• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the Stargate budget?

What is the Stargate budget?

do you mean for the production of the show or in the show

from the episode politics

HAMMOND: "An unofficial project, that just happens to cost 7.2 billion dollars a year to operate. The President and the joint chiefs thought if they granted the Senator the appropriate clearances, let him in on the existence of the SGC, he would recognize the importance to national security and authorize the expenditure."

HAMMOND: "Very effectively. It cost nearly a billion dollars just to turn the lights on around here."

O'NEILL: "Sevenish..."

KINSEY: "Seven Billion, four hundred and seven million dollars."

O'NEILL: "Give or take."

KINSEY: "Per year!"

O'NEILL: "With all do respect, Senator, the accounting department, is up on level three, I believe. But if you want to talk about maintaining the first line of defense, against what I believe is the greatest danger, humanity has ever faced."

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s1/transcripts/120.shtml
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

And the hyperdrive on Prometheus cost 2 Billion Dollars.
      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
        And the hyperdrive on Prometheus cost 2 Billion Dollars.
        And when you compare that to many contempory real weapons systems that's relatively cheap.

Comment

I mean the production of the show.

Comment

I read that SG1 average budget per episode is $1.7 Million;
            and Atlantis is $1.4 Million, i dont know where i got it from though.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BIG UNIT
              These are the figures I've heard as well, the difference being attributed primarily to the price of actors.

Comment

Whoa really? I never imagined it would cost so much to make an episode. I guess when you tak into account all the wages that have to be paid, the cost of leasing the studio space, the food/catering, costome and prop raw materials.

Comment

do anyone know how much the actors get paid?

Comment

They save some money by recycling materials, i.e. "generic stone architecture set", as seen in 'It's Good to be King', 'Sanctuary', 'The Brotherhood', and 'The Gift'.

a time to mourn

Comment

The perceived quality of an episode isn't the actors fault. They only present what is given to them.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BIG UNIT

is this on gateworld somewhere? or a source?

Comment

Scifiwire sometimes says the budget in some of their articles, but their probably far away by now in their deep archives...
                          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I once read that
                            SGA 1,5 million $ for one ep
                            rising costed 5 million $
                            season 8 costs 1,8 million $ for one ep

Comment

Multi Channel news had an interview with Greenburg/Wright/Cooper (as S8 began filming) that had $1.7 million for SG-1 (average) and $1.4-$1.5 million for Atlantis (average). Although the premiere episode for Atlantis ("Rising") cost $5,000,000 I think.

Here's a link to a Gateworld article that mentions the $1.7 million figure for SG-1.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2004/0...seasonni.shtml

Here's the link to the original article on Multichannel news - you have to register to read it. It's VERY interesting.

http://multichannel.com/index.asp?la...&text=stargate

ETA: Here's another link where the full article is printed..it confirms the $1.5 million average for Atlantis.

http://www.watchfarscape.com/forums/...p/t-24354.html

It's not only the actor's salaries that go up - it's everyone's salaries. It's my understanding ALL the cast and crew and production costs escalate on a long-running show. With Atlantis they can kind of "reset" the budget to a lower base figure.
                              Last edited by keshou; 27 February 2005, 10:11 AM.
                              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X