This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis - Creep or Spooky?

Anyone else think that this spin-off will be rather creepy or spooky? Judgying from the topic with the article in the news section, the Wraith will be down right creepy.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Originally posted by SGSlugger
    Anyone else think that this spin-off will be rather creepy or spooky?
    I'm holding out for mysterious and ooky.

Comment

Ancient ascended spider webs...... :onder::
      sigpic

Comment

i think i read somewhere that they wanted to make it spooky, and I like it!

Comment

The blue looks a little creepy, I guess, but personally I think I'd probably prefer it if they had a non-humanoid foe. Apart from the Vee-too, the only non-humanoid aliens we've had on Stargate have been the Go'auld - and since they're usually seen in a human host, they don't really count - and the Giant Head aliens - who we've only actually met once anyway. That just about works for this galaxy because it is just a single galaxy, but Atlantis is supposed to be completely different, and yet again we have humaoid aliens. I realise you've got budget considerations and that it's a lot easier and a lot cheaper to stick some make-up on a human actor than it is to create a new species with special effects, but it would be nice...
          sum ergo cogitum
          I am therefore I think.

Comment

well aparently wrigth (sp?, i can never remember how to spell SG's races ) suposte to be greenish with HUGE black eyes *scared*

Comment

I vote spooky... seems spooky to me.

Comment

I think it should be a bit spooky. Judging by the trailer on the Sci-Fi channel, the setting for the background seems to be dark so perhaps we might jump a little more!
                __

__

Comment

I think its intended to be a darker series than SG-1, which has a few dark episodes. Maybe they're going for altogether kooky.
                  Last edited by KorbenDirewolf; 18 May 2004, 12:56 PM. Reason: spelling
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I really hope it's darker, it would be so badbutt (you know what I mean )
                    "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Well this is being made as a sci-fi specificly for the sci-fi channel as opposed to SG1 which was made to be on regular, non-niche, TV, so hopefully this will be a bit darker.

Comment

Darker would be cool. Everyone needs a good scare here and there.

I hope that we don't learn practically everything about the Wraith in the first ep. They should have a 'mysterious' feeling about them.
                        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

The real problem with creating non-huminoid characters is that if they are too alien...they are too alien to the viewers perception...and that means they can't relate to the character. A true menacing character has to be human enough that people can relate and create THEMSELVES the effective emotion that the writer wants. A semi-humanoid species with black eyes, pale skin and sharp claws and teeth engages the past horror movies we've seen in our life, animals with sharp claws/teeth and the fact that the eyes are black and without pupil creates just enough non-human influence that by the time our subconscience recieves it...it's "Creepy"

If you had a big alien creature with lots of eyes and arms and sharp teeth...it comes off as a monster...but not really creepy..because we have nothing really to make reference to it...unless it had spider-like appearances.
                          It feels good to be alive.
                          Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Working...
                          X