Kate Heightmeyer/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Queen Guinevere View Post
    How's it going with the ficlet? I would gladly help but unfortunately English is not even my second language.
    I found a beta for it, and it was posted today. It's part of fandom_stocking 2015 so it won't be revealed until next week wednesday. It's only then I can share a link.

So, why do I like Kate and Teyla together? Natural chemistry, interesting (if very limited) interactions, and let's not forget about all the shallow reasons (I'm very shallow person) - they look sooo pretty together! Especially, when Kate was still blond. I must admit I even ship Elizabeth and Teyla, and I think both those pairings make a lot of sense. Or, they would, in real life.
    I agree. Kate and Teyla really fit together well. So do Kate and Elizabeth (and I love it even more after reading the secret_santa fic that was written for me).

Totally dig the fiery red we got to see in season 3 and 4 (and Claire went back to blond afterwards, and a very short cut too).

Thanks for recommendations, there were some fics I've never read before...
    Havocthecat also writes Kate/Teyla occasionally. Her preferred pairing is Kate/Elizabeth, but any opportunity to include Kate we both use.

There are a few on AO3 who pair them up, but we're a select bunch. Very small group...

...I've read all of Falcon Horus, she's obviously something of an Kate/Teyla very own William Shakespeare.

I don't think I wrote most of them, but I have written a lot. And I usually betray my identity rather quickly in fic-exchanges as I am one of the very few who almost always manages to incorporate Kate in a fic. She is my favorite character. Any time I can insert her into a story, in she goes.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Fandom_stockings 2015 has gone live so I can reveal the ficlets I wrote (and still need to revise and write - 3 didn't make the deadline). I wrote one Kate/Teyla - ficlet (and my first McShep, and possibly only one) so here it is:

Title: To Wish Upon A Star
      Rating: T
      Summary: Kate wasn’t one to make many wishes but tonight she figured one little wish could do no harm.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Fandom_stockings 2015 has gone live so I can reveal the ficlets I wrote (and still need to revise and write - 3 didn't make the deadline). I wrote one Kate/Teyla - ficlet (and my first McShep, and possibly only one) so here it is:

Title: To Wish Upon A Star
        Rating: T
        Summary: Kate wasn’t one to make many wishes but tonight she figured one little wish could do no harm.
        Go read this! It will bring a smile to your face.

Comment

It looks like i unintentionally got some ppl to ship kate/teyla over on tumblr with my gifset. Hehe! FH will be pleased though. Here's the gifset with the comments. (x)
          Last edited by itsaparadox; 10 January 2016, 01:18 PM.
          sigpic
          Sig by (x)

Comment

Kayla for the win - if it has to have a name...

Comment

Excited, I am.

Sounding like Yoda, I am.

Anyhoodle, heard from one of the Reverse Bang authors and she's got a fic in the works that deals with the aftermath of The Gift so EEK super excited.

Comment

Excited times two...

Just a got a mail from the other author and that story is equally awesome.

OMGoddess, so excited now.

Comment

I have decided that I ship this. Wow, I am LATE!!!
                  Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                  Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                    I have decided that I ship this. Wow, I am LATE!!!
                    LOL - Welcome!
                    Never too late.

Comment

And thus, after some delays I come bearing gifts from the two authors who were inspired to write fic based off my artwork.

I present:

Nightingale artwork by me, which inspired Mific to write The Nightingale and Melime to write Safe Haven.

Summary for Safe Haven:
                      From when they (Kate & Teyla) barely knew each other, to when they became each other's source of comfort, a relationship told in between the many crisis of the Pegasus galaxy.

Summary for The Nightingale:
                      Brought together for an avant-garde performance of Stravinsky’s opera The Nightingale, rising divas Teyla Emmagan and Kate Heightmeyer deepen their friendship. But the opera is beset by disasters—will they even reach opening night, so that Teyla can sing the part she was born to perform?

Comment

So, my dearly beloved shippers, SGA Reverse Bang went live this month, and thus there at least one relevant piece of art and fic I can post to this thread.

Keep an eye out -- I will be back with it.

Comment

Here it is -- the artwork, and the fic it inspired. Enjoy!

Art
                          The Return by Falcon Horus
                          Rating = T
                          Pairing: Kate/Teyla & implied John/Elizabeth

Fanfic
                          Home by Melime
                          Rating = T
                          Pairing: Kate/Teyla

Comment

Wrote a thing for fandom stocking exchange 2018-2019 edition -- and only now got around to posting it due to personal complications of the family variety:

Title: Stuck Here With You
                            Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
                            Category: F/F
                            Relationship: Teyla Emmagan/Kate Heightmeyer
                            Summary: It wasn’t that Kate wasn’t uncomfortable with being stuck in small spaces. It was that sometimes those small spaces held other people she wasn’t comfortable sharing that same space with. Not that she was unhappy with her current companion but it wasn’t exactly how she had hoped to spend her free afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                            X