No announcement yet.

Doctor Who Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still waiting on my Doctors #8 & 11 to complete my 11 Doctors display, I need to get my camera back from my brother so that I can show off my collection.
    sigpic
    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      ^^ I like the MIG.. Will you be painting that?
      Yes. The MiG 15 comes with a clear fuselage so won't be completely painted. I'm starting with the MiG 21 because the instructions aren't as specific, i.e with the MiG 15 you have to use very specific paints, with the 21 it just tells you what colours to use.

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
      I'm still waiting on my Doctors #8 & 11 to complete my 11 Doctors display, I need to get my camera back from my brother so that I can show off my collection.
      I need #8, #1, #2, #5, #6, and #7. I should have just went with the box set. I've got two #10's. Maybe I could interest someone in a trade. I could get #5 and #6 for around $90 that comes with a couple of Daleks and Davros. Hmm may end up with a double of Davros too.

I'm going to go down to Terrific Scientific today to see what DW items I can find. If not I'll take the trip to King's Comics.

Oh and if anyone is interested here is a picture of the calendar:

I get so snap happy when I can't sleep.
      Last edited by Zed_PM; 05 January 2012, 12:59 PM.
      My post for Gate World: An Autistic's take on Sci-Fi

Comment

I bought The Revelation of the Daleks set and...umm...these photos come from my little Cheetah people saga that I put on Facebook...

OK, so I'm insane.

I also bought these:

And I just put this up after I remembered I had it at midnight and went looking for it:

Comment

Originally posted by Zed_PM View Post
          Yes. The MiG 15 comes with a clear fuselage so won't be completely painted. I'm starting with the MiG 21 because the instructions aren't as specific, i.e with the MiG 15 you have to use very specific paints, with the 21 it just tells you what colours to use.
          Yes it was the MIg 21 I liked. I had one of those and when I was very young put fishng line on it and hung it on a clothes line after putting a firework rocket inside it. It worked the Mig flew down the clothes line then exploded in glorious colours........

Is the other Mig meant to be see through? You mentioned the fuselage was clear? So can you see it's guts?
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I bought The Revelation of the Daleks set and...umm...these photos come from my little Cheetah people saga that I put on Facebook...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...74021234_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...93132024_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...92789073_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...41124816_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...88030120_n.jpg

OK, so I'm insane.

I also bought these:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...75284092_n.jpg

And I just put this up after I remembered I had it at midnight and went looking for it:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4305/dwposter.jpg

There used to be a Star Trek book with that very same title, only replace the words "Doctor Who" with Star Trek.....

And what are those vials about? Seriously why would you market that?
            Last edited by Rosehawk; 09 August 2013, 08:59 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags

Comment

I just put pre-orders in for these:
              http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/ind...mage&pID=68400

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/ind...mage&pID=68399

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I've got to get that one with Peri.
                sigpic

Comment

I want this Peri:
                  http://www.ikoncollectables.com.au/T...duct_info.html

And this my new TARDIS usb hub. Will come in handy as I have mobile phones chargers, Wii remote chargers, Doctor Who screwdriver charger and SD card readers.

The light stays on for as long as it's plugged in and it makes sounds which you can turn off.

There's not much left to buy in the stores around me. It gives me some time to save money.

Oh yeah, and seeing how my 6th Doctor didn't have a sonic screwdriver I gave him a light saber I found lying around. Now he is threatening Davros with it.
                  Last edited by Zed_PM; 07 January 2012, 12:56 AM.

Comment

There's a person in my TARDIS cookie jar!

I took this to show the width and depth of the cookie jar someone asked about

And here's another view:

And here's a full shot:

Sci-fi TV Australia posted this on their Facebook too:
                    http://www.etsy.com/listing/89823879...er?ref=pr_shop

I think the next TARDIS I get should be an actual TARDIS. I've got the hand book, usb hub, money bank, 10th Doctor's electronic TARDIS, plushy, mug and I bet if you go pressing a whole bunch of objects in my room in no time at all will you hear the TARDIS sounds.

Comment

I'm still waiting for these two figures to arrive from England. Once they do, I'll have all 11 incarnations on display in front of a 7th Doctor electronic TARDIS.

sigpic

Comment

I've got a very long way to go before I get all 11. I wonder if I can fit them into the cookie jar?

Comment

I hope you guys don't mind....It's not Dr Who stuff but I am proud of what I got for xmas and had to share

Well this is what I got for xmas it's not Dr Who but it took a lot of time to build and I'm happy with the results.

I'm not brave enough to leave it on the base as it's intended..Too scared of the shelf being bumped

1280 pieces

Comment

Gosh, that's amazing! Dwarves my Saturn V rocket model.

Edit: Don't want to take the attention off you post but I recieved two extra Doctor Who presents today. One is a 2012 diary, which goes through each episode in season 6 in different months. There is an extra Jan 2013 so A Good Man Goes to War could be added. It's full of many lovely still from the show. The second one is 100 post cards from time in space, in a beautiful TARDIS box designed to look like a wooden box. But the photos on the post cards are amazing. The print is so, so...shiny?
                            The photographs are very artistic. I guess you can tell I'm an artist.

It doesn't show the really good ones from the 5th and 6th series because my friend is yet to watch them and I didn't want to show her any spoilers.

OK, I realise one is a mega spoiler but for all she know that's just a painting that has nothing to do with the show.

I applaud the BBC for putting such detail and hard work into even the cheapest of DW merch. Harry Potter merch was always so disappointing. That first one says 'delete' over and over again. There's also one that says 'exterminate' over and over again.
                            Last edited by Zed_PM; 10 January 2012, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Gosh, that's amazing! Dwarves my Saturn V rocket model.
                              You must post pic of model......Does your rocket come apart in stages like the real thing? On mine you can separate the tank and boosters, and the shuttle has working landing gear. The cargo bay also opens but that is where the model annoys me. Lego normally is very high quality but the bloody doors just wo't line up if you open them fully then try to close them. You have to carefully nudge them shut.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                You must post pic of model......Does your rocket come apart in stages like the real thing? On mine you can separate the tank and boosters, and the shuttle has working landing gear. The cargo bay also opens but that is where the model annoys me. Lego normally is very high quality but the bloody doors just wo't line up if you open them fully then try to close them. You have to carefully nudge them shut.
                                Yes it does. It's a level 1 model though. Came with screws and a screw driver, instead of needing to be glued together.
                                At first things didn't line up but then I had to click everything in place. I thought I was going to break the whole thing because I don't know my strength and have broken many things by putting too much force on them.

Here it is with my other Apollo related figures:

I love the chimp. Not seen are the Hubble Space telescope and ISS.
                                Last edited by Zed_PM; 10 January 2012, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X