• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6b (314)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON THREE
    6B
    EPISODE NUMBER - 314

While Olivia and Peter attempt to reconcile the emotional chasm between them, the team is called to investigate an apparently haunted apartment building — leading them to a widow grieving the death of her husband.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 24 March 2014, 01:33 PM.

Interesting highs and lows this week.

I'm so, so sick of Olivia's whining. Get over it already. And the old lady as the metaphor through which to teach Peter and Olivia, that was a bit hamfisted, wasn't it?

Those things aside though, another winner of an episode. I love that the breaking down of the universes is starting to happen on our side, and that our Walter is now starting to face the choices that Walternate had to make. And that the bus episode from early on in the show has come back in importance--making our own amber.

Cool stuff!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Nah, I say go easy on Olivia, Digi. Chick's had it rough, and I think she had a good reason to be a little... well, Olivia-y. But still, hey, she and Peter got it on. So, you know, we'll have peace for at least another episode or three... Maybe until the season finale when Altlivia shows up, and Peter just sighs, "Goddammit. Screw all of you, I'm going to find a third universe just for me. One with Blackjack, and Hookers!"

Man, you know who's really in the wrong here? Peter. Man should just man up, put both Olivias in the same room and do what any other guy would do in that situation: Suggest. A. Threesome.

I loved the scene at the end, with a scene from Over There. Just sorta outta nowhere, but connected things up in a way that was really interesting for multiple reasons: we didn't see any sinister plots from the Alternate people. We didn't see them automatically amber the place and have fun with that. We saw them simply shrugging, going, "Okay" and moving on. I don't know how to describe it really, but it's... normal, you know? Connected the struggles with using amber from our universe (Season one shoutout, I liked - man I hope one day we can connect everything from back then up to now somehow. That would be hilarious in a way), and neither side went with the instinct to amber the place up. Peaceful resolution down the track, or wishful thinking? Hmm.

Anyway... What I'm enjoying more than anything this season is how they're making the COTW plots relevant as all get-out to the main character drama. If they had done that right away from the start, season one would've been a lot more consistent and awesome, I'd bet. But still, this season's still on its roll and I'm enjoying every bit of it. Bring on next week.

(Also, Peter. Seriously. Suggest a threesome at least once down the track. Honestly, if both girls are pissed at you already, you have nothing to lose. Like, at all.)
      Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 18 February 2011, 11:51 PM.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Great episode this week (better than the last 2). The case this week was interesting because of the writing. Still I would hope less is done with the romance and more with the mythology (or far reaching episode cases involving for example shadow organizations (ZFT and others rogue organizations), US gov or foreign governments, alternate universe infiltrations/schemes and war moves, etc) like it was the case in the first half of the season. But everything, including the romance, is well written and the dialogues are solid.

I was glad to see the alternate Fringe team at the end of the episode.
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Yes, I loved it. Love our Universe still more than "Over There".... great episode! Peter and Olivia..finally..yay!
          sigpic

Comment

I loved this Episode on so many Levels. The most interresting thing for me as always was the connection between the 2 Universes. We may have a solution on our hands. Though if both sides can work together idk.

Seeing Walters struggle with the decisions he has to make are well done. Though I am kind of asking myself what happened to the stuff that should help his Brain to regrow? Nothing seems to be happening.

Anyways, bring on next week, cant wait.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I loved this episode. It was amazing. And I really, really am starting to think that Fringe is going to end in sadness. Peter is going to have to choose between the woman he loves and his son when he has to choose witch reality to save. And in choosing what any sane human would do (his child), he would be choosing the other Olivia instead of ours.

Of course, this is assuming it comes to that. Walter and the team might find a way to save both worlds. But Peter will still have to choose what to do about the child we learned about last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                I loved this episode. It was amazing. And I really, really am starting to think that Fringe is going to end in sadness.
                I think this "choice of woman" and even the vacuum machine is only a part of the current arc which will evolve to present us with a whole new perspective. I think Fringe will end differently. By season 5 6 or 7, our universe may make peace with the alt universe and fight together (or not) a common enemy. Who? I don't know it could be (sam weiss backers, first people, rogue observers, another alternate universe not stated before, etc). That's my guess.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                  I think this "choice of woman" and even the vacuum machine is only a part of the current arc which will evolve to present us with a whole new perspective. I think Fringe will end differently. By season 5 6 or 7, our universe may make peace with the alt universe and fight together (or not) a common enemy. Who? I don't know it could be (sam weiss backers, first people, rogue observers, another alternate universe not stated before, etc). That's my guess.
                  It's possible. It's why I said "if it comes to that". I don't think, however, that we will make peace with that side as long as Walternate is alive.

Comment

"Emotional quantum entanglement"

**** off. I hate it when they come up with this mumbo jumbo, they're nearly as bad as Dr Who for it. Ruined the episode for me.

Comment

^ I didn't have a problem with that. Personally, I don't like the Olivia/Altlivia/Peter love triangle. If Peter knocks up our Olivia too, Fringe will turn into a demented soap opera.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stormtrooper View Post
                        ^ I didn't have a problem with that. Personally, I don't like the Olivia/Altlivia/Peter love triangle. If Peter knocks up our Olivia too, Fringe will turn into a demented soap opera.
                        As I said in my review above I'm not the bigggest fan of the romance and love triangle arc. But I must admit, as the writers said themselves, that it's done in a sci-fi way. You can see it in the writing. It's not everyday that you are part of a love triangle involving your duplicate from another universe, which may eventually lead to the end of the universe (both of them ). Still, it just doesn't interest me as much as the rest of the storylines. But it was well written and everything move forward the plot about the beginning of the vortex effect and environmental effect in our universe. Since this episode was so much about romance, they could have balanced it with the episode case not related to romance. For example, some rogue scientists trying to tap into the other universe for some personal gains. Or the ztf cabal people trying to seal off holes in a cruel way..or something better.

Comment

They have sex with high emotions. Vortex forms cause other Olivia was thinking about Peter and having bursts of feelings due to her pregnancy. [/stops watching]

Comment

I like how this kinda helps explain a little how Peter's emotional state when the The Machine is important. Sure, 'emotional quantum entanglement' does sound kinda silly, but so does having spiders living inside you
                            I'm very glad that Walter was thinking about the amber/bus connection, just like all of us. Pretty solid episode, especially as we got to see a little of the other side at the end.
                            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Well, Peter's decision just got a whole lot more difficult. It will be interesting to see what he does decide in the end.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X