No announcement yet.

Doctor Who Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with that is, my local W.H. Smiths closed down in early March, the only other shop that carries DWM is Tesco, and they don't get it every month. Hence my shelling out on a subscription.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      The problem with that is, my local W.H. Smiths closed down in early March, the only other shop that carries DWM is Tesco, and they don't get it every month. Hence my shelling out on a subscription.
      Then may I recommend the online Galaxy 4 shop? It is probably the best place for you to get your Doctor Who Magazine and all the Special Editions too. Here's a link for you: https://www.galaxy4.co.uk/category.t...99&vts=grVfAAQ

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

The Power of the Daleks - Where To Watch
        By Cameron K McEwan on Thursday 3 November 2016 |

http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/ar...where-to-watch

The animated version of the lost Doctor Who classic, The Power of the Daleks is almost here! The global roll-out of the six-part story featuring The Second Doctor begins this weekend.

Around the world you will be able to enjoy The Power of the Daleks in various different formats, including: cinema, online and on DVD and bluray.

Below you can find out the confirmed releases where you live.

PLEASE NOTE: the below are all black and white, unless clearly stipulated available in colour.

UK

November 5, 2016Available exclusively on BBC Store to buy, download and keep. Episodes will release daily.
        November 21, 2016 – Available on DVD. Order from Amazon here.
        December 31, 2016Colour version available on BBC Store to buy, download and keep.
        February 6, 2017 – Available on ‘Special Edition’ Bluray – includes colour version. Pre-order date TBC.

US

November 14, 2016 – Available in select theatres nationwide for one night only. Visit www.fathomevents.com for more info.
        November 19, 2016 – Available to watch weekly on BBC AMERICA. For more info, visit www.bbcamerica.com
        BBC AMERICA will make the colour version available exclusively on their digital platforms towards the end of November.
        January 24, 2017 – Available on DVD exclusively from Barnes & Noble (includes colour version).
        Check back for updates.

CANADA

November 30, 2016 – available in select theatres nationwide for one night only. Visit here for details.
        Check back for updates.

AUSTRALIA

November 12-19, 2016 - Available at select theatres nationwide, for details visit here.
        Check back for updates.

NEW ZEALAND

November 12-19, 2016 – Available at select theatres nationwide, for details visit here.
        Check back for updates.

REST OF WORLD

Check back for updates.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

The Power of the Daleks in Colour
          Thursday, 03 November, 2016 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/11...in-colour.html

The BBC have announced that a colour version of the animated story The Power of the Daleks is to be released at the end of the year.

The Black and White version is being released this weekend on BBC Store, with a DVD release coming on 21 November. It is now confirmed that a colour version will be released on BBC Store on 31st December followed by a Special Edition Bluray, containing both the Black and White and Colour versions, from 6th February 2017.

BBC America is screening the Black and White version weekly from November 19, and will make the colour version available exclusively on their digital platforms towards the end of November. From January 24, 2017 both versions of the story will be available on a Region 1 DVD, exclusively at Barnes & Noble.

Comment

No UK DVD release for the colour version?
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
              No UK DVD release for the colour version?
              No. The colour version is being packaged alongside the B&W version for Blu-Ray only and also later made available from the BBC Store for download.

Comment

Fine. I'll get the US version.
                sigpic

Comment

The Power of the Daleks DVD + Blu-ray Steelbook

http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite....ray-steelbook/

Available to order in the UK from www.amazon.co.uk

Doctor Who – The Power of the Daleks – The Collector’s Limited Edition DVD + BD Steelbook [Blu-ray]
                  50 years after its only UK broadcast on BBC One, one of Doctor Who’s most celebrated, lost adventures is regenerated, with a brand new hand-drawn black and white animation, synchronised with a digitally remastered recording of the original 1966 audio.

The six-part adventure takes place immediately after the first regeneration, as the Time Lord and his companions, Polly (Anneke Wills) and Ben (Michael Craze), do battle with an old foe on the mysterious planet Vulcan. How will Polly and Ben cope with a new Doctor?

How will the Doctor take to his new body? And how will they ever overcome the power of the Daleks? “Doctor Who: The Power of the Daleks” The Collector’s Limited Edition Steelbook includes the black & white animation on both Blu-Ray and DVD, and now features the colourised version.

Comment

The Power of the Daleks - Released
                    Saturday, 05 November, 2016 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/11...-released.html

Episode One of the animated Power of the Daleks has been released on the BBC Store, exactly 50 years after it was first seen in the UK.

Viewers in the UK can download the episode for £1.89SD or £2.49HD or buy a season pass which gives access to all six episodes for £9.99SD and 12.99HD. Episodes are being released on a daily basis, although some BBC Store users have reported they already have access to all six.

The first three minutes of the episode were live streamed on the Periscope service earlier today. Viewers who missed it can unlock the video by going to the BBC Store twitter account

The first three episodes of the story were premiered at the National Film Theatre in London on Saturday afternoon, although disappointingly in mono rather than the remixed 5.1 sound so lovingly created by Mark Ayres. A packed audience included many who worked on the animation as well as members of the original production team from 1966, including designer Derek Dodd, actress Anneke Wills and runner and future Doctor Who director Graeme Harper, who at the time he worked on Power of the Daleks was just three weeks into his BBC Career.

Actor Frazer Hines, superfan and comedian Frank Skinner and current showrunner Steven Moffat all shared their memories of working with and watching Patrick Troughton.

Also in the audience was Grahame Strong, the man who made the recreation possible, by recording the sound from his TV on his domestic tape recorder as the story was being broadcast, thereby preserving the soundtrack when the rest of the episode was destroyed.

Some of the process of the animation was explained by project Director Charles Norton. The team had roughly 6 months to complete all six episodes, an incredibly tight framework, with the final episodes only completed last Wednesday. He decided to make the story in 16:9 rather than the original 4:3 as most people now watch on widescreen TV's and if it had been made in 4:3 most would be watching the animation stretched to fit the screen.

Norton said he had fought hard for the animation to be made in Black and White as he felt it enhanced the story and gave a far more accurate rendition of the original product, something accepted by BBC Worldwide. The idea to colour the episodes came later from BBC America and is being done in Canada by a completely separate team. As far as BBC Worldwide is concerned the definitive edition for the UK market is the Black and White edition.

Those who do wish to see the Colour version can download it from the BBC Store at the end of the year, or buy the Blu-Ray in February, which will contain both versions.

In the USA the story will be screened weekly on BBC America starting on November 19. This is in addition to a number of movie theatre screenings on November 14. BBC America will make the colour version available exclusively on their digital platforms towards the end of November. and from January 24, 2017 both versions of the story will be available on DVD.

The story will also be screened at selected theatres in Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

Comment

Doctor Who: The Official Cookbook: 40 Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey Recipes

Just saw this on Books-A-Million's website and thought I'd post for those who don't know about it. It came out August 30, 2016 according to Amazon.

North America Links

UK Link(s)

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Doctor Who Magazine - Issue 509
                        Thursday, 09 February, 2017 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2017/02...issue-509.html

The latest edition of Doctor Who Magazine talks to self-confessed Doctor Who fan Rufus Hound – Sam Swift the Quick in 2015’s The Woman Who Lived, and most recently the latest incarnation of the Meddling Monk for Big Finish – about how he enjoyed being part of something he personally loves so much…
                        All my anxiety dissipated within the first two hours of arriving. I have never worked with a crew that was more like a family. I have never worked alongside actors who took the work seriously, but themselves not terribly seriously, as was true of Maisie [Williams] and Peter [Capaldi], who I spent most of my time with. The director [Ed Bazalgette] was tremendous, the producer [Derek Ritchie] was brilliant. Everybody in make-up and costume were having a right old laugh. All the camera crew and whatever were offering up shots and angles, being creative and given license to be creative, license to turn in their best work.

ALSO IN THIS ISSUE…
                        • ASK STEVEN! Doctor Who's showrunner Steven Moffat answers readers’ burning questions.
                        • INDEFINABLE MAGIC The weird world of the supernatural in the Doctor Who universe...
                        • DOOM COALITION 4 The Eighth Doctor, River Song, the Meddling Monk and the Weeping Angels all feature in the brand new audio box set Doom Coalition 4!
                        • RODNEY BENNETT TRIBUTE DWM pays tribute to Rodney Bennett, the director who oversaw three very different productions during the early years of Tom Baker’s tenure as the Doctor.
                        • DOORWAY TO HELL The original Master is back! Find out what he's up to in Part Two of our brand-new comic strip, written by Mark Wright and illustrated by Staz Johnson.
                        • THE MUTANTS In this issue’s Fact of Fiction, the Third Doctor and Jo Grant are sent on a mission that will affect the evolution of an entire planet, as we take a look at this 1972 adventure.
                        • THE IMPOSSIBLE ASTRONAUT Space 1969 awaits for the Doctor, Amy, Rory and River Song as the Time Team reach the 2011 season-opener in their mission to watch every episode of Doctor Who.
                        • REVIEWS DWM reviews the latest book, audio and DVD releases in the world of Doctor Who.
                        • COMING SOON Previews of all the latest Doctor Who CD and book releases.

PLUS! All the latest official news, competitions, the DWM crossword, and our annual survey poll.

Doctor Who Magazine 509 is on sale from Thursday 9 February, price £5.99.

Comment

Hi,

I would like to see Doctor Who's clone daughter with River Song and one of the Doctors (Matt Smith, Tennent) and maybe grandpa Davison along for the ride.

Maybe Who's who family?

Doug vV

Comment

Hi,

I just purchased and received the first Jon Pertwee serial.

I'm probably the last to notice, but the opening sequence just before Jon Pertwee's face seems to be the Darth Vader helmet outline from the front.

Doug vV

Comment

Character Options renews its Doctor Who figure license after Thirteenth Doctor casting announced

http://downthetubes.net/?p=39091

July 17, 2017 John Freeman Rikesh Desai

Toy firm Character Options, who have held the master toy licence for Doctor Who since the show’s 2005 relaunch has renewed its deal with BBC Worldwide as UK master toy licensee for long-running SF TV series, following the announcement that Jodie Whittaker would take up the iconic role, as the first ever female Doctor.

“We are very happy that Character Options will continue to be the lead licensee for our Doctor Who merchandise,” commented Rikesh Desai, licensing director for merchandise and gaming, BBC Worldwide. “Their products excite and delight UK fans and we are looking forward to working closely with them over the tenure of new showrunner Chris Chibnall and the adventures of Jodie Whittaker as the new Doctor.”

Jon Diver, group managing director at Character added: “We are delighted to re-confirm the Master Toy License for Doctor Who with BBC Worldwide which has been one of Character Options’s key brands for over ten years. The global and loyal following for whom the ownership of toys is essential, complemented with the regeneration of the Thirteenth Doctor and Chris Chibnall being the new producer for series 11, we can be sure of an exciting few years ahead!”

The Character Group, which has offices in London, Manchester, Hong Kong and China and employs over 230 people, was founded in 1991 and designs, develops and distributes toys and games. In 2003, the Group made a decision to develop its own products to market along side those sourced from third party distributor partners. Today, over 75 per cent of all products marketed by the group are developed in-house and they’re sold in over 30 countries worldwide.

In the last 12 years, BBC Worldwide’s partnership with Character Options has seen over 10 million action figures and almost five million sonic screwdrivers sold worldwide. The deal will see a development of new products featuring the Twelfth Doctor, Peter Capaldi, and new items are expected to hit the shops later this year, with Thirteeth Doctor product becoming available in autumn 2018.

Check out the Character Options Doctor Who range on amazon.co.uk

Comment

Doctor Who Tardis Console Lamp Released During SDCC

Doctor Who TARDIS Console Lamp Released During San Diego Comic-Con 2017

http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite....d-during-sdcc/

Doctor Who TARDIS Console Lamp, the unique and highly anticipated product seen online and televised on The Fan Show since April 2017, makes its retail debut during San Diego Comic-Con 2017.

WHO: The Doctor, that’s Who!

WHAT: Rabbit Tanaka’s Doctor Who TARDIS Console Lamp is launching at San Diego Comic-Con 2017!

WHEN:
                                July 20, 2017 through July 23, 2017

WHERE: FYE San Diego Comic-Con Pop-up Store
                                165 Horton Plaza, Space #155, San Diego, CA 92101
                                ½ mile north of the San Diego Convention Center

HOW:
                                Special SDCC17 shipment of the TARDIS Console Lamp will be available for Whovians during SDCC exclusively at the FYE San Diego Comic-Con Pop-up Store.

Beyond SDCC17, look for the product at www.fye.com and www.thinkgeek.com stores, and online with numerous e-tailers, including www.amazon.com , www.fye.com,
                                www.MichaelRodents.com, www.ThinkGeek.com, www.WhoNA.com, and www.WibbilyWobblyTimeyWimey.com.

WHY: As tens of thousands of Whovians descend upon San Diego Comic-Con, Rabbit Tanaka welcomes them with the TARDIS Console Lamp, which has been among the most buzzed items on Doctor Who: The Fan Show.

MORE: Inspired by Mr. Craven-Walker’s original astro lamp, the TARDIS Console Lamp is advanced technology at its finest. Globules of paraffin and opaque substances undulate as a modest 25-watt bulb delivers a mesmerizing, dimensionally satisfying glow. The TARDIS Console Lamp towers up at 18” of rippling retrograde geometry.

It is perfectly suited for parallel universes, though a conversion kit will be necessary to operate in the U.K.

“Whovians rejoice!” declared Vincent Farrand, Director of Rabbit Tanaka. “If there is no bending in the time-space continuum, fans will have their own TARDIS Console Lamp just in time for the opening day festivities of SDCC17.”

Doctor Who is under license from BBC Worldwide North America.

TARDIS Console Lamp operates on 120V AC with UL listing. Made for U.S. and Canadian market only.

Can’t get to SDCC?
                                Available to order in the USA from www.fye.com
                                Also available to order in the USA from www.amazon.com

Comment

Working...
                                X