Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Heart Kate Heightmeyer/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Welcome to the one and only thread dedicated to the lovely pairing that is Kate/Teyla.

This is the place where you can discuss, appreciate and enjoy the ship to your heart's content. It took me long enough to start it so I'm hoping I'm not the only one around who likes these two together as a couple or as friends. That would make this thread very lonely.

Everyone who loves this pairing, likes it or has an affinity towards it is welcome here. Everyone who would like to support the cause is also welcome.

Bashing and negative comments, however, are not allowed and will be dealt with through modly intervention. It's against Gateworld-rules to begin with.

Now, that's out of the way...

Let's start with a few images of our couple [DUE TO PHOTOBUCKET's NEW POLICY -- IMG's NO LONGER AROUND]:
    Under tags in case they are too big - do not wish to break anyone's internet

Spoiler:
    [IMG USED TO BE HERE]

[IMG USED TO BE HERE]

[IMG USED TO BE HERE]
    Pretend Elizabeth's not there...

[IMG USED TO GO HERE]

And denial is not just a river in Egypt...

[IMG USED TO GO HERE]

But dare I say that Doppelganger is by far the shippiest episode when it comes to this pairing.
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; February 11th, 2018 at 05:13 AM.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Lieutenant General poundpuppy29's Avatar

Default Re: Kate Heightmeyer/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

I liked their Friendship

My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Quote Originally Posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
    I liked their Friendship
    Yup, there was definitely that too.

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Lieutenant General poundpuppy29's Avatar

of course i loved all Teyla's friendships but we did see this one right from the beginning it also helped the the actresses were friends it was an added bonus

My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Quote Originally Posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
    I liked their Friendship
    me too i still think it's a shame they killed her.

The best written female character on trek ever.

Muahahah! Kate/Teyla for the win! *high-fives FH*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

I could definitely see a connection between these two characters. Both have quiet strength, huge amounts of compassion and the willingness to see multiple interpretations of events and people. I may not have shipped them, per se - but I certainly can understand fans who do.

I celebrate their connection!
    Signature by Erin87

This isn't exactly a pairing I think of with any bit of seriousness but I have feel that I owe it to you to try to participate anyway despite that.

I'm sure I'd be able to find a sufficient amount of things to discuss in a thread about two such attractive women.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Hear, hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Muahahah! Kate/Teyla for the win! *high-fives FH*

Quote Originally Posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    This isn't exactly a pairing I think of with any bit of seriousness but I have feel that I owe it to you to try to participate anyway despite that.
    *giggles* I haven't heard anyone formulate it that way before.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    I'm sure I'd be able to find a sufficient amount of things to discuss in a thread about two such attractive women.
    Friendship is ship too...

Kate is one of the three Atlantis characters with whom I thought Teyla had great romantic type chemistry (the others being Ronon and Carson). I think they could have made this happen very easily. It didn't have to be on-screen kissing as I know they probably wouldn't have wanted to show that (of course, the demographic they were aiming for - teenage boys - probably would have enjoyed that a great deal ). But it could have been implied. At the very least their friendship was very well portrayed. They shouldn't have killed her off. Think of all the scenes they could have had together while Teyla was pregnant! The girl bonding would have rocked!

Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    The girl bonding would have rocked!
    However, "girl bonding" and "SGA PTB" in one sentence is like telling people you just saw a flying pig.

But, there's good stuff for fanfic....

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    However, "girl bonding" and "SGA PTB" in one sentence is like telling people you just saw a flying pig.
    *falls out of chair laughing*
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles

First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

*shudders* All I can think of now is Whispers and I cringe to imagine what their idea of girl bonding would have been. PJ parties and pillow fights?

Quote Originally Posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
    I could definitely see a connection between these two characters. Both have quiet strength, huge amounts of compassion and the willingness to see multiple interpretations of events and people. I may not have shipped them, per se - but I certainly can understand fans who do.

Well said.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

It's the end of the world as we know it...

Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    *shudders* All I can think of now is Whispers and I cringe to imagine what their idea of girl bonding would have been. PJ parties and pillow fights?
    *shudders*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Quote Originally Posted by jt-2 View Post
    at the very least their friendship was very well portrayed. They shouldn't have killed her off. Think of all the scenes they could have had together while teyla was pregnant! The girl bonding would have rocked!
    amen!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    It's the end of the world as we know it...
    Great now I have that REM song in my head!! HELP!! You are and evil woman, SK.

Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    Kate is one of the three Atlantis characters with whom I thought Teyla had great romantic type chemistry (the others being Ronon and Carson). I think they could have made this happen very easily. It didn't have to be on-screen kissing as I know they probably wouldn't have wanted to show that (of course, the demographic they were aiming for - teenage boys - probably would have enjoyed that a great deal ). But it could have been implied. At the very least their friendship was very well portrayed. They shouldn't have killed her off. Think of all the scenes they could have had together while Teyla was pregnant! The girl bonding would have rocked!
    This. I agree with this. In terms of relationships on the show, Kate was probably tied more to Teyla than Teyla to Kate. But I thought they had great chemistry every time I saw them together. You could tell they were friends off-screen, it always bled through into Rachel's performance. It's harder to say that for Kate (I still think it's true though) because they generally interacted in a professional setting.

Looking at the pics here, it strikes me that an interesting missing scene fic would be in the lead up to s2's Michael. Teyla didn't agree with the decision to de-wraith Michael (they should have listened to her), yet went along with it. This must've been an emotional wrench for her. I don't recall whether Kate was pro or anti the decision, but she was heavily involved once they administered the drug. Perhaps a 'how are you dealing/coping with this' conversation might've taken place?

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

I must admit I haven't seen anything romantic between these two, but I would have liked to see more of their off-duty relationship. It would have been nice to see a bit more of Teyla mourning for Kate as well.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    -PJ parties and pillow fights?
    *ponders the possibilities*

Quote Originally Posted by mandogater View Post
    Great now I have that REM song in my head!! HELP!! You are and evil woman, SK.
    Second that.

Quote Originally Posted by maneth View Post
    I must admit I haven't seen anything romantic between these two, but I would have liked to see more of their off-duty relationship. It would have been nice to see a bit more of Teyla mourning for Kate as well.
    Your rose-tinted glass are finetuned differently. That's fine.

I think if SGA had been character driven than maybe we could have seen more of the grieving for all the characters that have perished, but unfortunately it wasn't, so for all the extra character stuff we are forced to turn to fanfic.

But there definitely is some brilliant writing out there which I'll try to share (when I'm not in class, not paying attention )