Kate Heightmeyer/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jt-2 View Post
    at the very least their friendship was very well portrayed. They shouldn't have killed her off. Think of all the scenes they could have had together while teyla was pregnant! The girl bonding would have rocked!
    amen!!!!
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      It's the end of the world as we know it...
      Great now I have that REM song in my head!! HELP!! You are and evil woman, SK.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Kate is one of the three Atlantis characters with whom I thought Teyla had great romantic type chemistry (the others being Ronon and Carson). I think they could have made this happen very easily. It didn't have to be on-screen kissing as I know they probably wouldn't have wanted to show that (of course, the demographic they were aiming for - teenage boys - probably would have enjoyed that a great deal ). But it could have been implied. At the very least their friendship was very well portrayed. They shouldn't have killed her off. Think of all the scenes they could have had together while Teyla was pregnant! The girl bonding would have rocked!
        This. I agree with this. In terms of relationships on the show, Kate was probably tied more to Teyla than Teyla to Kate. But I thought they had great chemistry every time I saw them together. You could tell they were friends off-screen, it always bled through into Rachel's performance. It's harder to say that for Kate (I still think it's true though) because they generally interacted in a professional setting.

Looking at the pics here, it strikes me that an interesting missing scene fic would be in the lead up to s2's Michael. Teyla didn't agree with the decision to de-wraith Michael (they should have listened to her), yet went along with it. This must've been an emotional wrench for her. I don't recall whether Kate was pro or anti the decision, but she was heavily involved once they administered the drug. Perhaps a 'how are you dealing/coping with this' conversation might've taken place?
        sigpic

Comment

I must admit I haven't seen anything romantic between these two, but I would have liked to see more of their off-duty relationship. It would have been nice to see a bit more of Teyla mourning for Kate as well.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            -PJ parties and pillow fights?
            *ponders the possibilities*

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
            Great now I have that REM song in my head!! HELP!! You are and evil woman, SK.
            Second that.

Originally posted by maneth View Post
            I must admit I haven't seen anything romantic between these two, but I would have liked to see more of their off-duty relationship. It would have been nice to see a bit more of Teyla mourning for Kate as well.
            Your rose-tinted glass are finetuned differently. That's fine.

I think if SGA had been character driven than maybe we could have seen more of the grieving for all the characters that have perished, but unfortunately it wasn't, so for all the extra character stuff we are forced to turn to fanfic.

But there definitely is some brilliant writing out there which I'll try to share (when I'm not in class, not paying attention )
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I just wanted to pop in here and say Hi and also to say that I saw Kate on an episode of House. At least, I'm fairly certain it was her. Her mouth moved in the same way and her voice sounded the same. She was a LITTLE more heavy-set and her hair was darker.

I love the friendship between the two women, it was a good dynamic and it helped Kate become a more intricate part of the series.

sigpic
              Coming January 2017

Comment

Hello right back!

Comment

My contribution to a missing scene:

Rodney? What are you doing here?

Oh. Well, uh, we're seeing each other. But keep it to yourself

I will not breathe a word

I hope you are treating him for ..... what did you call them.....paranoid delusions?

:kate: You know I can't talk about that. But remind me to show you One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

How is a film about birds relevant?

:kate: Oh sweetie, you're so cute when you don't understand Earth references
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    My contribution to a missing scene:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29369[/ATTACH]

Rodney? What are you doing here?

Oh. Well, uh, we're seeing each other. But keep it to yourself

I will not breathe a word

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29370[/ATTACH]

I hope you are treating him for ..... what did you call them.....paranoid delusions?

:kate: You know I can't talk about that. But remind me to show you One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

How is a film about birds relevant?

:kate: Oh sweetie, you're so cute when you don't understand Earth references
                    Cute!

sigpic
                    Coming January 2017

Comment

@ Gateraid

*giggles madly*

So, to get the conversation going some more... there's 5 episodes in the whole of SGA in which both ladies appear - obviously in the grand scheme of things that isn't much to go on. ... But it is something.

Season 1 - The Gift
                      Season 2 - Duet & Michael
                      Season 3 - Echoes
                      Season 4 - Doppelganger

So... err to all currently participating in this thread (and to those who lurk but still wish to join)... how do you feel the relationship (be it friendship or romantically) evolved throughout the series?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        @ Gateraid

*giggles madly*

So, to get the conversation going some more... there's 5 episodes in the whole of SGA in which both ladies appear - obviously in the grand scheme of things that isn't much to go on. ... But it is something.

Season 1 - The Gift
                        Season 3 - Echoes
                        Season 4 - Doppelganger

So... err to all currently participating in this thread (and to those who lurk but still wish to join)... how do you feel the relationship (be it friendship or romantically) evolved throughout the series?
                        I like them as friends best, not a fan of shipping them but I can understand those that do. I actually wish the show would have gone into their friendship a bit more, shown that Teyla was able to be good friends with someone who wasn't of her people or Team Shep or Elizabeth. You know? I mean, I know that she's capable bc the writers made it clear w/o actually showing it but I kind of wish they would have showed it. Maybe if they'd tried going into more character depth with ALL of them rather than focusing on just some it MIGHT have lasted a bit longer.

Also, I think someone from GW should make a Heightmeyer smilie so that you could make it the Avatar for the thread.

sigpic
                        Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          @ Gateraid

*giggles madly*

Season 1 - The Gift
                          Season 3 - Echoes
                          Season 4 - Doppelganger

I think we can infer that between The Gift and Doppleganger that they must've become close (at the very least they were friends). I'm basing this on the fact that the writers chose to have Teyla be the one in her quarters. It could have been some random military guy (sent because she didn't turn up for work) or Keller (presumably she is Kate's supervisor?), but it was Teyla.

Also, Kate chose Teyla to be the one that she cried out to for help in her dream. It depends on how you want to view this. One interpretation is that evil!dream!John represents her worst fear - a feeling of helplessness. It's a generalisation, but often people who feel that way dream about falling, because it can be a symbol of being out of control. The person she cared about the most (Teyla) was under threat from dream!John...and we know the rest

Based on the progression from strangers in The Gift, until Kate's death, I inferred that they must've spent time together outside of work in social settings. Otherwise Teyla was getting regular counselling. Either way, given how comfortable they were with each other, they must've spent time together 'not at work'.

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                          I like them as friends best, not a fan of shipping them but I can understand those that do. I actually wish the show would have gone into their friendship a bit more, shown that Teyla was able to be good friends with someone who wasn't of her people or Team Shep or Elizabeth. You know? I mean, I know that she's capable bc the writers made it clear w/o actually showing it but I kind of wish they would have showed it. Maybe if they'd tried going into more character depth with ALL of them rather than focusing on just some it MIGHT have lasted a bit longer.

Also, I think someone from GW should make a Heightmeyer smilie so that you could make it the Avatar for the thread.
                          I believe Falcon Horus has some of them - I used to have some of them too, but I had a fatal hard drive error and lost them, along with everything else
                          sigpic

Comment

Gateraid - that's a perfectly good explanation for the development of the relationship between these two as is on screen.

And concerning smileys... Zuz made a few, and then there were others who made a couple - Jper among them.

Let me see how I can be of service here:

Kate H as a smiley -> - - - - -

Kate & Teyla as smilies together ->

Kate/Teyla as smilies together -> - -
                            Last edited by Falcon Horus; 26 February 2011, 12:10 PM.

Comment

I think it would have been nice to have shown the two of them hanging out together in Sunday. But then, IMO Sunday missed alot of great opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                I think it would have been nice to have shown the two of them hanging out together in Sunday. But then, IMO Sunday missed alot of great opportunities.
                                I never really understood why Kate couldn't be there in Sunday - however, maybe they would have killed her sooner if she was. That wouldn't have been good.

Comment

Working...
                                X