Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kate Heightmeyer/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

I just wanted to pop in here and say Hi and also to say that I saw Kate on an episode of House. At least, I'm fairly certain it was her. Her mouth moved in the same way and her voice sounded the same. She was a LITTLE more heavy-set and her hair was darker.

I love the friendship between the two women, it was a good dynamic and it helped Kate become a more intricate part of the series.

Coming January 2017

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Hello right back!
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

My contribution to a missing scene:

Attachment 29369

Rodney? What are you doing here?

Oh. Well, uh, we're seeing each other. But keep it to yourself

I will not breathe a word

Attachment 29370

I hope you are treating him for ..... what did you call them.....paranoid delusions?

:kate: You know I can't talk about that. But remind me to show you One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

How is a film about birds relevant?

:kate: Oh sweetie, you're so cute when you don't understand Earth references

Quote Originally Posted by gateraid View Post
    My contribution to a missing scene:

Attachment 29369

Rodney? What are you doing here?

Oh. Well, uh, we're seeing each other. But keep it to yourself

I will not breathe a word

Attachment 29370

I hope you are treating him for ..... what did you call them.....paranoid delusions?

:kate: You know I can't talk about that. But remind me to show you One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

How is a film about birds relevant?

:kate: Oh sweetie, you're so cute when you don't understand Earth references
    Cute!

Coming January 2017

@ Gateraid

*giggles madly*

So, to get the conversation going some more... there's 5 episodes in the whole of SGA in which both ladies appear - obviously in the grand scheme of things that isn't much to go on. ... But it is something.

Season 1 - The Gift
    Season 2 - Duet & Michael
    Season 3 - Echoes
    Season 4 - Doppelganger

So... err to all currently participating in this thread (and to those who lurk but still wish to join)... how do you feel the relationship (be it friendship or romantically) evolved throughout the series?

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    @ Gateraid

*giggles madly*

So, to get the conversation going some more... there's 5 episodes in the whole of SGA in which both ladies appear - obviously in the grand scheme of things that isn't much to go on. ... But it is something.

Season 1 - The Gift
    Season 3 - Echoes
    Season 4 - Doppelganger

So... err to all currently participating in this thread (and to those who lurk but still wish to join)... how do you feel the relationship (be it friendship or romantically) evolved throughout the series?
    I like them as friends best, not a fan of shipping them but I can understand those that do. I actually wish the show would have gone into their friendship a bit more, shown that Teyla was able to be good friends with someone who wasn't of her people or Team Shep or Elizabeth. You know? I mean, I know that she's capable bc the writers made it clear w/o actually showing it but I kind of wish they would have showed it. Maybe if they'd tried going into more character depth with ALL of them rather than focusing on just some it MIGHT have lasted a bit longer.

Also, I think someone from GW should make a Heightmeyer smilie so that you could make it the Avatar for the thread.

Coming January 2017

@ Gateraid

*giggles madly*

Season 1 - The Gift
    Season 3 - Echoes
    Season 4 - Doppelganger

I think we can infer that between The Gift and Doppleganger that they must've become close (at the very least they were friends). I'm basing this on the fact that the writers chose to have Teyla be the one in her quarters. It could have been some random military guy (sent because she didn't turn up for work) or Keller (presumably she is Kate's supervisor?), but it was Teyla.

Also, Kate chose Teyla to be the one that she cried out to for help in her dream. It depends on how you want to view this. One interpretation is that evil!dream!John represents her worst fear - a feeling of helplessness. It's a generalisation, but often people who feel that way dream about falling, because it can be a symbol of being out of control. The person she cared about the most (Teyla) was under threat from dream!John...and we know the rest

Based on the progression from strangers in The Gift, until Kate's death, I inferred that they must've spent time together outside of work in social settings. Otherwise Teyla was getting regular counselling. Either way, given how comfortable they were with each other, they must've spent time together 'not at work'.

Quote Originally Posted by m&mnm317 View Post
    I like them as friends best, not a fan of shipping them but I can understand those that do. I actually wish the show would have gone into their friendship a bit more, shown that Teyla was able to be good friends with someone who wasn't of her people or Team Shep or Elizabeth. You know? I mean, I know that she's capable bc the writers made it clear w/o actually showing it but I kind of wish they would have showed it. Maybe if they'd tried going into more character depth with ALL of them rather than focusing on just some it MIGHT have lasted a bit longer.

Also, I think someone from GW should make a Heightmeyer smilie so that you could make it the Avatar for the thread.
    I believe Falcon Horus has some of them - I used to have some of them too, but I had a fatal hard drive error and lost them, along with everything else

Gateraid - that's a perfectly good explanation for the development of the relationship between these two as is on screen.

And concerning smileys... Zuz made a few, and then there were others who made a couple - Jper among them.

Let me see how I can be of service here:

Kate H as a smiley -> - - - - -

Kate & Teyla as smilies together ->

Kate/Teyla as smilies together -> - -
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; February 26th, 2011 at 12:10 PM.

I think it would have been nice to have shown the two of them hanging out together in Sunday. But then, IMO Sunday missed alot of great opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    I think it would have been nice to have shown the two of them hanging out together in Sunday. But then, IMO Sunday missed alot of great opportunities.
    I never really understood why Kate couldn't be there in Sunday - however, maybe they would have killed her sooner if she was. That wouldn't have been good.

I couldn't agree more!!!

I never really understood why Kate couldn't be there in Sunday - however, maybe they would have killed her sooner if she was. That wouldn't have been good.
    Maybe she knew they were out to get her and was hiding, or something?
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

Possibly true.

Gateraid - that's a perfectly good explanation for the development of the relationship between these two as is on screen.

And concerning smileys... Zuz made a few, and then there were others who made a couple - Jper among them.

Let me see how I can be of service here:

Kate H as a smiley -> - - - - -

Kate & Teyla as smilies together ->

Kate/Teyla as smilies together -> - -
    I just figured out why I could never attach those things to a post - they're gif's, not pics *headdesk*

That would've actually made sense. At the very least, she should have been at his funeral, given that he was presumably her boss. Not to mention that the whole day was her idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Nobody thought to look in Teyla's quarters, did they?

How often do you think TPTB went looking for Teyla during that period of time?
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Quote Originally Posted by gateraid View Post
    Nobody thought to look in Teyla's quarters, did they?
    Hiding out in the closet... well, that's the official explanation.

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

A good one too.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

Yeah, only one good character's death at a time. I was so upset they killed Carson off that ep that I refuse to watch it ever again.

Coming January 2017

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Ooops, I never do that, not even eps I detest in my favorite shows. (OT: the only one that often tempts me is Babylon 5: Deconstruction of Falling Stars)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

I watched Doppelganger more than once, so I can't say that I don't do that.

But it really depends on the whole of the episode really...