Kate Heightmeyer/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kate Heightmeyer/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Welcome to the one and only thread dedicated to the lovely pairing that is Kate/Teyla.

This is the place where you can discuss, appreciate and enjoy the ship to your heart's content. It took me long enough to start it so I'm hoping I'm not the only one around who likes these two together as a couple or as friends. That would make this thread very lonely.

Everyone who loves this pairing, likes it or has an affinity towards it is welcome here. Everyone who would like to support the cause is also welcome.

Bashing and negative comments, however, are not allowed and will be dealt with through modly intervention. It's against Gateworld-rules to begin with.

Now, that's out of the way...

Let's start with a few images of our couple [DUE TO PHOTOBUCKET's NEW POLICY -- IMG's NO LONGER AROUND]:
    Under tags in case they are too big - do not wish to break anyone's internet

Spoiler:
    [IMG USED TO BE HERE]

[IMG USED TO BE HERE]

[IMG USED TO BE HERE]
    Pretend Elizabeth's not there...

[IMG USED TO GO HERE]

And denial is not just a river in Egypt...

[IMG USED TO GO HERE]

But dare I say that Doppelganger is by far the shippiest episode when it comes to this pairing.
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 11 February 2018, 05:13 AM.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

I liked their Friendship
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
      I liked their Friendship
      Yup, there was definitely that too.

Comment

of course i loved all Teyla's friendships but we did see this one right from the beginning it also helped the the actresses were friends it was an added bonus
        sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
          I liked their Friendship
          me too i still think it's a shame they killed her.
          sigpic
          The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Muahahah! Kate/Teyla for the win! *high-fives FH*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I could definitely see a connection between these two characters. Both have quiet strength, huge amounts of compassion and the willingness to see multiple interpretations of events and people. I may not have shipped them, per se - but I certainly can understand fans who do.

I celebrate their connection!
              sigpic
              Signature by Erin87

Comment

This isn't exactly a pairing I think of with any bit of seriousness but I have feel that I owe it to you to try to participate anyway despite that.

I'm sure I'd be able to find a sufficient amount of things to discuss in a thread about two such attractive women.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Hear, hear!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Muahahah! Kate/Teyla for the win! *high-fives FH*

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                    Cheers!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    This isn't exactly a pairing I think of with any bit of seriousness but I have feel that I owe it to you to try to participate anyway despite that.
                    *giggles* I haven't heard anyone formulate it that way before.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    I'm sure I'd be able to find a sufficient amount of things to discuss in a thread about two such attractive women.
                    Friendship is ship too...

Comment

Kate is one of the three Atlantis characters with whom I thought Teyla had great romantic type chemistry (the others being Ronon and Carson). I think they could have made this happen very easily. It didn't have to be on-screen kissing as I know they probably wouldn't have wanted to show that (of course, the demographic they were aiming for - teenage boys - probably would have enjoyed that a great deal ). But it could have been implied. At the very least their friendship was very well portrayed. They shouldn't have killed her off. Think of all the scenes they could have had together while Teyla was pregnant! The girl bonding would have rocked!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        The girl bonding would have rocked!
                        However, "girl bonding" and "SGA PTB" in one sentence is like telling people you just saw a flying pig.

But, there's good stuff for fanfic....

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          However, "girl bonding" and "SGA PTB" in one sentence is like telling people you just saw a flying pig.
                          *falls out of chair laughing*
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

*shudders* All I can think of now is Whispers and I cringe to imagine what their idea of girl bonding would have been. PJ parties and pillow fights?

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                            I could definitely see a connection between these two characters. Both have quiet strength, huge amounts of compassion and the willingness to see multiple interpretations of events and people. I may not have shipped them, per se - but I certainly can understand fans who do.

Well said.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

It's the end of the world as we know it...

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                              *shudders* All I can think of now is Whispers and I cringe to imagine what their idea of girl bonding would have been. PJ parties and pillow fights?
                              *shudders*
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                              X