Adama's daughter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adama's daughter?

Just wondered if anyone else thought that it was unfortunate that Adama's daughter Athena never made it into the reimagined series.

I know that a couple of her characteristics got incorporated into Sharon 'Athena' Agathon and Dualla, as the original Athena worked on the bridge but could also function as a shuttle pilot, and that the father/daughter relationship got pushed onto the reimagined Starbuck which is kinda funny cause in the original Saga of a Starworld Athena is chasing after Starbuck. But i think that Athena would have made a good addition to the reimagined series.
    Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

Having never been interested in the original series, no. I don't care. Not one bit.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Having never been interested in the original series, no. I don't care. Not one bit.
      I think that's a bit harsh. 0.o

That definitely would have added a good spin to the show and maybe added another great arc, but I don't think she was necessary just because of the relationship of Adama with Dee and Starbuck. It evened it out nicely to where the audience didn't really need another character. And they had enough drama with Adama and Lee to begin the series that I think it would've been too much and they would've focused on it too much.
      sigpic
      [call me loser.]

Comment

^ Exactly. I think they did a great job, and it was a measure of Sharon's wish to become human, that she valued Adama as a father figure. And it's quite amazing that he was able to do that, after all, one Number 8 shot him with an intent to kill.
        sigpic

Comment

If Adama says that Starbuck is his daughter that's good enough for me!

I never really felt that he treated Dee as such even if she was technically his daughter in law.

Comment

i think it's sad his sister didn't make it into the series
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Having had no knowledge of Adama even having a daughter until reading this thread, I'm going to say no.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                Having had no knowledge of Adama even having a daughter until reading this thread, I'm going to say no.
                their talking about the original series
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                X