Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, CLASS and much more...

Default Re: Doctor Who Stuff

I've got to get that one with Peri.
    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

I want this Peri:
    http://www.ikoncollectables.com.au/T...duct_info.html

And this my new TARDIS usb hub. Will come in handy as I have mobile phones chargers, Wii remote chargers, Doctor Who screwdriver charger and SD card readers.

The light stays on for as long as it's plugged in and it makes sounds which you can turn off.

There's not much left to buy in the stores around me. It gives me some time to save money.

Oh yeah, and seeing how my 6th Doctor didn't have a sonic screwdriver I gave him a light saber I found lying around. Now he is threatening Davros with it.
    Last edited by Zed_PM; January 7th, 2012 at 12:56 AM.

There's a person in my TARDIS cookie jar!

I took this to show the width and depth of the cookie jar someone asked about

And here's another view:

And here's a full shot:

Sci-fi TV Australia posted this on their Facebook too:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/89823879...er?ref=pr_shop

I think the next TARDIS I get should be an actual TARDIS. I've got the hand book, usb hub, money bank, 10th Doctor's electronic TARDIS, plushy, mug and I bet if you go pressing a whole bunch of objects in my room in no time at all will you hear the TARDIS sounds.

I'm still waiting for these two figures to arrive from England. Once they do, I'll have all 11 incarnations on display in front of a 7th Doctor electronic TARDIS.

Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

I've got a very long way to go before I get all 11. I wonder if I can fit them into the cookie jar?

Colonel

I hope you guys don't mind....It's not Dr Who stuff but I am proud of what I got for xmas and had to share

Well this is what I got for xmas it's not Dr Who but it took a lot of time to build and I'm happy with the results.

I'm not brave enough to leave it on the base as it's intended..Too scared of the shelf being bumped

1280 pieces

Gosh, that's amazing! Dwarves my Saturn V rocket model.

Edit: Don't want to take the attention off you post but I recieved two extra Doctor Who presents today. One is a 2012 diary, which goes through each episode in season 6 in different months. There is an extra Jan 2013 so A Good Man Goes to War could be added. It's full of many lovely still from the show. The second one is 100 post cards from time in space, in a beautiful TARDIS box designed to look like a wooden box. But the photos on the post cards are amazing. The print is so, so...shiny?
    The photographs are very artistic. I guess you can tell I'm an artist.

It doesn't show the really good ones from the 5th and 6th series because my friend is yet to watch them and I didn't want to show her any spoilers.

OK, I realise one is a mega spoiler but for all she know that's just a painting that has nothing to do with the show.

I applaud the BBC for putting such detail and hard work into even the cheapest of DW merch. Harry Potter merch was always so disappointing. That first one says 'delete' over and over again. There's also one that says 'exterminate' over and over again.
    Last edited by Zed_PM; January 10th, 2012 at 10:03 PM.

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Zed_PM View Post
    You must post pic of model......Does your rocket come apart in stages like the real thing? On mine you can separate the tank and boosters, and the shuttle has working landing gear. The cargo bay also opens but that is where the model annoys me. Lego normally is very high quality but the bloody doors just wo't line up if you open them fully then try to close them. You have to carefully nudge them shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    You must post pic of model......Does your rocket come apart in stages like the real thing? On mine you can separate the tank and boosters, and the shuttle has working landing gear. The cargo bay also opens but that is where the model annoys me. Lego normally is very high quality but the bloody doors just wo't line up if you open them fully then try to close them. You have to carefully nudge them shut.
    Yes it does. It's a level 1 model though. Came with screws and a screw driver, instead of needing to be glued together.
    At first things didn't line up but then I had to click everything in place. I thought I was going to break the whole thing because I don't know my strength and have broken many things by putting too much force on them.

Here it is with my other Apollo related figures:

I love the chimp. Not seen are the Hubble Space telescope and ISS.
    Last edited by Zed_PM; January 10th, 2012 at 10:23 PM.

Colonel

Edit: Don't want to take the attention off you post but I recieved two extra Doctor Who presents today. One is a 2012 diary, which goes through each episode in season 6 in different months. There is an extra Jan 2013 so A Good Man Goes to War could be added. It's full of many lovely still from the show. The second one is 100 post cards from time in space, in a beautiful TARDIS box designed to look like a wooden box. But the photos on the post cards are amazing. The print is so, so...shiny?
    The photographs are very artistic. I guess you can tell I'm an artist.

It doesn't show the really good ones from the 5th and 6th series because my friend is yet to watch them and I didn't want to show her any spoilers.
    http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5894/postcarsdw.jpg
    OK, I realise one is a mega spoiler but for all she know that's just a painting that has nothing to do with the show.

I applaud the BBC for putting such detail and hard work into even the cheapest of DW merch. Harry Potter merch was always so disappointing. That first one says 'delete' over and over again. There's also one that says 'exterminate' over and over again.

The diary sounds amazing. I liked the post cards idea. We don't get half the stuff you guys in the UK / US do.
    Last edited by Rosehawk; August 9th, 2013 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags

Colonel

Yes it does. It's a level 1 model though. Came with screws and a screw driver, instead of needing to be glued together.
    At first things didn't line up but then I had to click everything in place. I thought I was going to break the whole thing because I don't know my strength and have broken many things by putting too much force on them.

Here it is with my other Apollo related figures:
    http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/1153/saturnv.jpg
    I love the chimp. Not seen are the Hubble Space telescope and ISS.

I Have that exact same model but I only display it during July, the rest of the year it sits in the box, July being the month of the Moon landing. I had the space station by the same company and it's not the ISS but it's supposed to be what Mir could have been had they had mor funding.
    Last edited by Rosehawk; August 9th, 2013 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags

http://www.neatorama.com/2011/08/21/...tardis-corset/

My thoughts "Don't stare into the heart of the TARDIS" ...Too late?

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post

Wow she was hot

Hello sexy!

Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

I Have that exact same model but I only display it during July, the rest of the year it sits in the box, July being the month of the Moon landing. I had the space station by the same company and it's not the ISS but it's supposed to be what Mir could have been had they had mor funding.
    I think it was 2011 that was the year of space travel. The ISS was just a very small squashy figure.

I'm in Australia and Doctor Who merch is hard to come by but now I've found a few places including one antique bookshop that sells old issues of the 1980's Doctor Who magazine and books signed by William Hartnell for like $100. Bio I think.
    But in my old town down South there's more DW merch because I can just order it in. In Sydney I come across a rare find but probably need to go to an ABC shop to find more.
    There's a puzzle shop with two Doctor Who board games.

I hope you guys don't mind....It's not Dr Who stuff but I am proud of what I got for xmas and had to share

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/y...MyShuttle1.jpg

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/y...MyShuttle2.jpg

Well this is what I got for xmas it's not Dr Who but it took a lot of time to build and I'm happy with the results.

I'm not brave enough to leave it on the base as it's intended..Too scared of the shelf being bumped

1280 pieces
    I got that for Christmas too!

Mines sitting in my Lego collection on top of my drawers

Colonel

And the thing is if you use the search terms "tardis corset" in google images you get 100's of them and some are quite disturbingly hot. and just plain disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by 4thDoctor View Post
    I'm still waiting for these two figures to arrive from England. Once they do, I'll have all 11 incarnations on display in front of a 7th Doctor electronic TARDIS.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...67/doctors.jpg
    Instead of getting them one by one, wouldn't it have been easier for you to just get this instead?
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/y...MyShuttle1.jpg

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/y...MyShuttle2.jpg

1280 pieces
    Wow. That is really impressive. You should be very happy with the finished product. I didn't even build it and I certainly am.
    Last edited by Rosehawk; August 9th, 2013 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, CLASS and much more...