacus in but fair warning, if you decide to watch the prequel first, which frankly makes sense, just be warned that the final 30 seconds or so of the final episode of gods of the arena has the mother of all spoilers for the end of Blood and Sand.

Ever watched True Blood? I never thought I'd like it but once i saw an episode or two i was absolutely frakking hooked! and i dont even like vampires!

Comment

falcons319: ohh there are so many!!!

Legend Of The Seeker -- barely heard of it, didn't it get canceled recently?
                            The West Wing -- have the box set, terrific show and could have gone on for decades!
                            Dollhouse -- i need to watch the final 6 episodes or so
                            Damages -- watched the first season, kind of lost interest, how was season 2?
                            The Wire -- couldn't get past the first 3 episodes. everyone says its pure badass on film but i just cant get into it. should i skip to season 2?
                            Jeremiah -- whats a jeremiah?
                            Lost -- oh how i loves me some lost! i just wish they did more with that underwater hatch!
                            Spartacus Gods Of The Arena and Blood and Sand -- Frakking. Awesome. Nuff said.
                            SeaQuest -- i remember watching this when it first aired! seems like its been talked about alot lately for some reason
                            Babylon 5 -- never seen it, i'll have to add it to my queue
                            Crusade -- never even heard of it
                            The Gates -- heard the name, whats it about?
                            True Blood -- seen every episode, LOVE IT.
                            Rome -- wish there was more than two seasons!
                            Boston Legal -- haven't seen it but i hear good things. may have to add to the queue!
                            The Tudors -- haven't given this one a fair shot. I need to give it a few more episodes but the first two didn't grab me :-/
                            Weeds -- I saw the masturbation talk on youtube! totally forgot about this one! *adds to queue*
                            Fringe -- LOVE IT. I just wish the first people were actually the ancients and the next weird science experiment was a stargate.
                            Outcasts -- no idea what this one is.

coming soon
                            The Game Of Thrones -- looks awesome
                            Terra Nova -- cant wait!
                            Falling Skies -- haven't heard of it yet
                            Breakout Kings -- CANT WAIT! T-BAG is back!
                            17th Precinct -- no idea, getting tired of cop dramas though

Great list! Green for you!

BTW guys, if you ever get the chance to see an old show called Now and Again be sure to watch! it aired for one season back in the 90's and got canceled. it was absolutely awesome though!

Comment

^^

Comment

Working...
                              X