Kate Heightmeyer/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I think it would have been nice to have shown the two of them hanging out together in Sunday. But then, IMO Sunday missed alot of great opportunities.
    I couldn't agree more!!!
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I never really understood why Kate couldn't be there in Sunday - however, maybe they would have killed her sooner if she was. That wouldn't have been good.
      Maybe she knew they were out to get her and was hiding, or something?
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

Possibly true.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Gateraid - that's a perfectly good explanation for the development of the relationship between these two as is on screen.

And concerning smileys... Zuz made a few, and then there were others who made a couple - Jper among them.

Let me see how I can be of service here:

Kate H as a smiley -> - - - - -

Kate & Teyla as smilies together ->

Kate/Teyla as smilies together -> - -
          I just figured out why I could never attach those things to a post - they're gif's, not pics *headdesk*

I think it would have been nice to have shown the two of them hanging out together in Sunday. But then, IMO Sunday missed alot of great opportunities.
          That would've actually made sense. At the very least, she should have been at his funeral, given that he was presumably her boss. Not to mention that the whole day was her idea.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
          Nobody thought to look in Teyla's quarters, did they?
          sigpic

Comment

How often do you think TPTB went looking for Teyla during that period of time?
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
              Nobody thought to look in Teyla's quarters, did they?
              Hiding out in the closet... well, that's the official explanation.

Comment

A good one too.
                sigpic

Comment

I never really understood why Kate couldn't be there in Sunday - however, maybe they would have killed her sooner if she was. That wouldn't have been good.
                  Yeah, only one good character's death at a time. I was so upset they killed Carson off that ep that I refuse to watch it ever again.

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

Ooops, I never do that, not even eps I detest in my favorite shows. (OT: the only one that often tempts me is Babylon 5: Deconstruction of Falling Stars)
                    sigpic

Comment

I watched Doppelganger more than once, so I can't say that I don't do that.

But it really depends on the whole of the episode really...

Comment

I bring some fic recs if anyone should be interested:

Note: all these fics can be found on Archive of Our Own

Exchange by Noveltea

Rating: Teen
                        Category: F/F
                        Relationship: Teyla Emmagan/Kate Heightmeyer
                        Characters: Teyla Emmagan & Kate Heightmeyer
                        Summary: Teyla and Kate celebrate Christmas on Atlantis.

More tomorrow (or later today for me) cause I just fell asleep here... too tired.
                        Last edited by Falcon Horus; 05 March 2011, 01:23 AM. Reason: Forgot the summary

Comment

And I'm back - awake this time:

Fell in Love with a Girl by dvs

Rating: Mature
                          Category: F/F, Romance, Humor
                          Characters: Teyla Emmagan, Kate Heightmeyer, Elizabeth Weir, Laura Cadman, Evan Lorne, John Sheppard, Rodney McKay, Ronon Dex
                          Summary: On a mission to meet an all women settlement, Sheppard, McKay and Ronon get themselves incarcerated while Teyla tries to get them out and fight a growing infatuation with Kate Heightmeyer.

//**//

Sailing by strangepromises (juliet)

Rating: General Audiences
                          Category: Gen, friendship
                          Relationship: none
                          Characters: Kate Heightmeyer, Teyla Emmagan
                          Summary: Brief conversation on the pier between Kate and Teyla. Written for the galpalficathon [2008 edition]. Prompt: Kate and Teyla; anything but therapy.

//**//

The Problem of Dreaming by Jenwryn

Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
                          Category: F/F, Episode Related (Doppelganger), Angst, Alternate Universe
                          Characters: Teyla Emmagen, Kate Heightmeyer, John Sheppard
                          Summary: It doesn't take a psychologist to pick apart the significance of Kate's nightmares, but she is one, and still can't save herself.
                          Set during "Doppelganger" ep 4.04, but with an AU take on events.

//**//

Five Ways Kate Heightmeyer Didn't Die by Havocthecat

Category: F/F, F/M, Character Death
                          Fandoms: Stargate Atlantis, Highlander: The Series
                          Relationships: Kate Heightmeyer/Elizabeth Weir, Kate Heightmeyer/John Sheppard, Katie Brown/Rodney McKay, Teyla Emmagan/Kate Heightmeyer
                          Characters: Elizabeth Weir, Kate Heightmeyer, John Sheppard, Katie Brown, Rodney McKay, Teyla Emmagan, Jennifer Keller, Chaya, Ganos Lal
                          Summary: There are all kinds of ways that Doppelganger could have gone.

//**//

Salvation by Abydosorphan

Characters: Teyla Emmagan, Kate Heightmeyer
                          Summary: What saves Teyla from losing herself to the Wraith when she connects to their consciousness?

//**//

Echoes of Laughter, the Last Rising Voice by Ailelie

Category: F/F, Episode Related (The Return I)
                          Relationships: Teyla Emmagan/Kate Heightmeyer, Kate Heightmeyer/Original Character
                          Characters: Kate Heightmeyer, Teyla Emmagan, OC - Character
                          Summary: In the aftermath of their return to Earth, Kate remembers Teyla.

//**//

Slaying The Dreamer by FalconHorus

Category: F/F, Episode Related (Doppelganger)
                          Relationships: Teyla Emmagan/Kate Heightmeyer, Kate Heightmeyer/OC, OC/OC
                          Characters: Kate Heightmeyer, Teyla Emmagan, John Sheppard, Rodney McKay, Jennifer Keller, Ronon Dex, Samantha Carter, Radek Zelenka, 3 OC’s and several secondary SGA-characters
                          Summary: Real World (306) meets Doppelganger (404) meets me.
                          The Doppelganger entity traps Kate in a dream from which there's only one way out.

Comment

And I'm back - awake this time:

Fell in Love with a Girl by dvs

Rating: Mature
                            Category: F/F, Romance, Humor
                            Characters: Teyla Emmagan, Kate Heightmeyer, Elizabeth Weir, Laura Cadman, Evan Lorne, John Sheppard, Rodney McKay, Ronon Dex
                            Summary: On a mission to meet an all women settlement, Sheppard, McKay and Ronon get themselves incarcerated while Teyla tries to get them out and fight a growing infatuation with Kate Heightmeyer.

//**//

Sailing by strangepromises (juliet)

Category: Gen, friendship
                            Relationship: none
                            Characters: Kate Heightmeyer, Teyla Emmagan
                            Summary: Brief conversation on the pier between Kate and Teyla. Written for the galpalficathon [2008 edition]. Prompt: Kate and Teyla; anything but therapy.

//**//

The Problem of Dreaming by Jenwryn

Category: F/F, Episode Related (Doppelganger), Angst, Alternate Universe
                            Characters: Teyla Emmagen, Kate Heightmeyer, John Sheppard
                            Summary: It doesn't take a psychologist to pick apart the significance of Kate's nightmares, but she is one, and still can't save herself.
                            Set during "Doppelganger" ep 4.04, but with an AU take on events.

//**//

Five Ways Kate Heightmeyer Didn't Die by Havocthecat

Category: F/F, F/M, Character Death
                            Fandoms: Stargate Atlantis, Highlander: The Series
                            Relationships: Kate Heightmeyer/Elizabeth Weir, Kate Heightmeyer/John Sheppard, Katie Brown/Rodney McKay, Teyla Emmagan/Kate Heightmeyer
                            Characters: Elizabeth Weir, Kate Heightmeyer, John Sheppard, Katie Brown, Rodney McKay, Teyla Emmagan, Jennifer Keller, Chaya, Ganos Lal
                            Summary: There are all kinds of ways that Doppelganger could have gone.

//**//

Salvation by Abydosorphan

Characters: Teyla Emmagan, Kate Heightmeyer
                            Summary: What saves Teyla from losing herself to the Wraith when she connects to their consciousness?

//**//

Echoes of Laughter, the Last Rising Voice by Ailelie

Category: F/F, Episode Related (The Return I)
                            Relationships: Teyla Emmagan/Kate Heightmeyer, Kate Heightmeyer/Original Character
                            Characters: Kate Heightmeyer, Teyla Emmagan, OC - Character
                            Summary: In the aftermath of their return to Earth, Kate remembers Teyla.

//**//

Slaying The Dreamer by FalconHorus

Category: F/F, Episode Related (Doppelganger)
                            Relationships: Teyla Emmagan/Kate Heightmeyer, Kate Heightmeyer/OC, OC/OC
                            Characters: Kate Heightmeyer, Teyla Emmagan, John Sheppard, Rodney McKay, Jennifer Keller, Ronon Dex, Samantha Carter, Radek Zelenka, 3 OC’s and several secondary SGA-characters
                            Summary: Real World (306) meets Doppelganger (404) meets me.
                            The Doppelganger entity traps Kate in a dream from which there's only one way out.
                            I really loved that first one!
                            Spoiler:
                            Teyla's mother's voice was just awesome. Such a *mom* voice.... yes you can be with her but you can still have kids with the strong one. LOL!

Comment

I really loved that first one!
                              Spoiler:
                              Teyla's mother's voice was just awesome. Such a *mom* voice.... yes you can be with her but you can still have kids with the strong one. LOL!
                              It's one of my absolute favorite Kate/Teyla fics. I have it bookmarked at all time.

Comment

All the talk a couple pages ago about Sunday and DG reminds me (again) that I've not watched either one of those episodes. Talk about a river named Denial.
                                sigpic
                                Signature by Erin87

Comment

Working...
                                X