Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kate Heightmeyer/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    For those interested in the friendship between these two fine ladies...

I wrote a small ficlet - 299 words to be exact (according to AO3). A tag to the season 2 episode, The Long Goodbye:

Aftermath by Falcon Horus
    Rating: General Audiences
    Relationships: implied John/Teyla, implied John/Elizabeth
    Characters: Kate Heightmeyer, Teyla Emmagan
    Summary: After the events of The Long Goodbye, Kate's being a friend to Teyla.
    Note: the implied relationships are no more or less implied than they are in the actual episode
    Very nice story. I hope you follow up on it if it strikes you to do so.

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Quote Originally Posted by The Lady Blue View Post
    Very nice story. I hope you follow up on it if it strikes you to do so.
    That hadn't actually crossed my mind when I was writing it, but who knows... no promises though cause I've got a few more WIP's in my folder that I'm hoping to finish some time soon-ish. Although, I guess I could write a follow-up to aftermath.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

That hadn't actually crossed my mind when I was writing it, but who knows... no promises though cause I've got a few more WIP's in my folder that I'm hoping to finish some time soon-ish. Although, I guess I could write a follow-up to aftermath.
    That would be very nice, but only if you wanted to.

That would be very nice, but only if you wanted to.
    Trust me, it's not a problem of not wanting to. It's my fickle muse and my limited time...

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Trust me, it's not a problem of not wanting to. It's my fickle muse and my limited time...
    I know the feeling all too well.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

I know how that can go.

It does feel great to know that I'm not alone in that area.

No follow-up yet to Aftermath but a little fic inspired by my own soar throat which bugged me last week. Mine evolved into an infection of the upper airways which is better now though.

Anyhow... here be fic, unbeta'd cause I wouldn't be able to drop it here this instant. It will get beta'd and properly posted somewhere eventually.

Pre-relationship
    Rating G

Spoiler:
    Kate sniffed, pulling the collar of her jacket closer around her neck. She had woken up with a soar throat, which had steadily evolved towards sneezing, teary eyes and clogged up sinuses. She had been feeling worse throughout the course of the morning but had stubbornly continued her work. If Elizabeth could do it, so could she. However, paying attention to her patients rapidly turned into one hell of a battle against her own fatigue. And the last thing she wanted, was to fall asleep in front of her patients.

She made it through Rodney's session, but lost her battle during Miko's. The last thing she heard, registered as a continuous buzz of high-pitched sounds.

Next she woke, Miko was no longer sitting across from her but instead she found Teyla sitting in her stead, cross-legged reading one of her books. Kate noticed how daylight had diminished and she realized several hours must have passed since she was fighting her way through the Japanese scientist's session. She sat up straight again, making Teyla aware she was awake. Her best friend rose from her seat and closed the short distance between them, laying her hand on Kate's forehead, which was burning if the cool touch was anything to go by.

“I canceled all your appointments,” Teyla started, “for the rest of the week. Carson wanted me to inform you he would have you confined to the infirmary if you did not take the rest of the week off.”

Kate winced at the thread hidden in Teyla's words. They sure weren't leaving her much of a choice, were they. It pretty much looked like they had made all the decisions for her already. To be fair, though, Kate was feeling horrible and really wasn't up to complaining about it anyway. Like she'd dare to stand up to Carson to begin with. Anyone in his or her right mind would know better than to go there.

“You do not have to worry about anything,” Teyla continued as she gathered her book and offered Kate her arm as support, indicating they were leaving the office. “Colonel Sheppard knows I will not be joining the team on our next mission.”

It finally dawned on Kate, as she accepted the offered help, that she was going to have Teyla all to herself for the remainder of the week. All to herself. All of a sudden, being sick and feeling horrible wasn't so bad after all.

No follow-up yet to Aftermath but a little fic inspired by my own soar throat which bugged me last week. Mine evolved into an infection of the upper airways which is better now though.

Anyhow... here be fic, unbeta'd cause I wouldn't be able to drop it here this instant. It will get beta'd and properly posted somewhere eventually.

Pre-relationship
    Rating G

Spoiler:
    Kate sniffed, pulling the collar of her jacket closer around her neck. She had woken up with a soar throat, which had steadily evolved towards sneezing, teary eyes and clogged up sinuses. She had been feeling worse throughout the course of the morning but had stubbornly continued her work. If Elizabeth could do it, so could she. However, paying attention to her patients rapidly turned into one hell of a battle against her own fatigue. And the last thing she wanted, was to fall asleep in front of her patients.

She made it through Rodney's session, but lost her battle during Miko's. The last thing she heard, registered as a continuous buzz of high-pitched sounds.

Next she woke, Miko was no longer sitting across from her but instead she found Teyla sitting in her stead, cross-legged reading one of her books. Kate noticed how daylight had diminished and she realized several hours must have passed since she was fighting her way through the Japanese scientist's session. She sat up straight again, making Teyla aware she was awake. Her best friend rose from her seat and closed the short distance between them, laying her hand on Kate's forehead, which was burning if the cool touch was anything to go by.

“I canceled all your appointments,” Teyla started, “for the rest of the week. Carson wanted me to inform you he would have you confined to the infirmary if you did not take the rest of the week off.”

Kate winced at the thread hidden in Teyla's words. They sure weren't leaving her much of a choice, were they. It pretty much looked like they had made all the decisions for her already. To be fair, though, Kate was feeling horrible and really wasn't up to complaining about it anyway. Like she'd dare to stand up to Carson to begin with. Anyone in his or her right mind would know better than to go there.

“You do not have to worry about anything,” Teyla continued as she gathered her book and offered Kate her arm as support, indicating they were leaving the office. “Colonel Sheppard knows I will not be joining the team on our next mission.”

It finally dawned on Kate, as she accepted the offered help, that she was going to have Teyla all to herself for the remainder of the week. All to herself. All of a sudden, being sick and feeling horrible wasn't so bad after all.
    Glad to hear you're feeling better, FH.

Your ficlet is really cute. Since I can't green you again yet. Mental green.

Thank you!

Thank you!
    You're welcome.

Pre-relationship
    Rating G

Spoiler:

This was very nice. It's nice that Kate has someone to take care of her while she is sick, and make her take care of herself it appears.

I guess I have to give mental green too. It wouldn't let me green you either.

I guess I have to give mental green too. It wouldn't let me green you either.
    Thank you.

N of the Equator and S of the North Pole.

Pre-relationship
    Rating G

Spoiler:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Falcon Horus again.
    Silly GW. Green for you FH. Awesome it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwparsnip View Post
    Silly GW. Green for you FH. Awesome it is.
    LOL! Thank you.

Thank you.
    You're very welcome.