Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhh
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Animated Macra Terror - Coming March
      Wednesday, 05 December, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/12...ing-march.html

The BBC has revealed that an animated version of the 1967 story The Macra Terror will be released in March 2019

The four part Patrick Troughton story has been missing from the BBC Archives for many years, although a copy of the soundtrack exists.

Rumours of an annimated version of the story were confirmed by the BBC today releasing a trailer for the story on their YouTube channel.

As well as the Second Doctor, the story features Ben, played by Michael Craze, Polly played by Anneke Wills and Jamie played by Frazer Hines

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Doctor Who - Series 11 Soundtrack
        Wednesday, 12 December, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/12...oundtrack.html

Silva Screen Records have announced they will be releasing the Doctor Who Series 11 Soundtrack in January 2019

The music from the series, composed by Segun Akinola, will be available on CD and on streaming services from 11 January.

The recently completed Series 11 marked the arrival of the Thirteenth Doctor, award-winning actress Jodie Whittaker.

Segun Akinola is a multi-talented composer whose work includes scoring BBC Two’s landmark four-part series Black and British: A Forgotten History, written and presented by Historian David Olusoga. He also scored Shola Amoo’s debut feature film A Moving Image, which had its world premiere at the 2016 LA Film Festival.
        Where do I even begin?! Working on series 11 has been nothing short of the experience of a lifetime. I have loved every single minute of it. From working closely with the production team, to writing the character themes to recording the New Year Special, it’s truly been so much fun.

The soundtrack is available for pre-order on Amazon.

Volume One

1. Series 11 Opening Titles
        2. Getting That Bike
        3. Long Story
        4. This New Nose Is So Unreliable
        5. The Warrior
        6. Sonic Screwdriver
        7. The Doctor
        8. You Really Need To Get Out Of Those Clothes
        9. Three Suns
        10. Make It Through Those Ruins
        11. My Beautiful Ghost Monument
        12. Missing You
        13. Insurance Policy
        14. My Fam
        15. Tsuranga
        16. Resus One
        17. Kerblam
        18. Help In Dispatch
        19. Ranskoor Av Kolos
        20. The Shrine
        21. Keep Your Faith

Volume Two
        1. Thirteen
        2. Get Out That Door
        3. Parks, Rosa Parks
        4. Artron Energy
        5. This Is Very Bad News
        6. Fishing Take Down
        7. Stand Up Now
        8. A Living Icon For Freedom
        9. Umbreen
        10. Thijarian Hive
        11. I Love You Nani
        12. Yaz And Nani End Credits
        13. King James
        14. Tendril
        15. Morax
        16. Reverse The Polarity
        17. Made A New Friend
        18. Rebuilt
        19. Me And My Mates
        20. Series 11 End Credits

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine: 533
          Friday, 14 December, 2018 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/12...azine-533.html

Issue 533 of Doctor Who Magazine includes a preview of the New Year's Day episode, Resolution

Guest stars Charlotte Ritchie and Nikesh Patel, director Wayne Yip and writer Chris Chibnall feature in DWM’s exclusive preview of the New Year’s Day Special. Chibnall says
          You want it to feel like a treat: a big, thrilling, explosive, moving, cheeky, surprising treat. Basically, you want the Special to be epic. And I promise, it’s going to be epic.

Also in this issue...
          • SHARON D CLARKE An exclusive interview with the actress who played Grace O’Brien in the 2018 series.
          • FRAZER HINES Frazer pulls some crackers from DWM’s TARDIS tin.
          • DERRICK SHERWIN A tribute to the writer, story editor and producer who oversaw the series’ transition from black and white into colour.
          • CYBER CONTROLLER Highlights from a previously unpublished interview with Derrick Sherwin.
          • PUBLIC IMAGE The latest in-depth report on Series 11’s ratings.
          • THE FACT OF FICTION 1981’s spin-off K9 and Company, starring Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith.
          • CHRISTMAS QUIZ Put your Doctor Who knowledge to the test with the DWM Christmas Quiz.
          • THE TIME TEAM The Team comments on Doctor Who’s very first Christmas Day episode, 1965’s The Feast of Steven.
          • THE WARMONGER Part three of a new comic strip adventure featuring the Thirteenth Doctor and her friends.
          • SEASON SURVEY Share your views on the latest series of Doctor Who.
          • EPISODE REVIEWS The verdict on Series 11 episodes Demons of the Punjab, Kerblam! and The Witchfinders.

PLUS...A FREE double-sided poster, The Blogs of Doom, reviews, news, prize-winning competitions and more.

Doctor Who Magazine 533 is on sale now, price £5.99.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, has anyone played "Exterminate!" the new Doctor Who tabletop miniatures battle game from Warlord Games?
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I come across Doctor Who Meets Scratchman by Tom Baker on Barnes and Noble and didn't see it mentioned over here. I know the articles are from November but I thought I post about it for those who don't know about it.

Tom Baker has written a brand-new Doctor Who novel

Doctor Who fights the Devil in new Tom Baker novel | SYFY WIRE

Link to DW Wiki about Doctor Who Meets Scratchman: http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_...ets_Scratchman

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                I come across Doctor Who Meets Scratchman by Tom Baker on Barnes and Noble and didn't see it mentioned over here. I know the articles are from November but I thought I post about it for those who don't know about it.

Tom Baker has written a brand-new Doctor Who novel

Doctor Who fights the Devil in new Tom Baker novel | SYFY WIRE

Link to DW Wiki about Doctor Who Meets Scratchman: http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_...ets_Scratchman
                I'm very much looking forward to reading this book. I look forward to discovering what Tom Baker and the dearly missed Ian Marter had in mind.

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine - The 2019 Yearbook
                  Thursday, 27 December, 2018 - Reported by Chuck Foster

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/12...-yearbook.html

The latest magazine special from Doctor Who Magazine is their annual Yearbook, covering the developments in Doctor Who over the last year.

THE DOCTOR WHO MAGAZINE YEARBOOK 2019

Jodie Whittaker’s debut as the Doctor was one of the television events of 2018 and a landmark in Doctor Who’s long history.

The latest Doctor Who Magazine Special Edition explores the making of Series 11 in unprecedented detail. Highlights among the exclusive interviews include:

Editor Marcus Hearn says:
                  We’ve packed an incredible amount into the latest Yearbook. It was always our intention to create the ultimate guide to Series 11, and this issue includes much of the material that we’ve been gathering with the cast and writers since the beginning of 2018.

The Doctor Who Magazine Yearbook 2019 is on general sale from 3 January.

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine - Issue 539
                    Wednesday, 29 May, 2019 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2019/05...issue-539.html

Issue 539 of Doctor Who Magazine includes an exclusive interview with Thirteenth Doctor Jodie Whittaker.

This issue also includes:

• The latest Production Notes from showrunner Chris Chibnall.
                    • Former Doctor David Tennant discusses Jodie Whittaker.
                    • Howard Burden recalls designing costumes for three different Doctors.
                    • The second part of a candid interview with 1980s script editor Eric Saward.
                    • What topped the DWM season poll? We reveal the results!
                    • We talk to the team behind the Blu-ray special edition of 1973’s Planet of the Daleks.
                    • The Fact of Fiction explores the 2005 story The Long Game.
                    • Eric Saward previews his novelisations of Resurrection and Revelation of the Daleks.
                    • Is Doctor Who a kids’ show? The Time Team decides.
                    • How to recreate the Second Doctor’s ‘cosmic hobo’ style.
                    • The final part of Herald of Madness, a comic strip adventure featuring the Thirteenth Doctor and her friends.
                    • The Blogs of Doom, audio reviews, previews, news, prize-winning competitions and much, much more!

DWM 539 is on sale from 30 May, priced £5.99.

DWM 539 is also available as a strictly limited Deluxe Edition, exclusive to WH Smith and store.panini.co.uk priced £9.99.

In addition to the latest issue of DWM, the Deluxe Edition includes:

• An exclusive vinyl EP featuring rare and bonus tracks from The Evil of the Daleks.
                    • A 28-page supplement about the making of the Thirteenth Doctor’s episodes, packed full of new information and previously unseen pictures.
                    • Downloads from BBC Audio and Big Finish.
                    • A Doctor Who bookmark.

And more.

Comment

June 4th, 2019
                      Doctor Who - The Faceless Ones
                      Blu-ray

http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite....ray-steelbook/

Available to order from www.zoom.co.uk

Its worth trying the code SIGNUP10 for 10% off.

The steelbook is available to order from www.zavvi.com

All formats are also available to order from www.amazon.co.uk

BBC Studios is pleased to announce that The Faceless Ones will be the next animated Doctor Who release, filling a gap in missing content. Following the success of The Power of the Daleks, Shada and The Macra Terror, The Faceless Ones will be released on DVD, Blu-Ray and as an exclusive steelbook next year.

The Faceless Ones is the mostly missing eighth serial of the fourth season in Doctor Who, which was first broadcast in six weekly parts from April to May 1967. Starring Patrick Troughton as the Doctor, the story concerns a race of identity-stealing aliens known as the Chameleons.

Only two of the six episodes are held in the BBC film archives with snippets of footage and still images existing from the other four. Off-air recordings of the soundtrack also still exist, making the animation of a complete serial possible once again.

The six new animated episodes are being made in full colour and high definition. The DVD/Blu-ray release will also include surviving archive material from the original 1967 production.

Also starring:
                      Anneke Wills – Polly
                      Michael Craze – Ben Jackson
                      Frazer Hines – Jamie McCrimmon

Comment

New Character Options products for B&M stores this summer
                        Wednesday, 12 June, 2019 - Reported by Chuck Foster

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2019/06...619210008.html

Character Options have announced a new series of exclusive Doctor Who merchandise that will be available later this summer from local B&M stores in the UK:
                        Fans of the Doctor’s Sonic Screwdrivers will be able to get their hands on a heritage set of three popular incarnations. The new blister-pack series will include electronic versions, inspired by the 50th anniversary episode, of the Tenth, Eleventh and War Doctor’s sonics.

For action figure fans, Character Options presents a set of three unique Doctor & Dalek Twin Packs, inspired by the Doctor Who audio series from Big Finish. This includes a brand new take on the Eighth Doctor, plus the Dalek Interrogator Prime, as featured in Big Finish audio book story In the Garden of Death. The two additional Doctor and Daleks sets to be released from this range will feature the Seventh and War Doctors respectively.

This year there will be not one, but two new TARDIS & Doctor sets released, each with a completely new take on both the Doctor and the blue box, inspired by adventures spanning the 1970s and 1980s.

To complete the summer line-up there are three brand new collector sets with a range of three figures in each, inspired by the Classic adventures of the Second, Fourth, Sixth and Seventh Doctors.

Al Dewar, Creative Director at Character Options commented:
                        We are delighted to announce this first taster of what’s to come from our B&M stores Doctor Who toy range. To reveal the visuals of these brand new products, we plan to do a full unveiling live, which will take place ‘unboxing style’ on Character Options’ own Youtube channel in July; details of the time and date will be announced.

More details on the products will be released in the coming weeks.

Comment

June 18th, 2019
                          Doctor Who Season 23 Blu-ray Full Details / Special Features

http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite....cial-features/

Available to order from www.amazon.co.uk
                          Also available to order from www.zoom.co.uk and www.zavvi.com

BBC Studios announces Season 23 as the next installment in the DOCTOR WHO: THE COLLECTION Blu-ray range

BBC Studios continues to offer Doctor Who fans the opportunity to build their own home archive on Blu-ray. The first jam-packed release for Colin Baker’s Sixth Doctor, Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 23, debuts on Monday 23rd September.

In 1985, Doctor Who was taken off the air for an 18 month hiatus. When it returned, it was with an ambitious fourteen-episode adventure, The Trial of a Time Lord. The epic story saw the Doctor on trial for his life, with the court examining his adventures with companion Peri (Nicola Bryant) and looking to his future escapades with new companion Melanie (Bonnie Langford).

This season saw the return of popular villain Sil, along with the Master, the towering robot Drathro and the plant-based Vervoid monsters. With the Inquisitor (Lynda Bellingham) overseeing the proceedings, it was the Valeyard (Michael Jayston) who proved the greatest threat, hiding his own sinister motives for wanting the Doctor’s downfall.

With all episodes newly remastered from the best available sources, this Blu-ray box set also contains extensive and exclusive special features which include:

• Extended edits – of all fourteen episodes
                          • Terror of the Vervoids – four-part standalone edition with updated Fx
                          • Immersive 5.1 surround sound & isolated scores – on all 14 broadcast episodes
                          • Behind the Sofa – new episodes with Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant, Bonnie Langford, Mark Strickson, Frazer Hines and Matthew Waterhouse
                          • The Writers’ Room – Eric Saward, Philip Martin, Christopher H Bidmead & Waly K Daly discuss the ‘Lost’ Season 23
                          • The Doctor Who Cookbook Revisited – brave cast members tackle their original recipes from the 1980s official cookbook
                          • The Doctor’s Table – join Colin Baker and friends for dinner
                          • In Conversation – Matthew Sweet chats to companion Bonnie Langford
                          • Unseen studio footage
                          • Rare archive treats
                          • Convention footage
                          • Blu-ray trailer
                          • HD photo galleries
                          • Scripts, costume designs & more in the PDF Archive

The six-disc box set also includes hours of extensive special features previously released on DVD.

DOCTOR WHO: THE COLLECTION – SEASON 23 stars Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant and Bonnie Langford with Michael Jayston and Lynda Bellingham. Guest appearances include Anthony Ainley, Nalbil Shaban, Joan Sims, Christopher Ryan, Michael Craig, Honor Blackman, Tony Selby and Geoffrey Hughes.

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine - Issue 540
                            Thursday, 27 June, 2019 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2019/06...issue-540.html

Doctor Who Magazine
                            celebrates Jon Pertwee’s centenary with 30 pages devoted to the Third Doctor.

This issue includes:
                            • The World Cup of the Third Doctor. How did your favourite story fare in our epic Twitter tournament?
                            • Lost for more than 40 years – a candid interview with Jon Pertwee from the very first Doctor Who convention in 1977.
                            • An exclusive interview with Jon’s son, actor Sean Pertwee.
                            • A previously unpublished interview with Barry Letts, who produced most of the Third Doctor’s stories and co-wrote classics like The Dæmons and The Green Death.
                            • An exclusive update on the production of Series 12 from showrunner Chris Chibnall.
                            • Katy Manning, who played the Third Doctor’s companion Jo Grant, visits the Time Team.
                            • The second part of an interview with costume designer Howard Burden, who created outfits for the Twelfth Doctor, Clara and Missy.
                            • The Fact of Fiction explores the Twelfth Doctor story Time Heist.
                            • DWM’s review of the Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 10 Blu-ray box set.
                            • The Legacy of Time – DWM talks exclusively to the cast and crew behind one of the most ambitious Doctor Who adventures ever, which features no fewer than six Doctors.
                            • Part One of Power of the Mobox, a new comic strip adventure featuring the Thirteenth Doctor and her friends.
                            • The Blogs of Doom, audio reviews, news, prize-winning competitions and much, much more!

DWM 540 is on sale from Thursday 27 June, priced £5.99.

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine - Issue 541
                              Thursday, 25 July, 2019 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2019/07...issue-541.html

Previous unseen images from some of the stories directed by Christopher Barry can be seen in the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine.

Images from The Daleks, The Rescue, The Romans, The Savages, The Power of the Daleks, The Dæmons, The Mutants, Robot, The Brain of Morbius and The Creature from the Pit are included in the magazine, released today.

Also in this issue:
                              • Director Michael E Briant, actress Kay Patrick and writer Marc Platt recall working with Christopher Barry.
                              • Jon Pertwee reflects on life after Doctor Who in the second part of an interview conducted at his first-ever convention appearance in 1977.
                              • David Bradley answers questions from the TARDIS tin.
                              • The Fact of Fiction explores the Eleventh Doctor story The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon.
                              • Reviews of the Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 10 Blu-rays and Eric Saward’s Resurrection of the Daleks novelisation.
                              • Part Two of Power of the Mobox, a new comic strip adventure featuring the Thirteenth Doctor and her friends.
                              • The Blogs of Doom, audio reviews, previews, news, prize-winning competitions and much more

DWM 541 is on sale from today, Thursday 25 July, priced £5.99.

Comment

Big Finish Dalek and Doctor action figure sets revealed!

30 July 2019

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/big...-sets-revealed

Unique Big Finish story-themed action figure sets in amongst new range unveiled on YouTube.

Character Options have revealed details of the Big Finish-inspired Doctor and Dalek action figure sets, due for release next month, in a YouTube unboxing video.

Three Doctor and Dalek sets have also been created inspired by popular Big Finish audio episodes including:

The Eighth Doctor and Dalek Interrogator Prime Action Figure Set – shows the fully articulated Doctor dressed in jeans and double breasted jacket and the Dalek Interrogator he faces when captured in the episode.

The War Doctor and Dalek Scientist Action Figure Set – has the Doctor as played by John Hurt in the War Doctor Audio episodes, the Dalek included is a scientist and works independently of High Command.

The Seventh Doctor and Axis Strike Squad Dalek Action Figure Set – features the Time Lord as played by Sylvester McCoy in the Gallifrey VI Series. He must help regain Gallifrey and defeat the bronzed Daleks that have taken over the AXIS.

Al Dewar, commented: “It was huge fun to reveal by video the entire new collection. We are incredibly proud of this summer 2019 line up and believe that the fans will be equally delighted with each product that are to be launched. Our loyal following of collectors are always keen to gain a first glimpse of what’s new and doing this in such a personal style was important to us. The next stage is to see the range in store!”

The entire collection will be available in B&M stores from late August, and limited quantities of some sets will be available to order via the Big Finish web site: more details will be added soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X