Kate Heightmeyer/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
    All the talk a couple pages ago about Sunday and DG reminds me (again) that I've not watched either one of those episodes. Talk about a river named Denial.
    It's a busy river that one... even when the episodes were watched - they simply were AU.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      It's a busy river that one... even when the episodes were watched - they simply were AU.
      Agreed! So was Ghost in the Machine (in case you didn't know).
      sigpic
      Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
        So was Ghost in the Machine (in case you didn't know).
        Of course, it is.

Comment

Of course, it is.
          Guys, everything after The Real World is just John's nanite induced nightmare.

Duh

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Guys, everything after The Real World is just John's nanite induced nightmare.

Duh
            That nightmare was so strange!
            In what way?
            Well, you had a kid with some guy named Kanaan.
            kateanim.gif Excuse me?
            It was just a nightmare, Kate. katetey_kiss.gif

Comment

LOL!!!

Comment

started a new game
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ows-and-movies
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Two games that we can play in - PP, your link leads to a 404-page but I think you're missing a part of it.

Here be the correct link to Favorite ships first to 50 Stargate and other shows and movies

And game 2 -> Rare Parings first to 50 Stargate only

Comment

I created a fanmix (for the first time in my fandom-life) and I thought I'd share it here since it's Kate/Teyla.

A fanmix is a selection of songs that in some way remind you of a pairing/character/show ... could be virtually anything I think.

My Pegasus Romance - Kate/Teyla fanmix

Link goes to my LJ.

Comment

Oh shoot - completely forgot but I made a Manifesto of Love for Kate/Teyla (for a challenge on LJ)... it was my intention to post it here, but obviously I just totally forgot... *facepalm*

Anyway...

Spoiler:

Let me start with a small introduction of both characters:

Kate Heightmeyer is a secondary character who appears a grand total of 5 episodes out of 100, while Teyla Emmagan is one of the main players. Kate’s the resident psychologist, and member of the Atlantis expedition sent from Earth to find and explore the lost city of Atlantis in the Pegasus galaxy. Teyla’s a member of a Pegasus tribe, known as the Athosians, and forced to flee her planet when the main antagonists of the expedition, the Wraith, attack the tribe. She joins with the team in order to gain the upper hand (if at all possible) against theses Wraith.

And after the intro, we continue...

The first time we see both of them together is in the season 1 episode, The Gift, in which Teyla discovers she has some Wraith DNA in her genetic make-up, which explains why she can sense the Wraith coming. Kate, as the psychologist, helps her deal with this gift. And when it’s discovered that Teyla is capable of connecting with the telepathic network of the Wraith, Kate helps her through that as well.

Kate meets Teyla in the cafeteria, but encounters a bit of stubborness when she tries to offer her help to the Athosian. Teyla isn't in the least bit interested in Kate's offer, and shows this rather strongly.

As soon as the ice is broken, she helps Teyla in dealing with her new found abilities to connect with the Wraith.

Worried Kate.

I immediately noticed a natural chemistry between both characters. Kate obviously cares about Teyla’s well-being, which later develops in what could be seen as a good friendship between the two women. Of course, I like to think there’s more to it than just friends.
                      The great chemistry can partially be attributed to the real life friendship between the two actresses and it shows on screen.

Of the 5 episodes that both characters can be seen, there are only 3 where they have scenes together. And of course there's Doppelganger which effective immediately puts and end to the on screen time of both characters in later episodes because it holds the untimely demise of Kate, who is killed in her sleep by an alien life form which invades people’s minds to terrorize. When Kate dies we witness the devastation in Teyla as she looses a dear friend, though obviously I’d like to think it’s again more than just a friend. This last episode is the height of the relationship, but also the end of it.

And we come full circle - the place where Teyla and Kate got to know each other the first time, is the place they'll be together the last.

Teyla's the one to find Kate dead in her bed.

The loss of a lover can tear a heart to shreds.

However, the Nile isn’t just a river in Egypt and thus I happily continue to ship them to my heart’s content. I love this pairing because they fit together so nicely. They might be opposites in character, not even of the same galaxy, but they complete each other perfectly.

Comment

Oh shoot - completely forgot but I made a Manifesto of Love for Kate/Teyla (for a challenge on LJ)... it was my intention to post it here, but obviously I just totally forgot... *facepalm*

Anyway...

Spoiler:

Let me start with a small introduction of both characters:

Kate Heightmeyer is a secondary character who appears a grand total of 5 episodes out of 100, while Teyla Emmagan is one of the main players. Kate’s the resident psychologist, and member of the Atlantis expedition sent from Earth to find and explore the lost city of Atlantis in the Pegasus galaxy. Teyla’s a member of a Pegasus tribe, known as the Athosians, and forced to flee her planet when the main antagonists of the expedition, the Wraith, attack the tribe. She joins with the team in order to gain the upper hand (if at all possible) against theses Wraith.

And after the intro, we continue...

The first time we see both of them together is in the season 1 episode, The Gift, in which Teyla discovers she has some Wraith DNA in her genetic make-up, which explains why she can sense the Wraith coming. Kate, as the psychologist, helps her deal with this gift. And when it’s discovered that Teyla is capable of connecting with the telepathic network of the Wraith, Kate helps her through that as well.

Kate meets Teyla in the cafeteria, but encounters a bit of stubborness when she tries to offer her help to the Athosian. Teyla isn't in the least bit interested in Kate's offer, and shows this rather strongly.

As soon as the ice is broken, she helps Teyla in dealing with her new found abilities to connect with the Wraith.

Worried Kate.

I immediately noticed a natural chemistry between both characters. Kate obviously cares about Teyla’s well-being, which later develops in what could be seen as a good friendship between the two women. Of course, I like to think there’s more to it than just friends.
                        The great chemistry can partially be attributed to the real life friendship between the two actresses and it shows on screen.

Of the 5 episodes that both characters can be seen, there are only 3 where they have scenes together. And of course there's Doppelganger which effective immediately puts and end to the on screen time of both characters in later episodes because it holds the untimely demise of Kate, who is killed in her sleep by an alien life form which invades people’s minds to terrorize. When Kate dies we witness the devastation in Teyla as she looses a dear friend, though obviously I’d like to think it’s again more than just a friend. This last episode is the height of the relationship, but also the end of it.

And we come full circle - the place where Teyla and Kate got to know each other the first time, is the place they'll be together the last.

Teyla's the one to find Kate dead in her bed.

The loss of a lover can tear a heart to shreds.

However, the Nile isn’t just a river in Egypt and thus I happily continue to ship them to my heart’s content. I love this pairing because they fit together so nicely. They might be opposites in character, not even of the same galaxy, but they complete each other perfectly.
                        Yay, applauds!!

Kate and Teyla approve. katetey_kiss.gif

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

I wrote some Kate/Teyla for an LJ challenge - for a remix challenge, which basically means you write a fic and someone else writes a remix of that same fic (different POV, different outcome, ...). But the fics are not linked to one another, so that you can read one or both, in this case you only get what I wrote:

Unbeta'd so all mistakes are mine.

Spoiler:
                            Kate suspiciously glanced at the cup of black liquid currently sitting on top of her desk. She carefully took a sniff to determine whether it was coffee or the stout tea Teyla kept bragging about the Athosians drank to brace for the coming day. The two liquids were, dare she say it, barely distinguishable though a seasoned coffee or tea drinker could easily tell them apart. Of which Kate was neither. She liked the occasional herbal tea or chamomile but definitely not a seasoned drinker. She picked the cup up from her desk and dared a sip.

As soon as the liquid hit her taste buds she knew she was drinking Teyla’s infamous stout Athosian tea. Her face screwed itself up as the bitterness hit home. Kate barely managed to swallow the liquid, before she started coughing. She sat the cup down, without spilling, and almost blindly searched for the bottle of water she always kept at hand in her office.

Several gulps later, she sighed with relief.

She finally understood why the Athosians called it a stout tea, and why they drank it in the morning. It was like pouring caffeine directly into the bloodstream. If ever they’d have to stay awake for a longer period of time, Kate was going to recommend they all drink a good cup of Athosian tea. Far better than any of the drugs Carson could give out

“Good morning, Kate!”

She turned to find Teyla standing in her doorway, smiling.

“Good morning to you too.” Kate half smiled. “Did you put that cup here?” She didn’t give Teyla a chance to ask her about her morning so far, which she usually did, especially on days when she had been off-world for the night.

“I...” Teyla started but refrained from finishing as she noticed the glare that was forming on her lover’s face. “You don’t like it?” She almost sounded disappointed, which made Kate feel guilty about not liking the tea.

“Not really, no.” Kate shook her head. “I’m sorry.”

“No worries.” Teyla’s smile returned. “I don’t like your coffee either.”

Kate chuckled softly, following Teyla to her couch as the Athosian started telling about her trip off-world.

Comment

I wrote some Kate/Teyla for an LJ challenge - for a remix challenge, which basically means you write a fic and someone else writes a remix of that same fic (different POV, different outcome, ...). But the fics are not linked to one another, so that you can read one or both, in this case you only get what I wrote:

Unbeta'd so all mistakes are mine.

Spoiler:
                              Kate suspiciously glanced at the cup of black liquid currently sitting on top of her desk. She carefully took a sniff to determine whether it was coffee or the stout tea Teyla kept bragging about the Athosians drank to brace for the coming day. The two liquids were, dare she say it, barely distinguishable though a seasoned coffee or tea drinker could easily tell them apart. Of which Kate was neither. She liked the occasional herbal tea or chamomile but definitely not a seasoned drinker. She picked the cup up from her desk and dared a sip.

As soon as the liquid hit her taste buds she knew she was drinking Teyla’s infamous stout Athosian tea. Her face screwed itself up as the bitterness hit home. Kate barely managed to swallow the liquid, before she started coughing. She sat the cup down, without spilling, and almost blindly searched for the bottle of water she always kept at hand in her office.

Several gulps later, she sighed with relief.

She finally understood why the Athosians called it a stout tea, and why they drank it in the morning. It was like pouring caffeine directly into the bloodstream. If ever they’d have to stay awake for a longer period of time, Kate was going to recommend they all drink a good cup of Athosian tea. Far better than any of the drugs Carson could give out

“Good morning, Kate!”

She turned to find Teyla standing in her doorway, smiling.

“Good morning to you too.” Kate half smiled. “Did you put that cup here?” She didn’t give Teyla a chance to ask her about her morning so far, which she usually did, especially on days when she had been off-world for the night.

“I...” Teyla started but refrained from finishing as she noticed the glare that was forming on her lover’s face. “You don’t like it?” She almost sounded disappointed, which made Kate feel guilty about not liking the tea.

“Not really, no.” Kate shook her head. “I’m sorry.”

“No worries.” Teyla’s smile returned. “I don’t like your coffee either.”

Kate chuckled softly, following Teyla to her couch as the Athosian started telling about her trip off-world.
                              Yay that was great!! I thought Kate was going to lie, but you're right in that they'd be honest with each other.

Nice job!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                Yay that was great!! I thought Kate was going to lie, but you're right in that they'd be honest with each other.

Nice job!!
                                And risk having to drink it again some other time... ...the taste buds value Kate's honesty. It prolongues their life.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X