X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keeper View Post
    agreed, but there's no suggestion of thin air - the quote:
    emphasis mine.

space debris is something. asteroids something. the stuff appeared from apparent nothingness - but even motion would have some indication, unless it were well beyond any speed the sensors can detect. on the other hand, phasing out materials makes them (to our understanding) undetectable, shown when carter can't be found in the SGC (phased to another dimension admittedly) or when using merlin's device (and searched for by a prior using ori-enhanced senses.) the ascended beings we know of (ancients and ori both, as well as those like oma desala) are normally outside our phase or senses, so far as we know.

a creator deity would have power to create even from nothing (i.e. god) - the universe is a pretty shocking example, from a religious perspective

but an alien advanced enough to be similar to an ascended being already has methodology to phase-shift - giving them a means of working without detection, and they could use whichever method was simply most convenient
    Building a sun and planets with so many available for moving is plain silly. The universe was not created from nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
      Building a sun and planets with so many available for moving is plain silly.
      at the right tech level, i'd suspect it would come to six of one, half a dozen of another. i.e. neither would be more or less inconvenient at that point, neither is any more silly than the other - it's just that we find it hard to conceive of such a level.

The universe was not created from nothing.
      i don't support it, but that's what the religious view tends to say. i know people who genuinely believe the 7 days story in the bible to be literal, so no matter how crazy i think it is, i know that's what they believe.

and they are, after all, picking up the 'god signal' - show's words, not mine
      Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

I doubt they are ancients. They are probably extra universal beings of some kind. Perhaps the universe was built as an experiment, and to them only a few years have passed or something.

Real Life.
        Personally, I believe the universe was created. (Actually, the term "seven days' is supposed to simply refer to unspecified periods of time, seven stages of creation, unlikely to be seven literal 24 hour days.) I have examined and studied various aspects of science, from quantum particles, to D.N.A to the variety of life on this world, e.c.t. The possibility of everything occurring by accident is 1 in a number larger then the estimated amount of atoms in our universe, that is from a science magazine I read a while back. I would love to find it again.

The "big bang". A massive release of energy/matter from a tiny tiny singularity that somehow formed into our universe from a chaotic mess of particles anti particles, photons and energy. That is like saying if you disassemble a clockwork watch into its components and put it into a box, then shake it. How long would you have to shake it for it to assemble back into a watch? How much more complicated is the universe?

Imagine you are walking in a desert, dying of thirst, no life around at all. All of a sudden, you find a house, just a house, nothing else around. You go inside, the cupboards are stocked with food, there is a huge water tank, climate control, solar paneling, everything you would need to live. You find a guy in the living room, and you ask "Is this your house?" he says "No, i just found it here. I was walking around, lost, and all of a sudden a sandstorm built it out of raw material." You would think he was nuts. Same with the Earth, and it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more complicated then any house.

Many scientists are switching from evolution to creation because of what they have found.

Of course, that raises a ton of other questions which should not be gotten into on this thread.
        Last edited by Gormagon; 28 August 2011, 02:32 PM.
        sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Working...
        X