• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immortality (313)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON THREE
    IMMORTALITY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 313

Olivia’s team in the alternate universe investigates the return of a once extinct beetle, which is being engineered by a scientist using unsuspecting human hosts. Meanwhile, Olivia reconnects with her boyfriend.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 20 March 2014, 01:56 PM.

A great episode. For two reasons: One, it's just another part of the awesome Fringe season 3 experience that makes every week all the more better. This episode worked in bringing in some more easygoing dynamic between the main team (Altlivia, Charlie and Lincoln), and even humanising Walternate somewhat. Some developments that I'm looking forward to seeing play out are getting going here, and I truly hope more than anything that we get a fourth season to watch them do their thing.

Two, Haig Sutherland (Riley!) showed up for a minute. Julie McNiven showed up for a minute extra, decked out in crazy bug lady costume that was equals parts crazy, hot and awesome. Awesomeness.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

There's no doubt Fringe is actually the best show currently on TV imo. But those last few episodes the romance took too much center stage. Having Peter's choice of women and Olivia's pregnancy deciding the fate of the universe is a bit too much. But since writers interview seems to indicate than much more will be done about the true storylines (battle between 2 universes, mythology, first people, sam weiss, obsbserver, destructive weapon, characters arc/drama not involving love triangles, etc). The best part of the episode for me involved Walternate and the cortexifan trial but it was too short.

I also love when they give great attention to the emotional and dramatic side of each episode cases. The rocker who lost his son, Milo and his sisters, the shapeshifter police man, the senator's wife and his family, etc. Even the cab driver in Olivia was a pretty cool character. It was also fun to see the antagonism between Fauxlivia and Newton when he was still alive. Having Fauxlivia killing the deft man, pushed by Newton, was some great part.

But it was fun to see what's is going on in the alternate universe. I love the characters and love their interaction and friendly bantering. And Brandonate is one cold dude.

It's a nice twist to have Walternate with enough moral fiber to refuse to do experiment on children as our Walter did. Who's the monster now?
      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I felt like this episode was meant to have been aired right after Over There's Olivia returned home, rather than all this time later. I think when I re-watch the show I'll move it up and see how it flows.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Very nice episode. What an ending though. I caught on very late.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

This was an excellent episode, but this love triangle thing is getting a bit out of hand. Loved seeing the alternate universe and the whole mad scientist thing. This universe's Walter wouldn't experiment on kids, wonder what that says about our Walter. Astrid's kinda awesome in alternate universe.

I really would like to see if the observers are in the alternate universe. I'd be really curious if they weren't, might even suggest that they might have come from that universe.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
              This was an excellent episode, but this love triangle thing is getting a bit out of hand. Loved seeing the alternate universe and the whole mad scientist thing. This universe's Walter wouldn't experiment on kids, wonder what that says about our Walter. Astrid's kinda awesome in alternate universe.

I really would like to see if the observers are in the alternate universe. I'd be really curious if they weren't, might even suggest that they might have come from that universe.
              I think the only reason he wont experiment on children is because Peter was taken from him. We allready know how much importance he puts on kidnappings, perhaps he feels the same about all crimes against children. He wasnt able to protect his own child so he feels some responsibility to protect all others.

I thinnk the observers are a creation of the first people. Lets just hope we get more seasons so we can find out
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                I think the only reason he wont experiment on children is because Peter was taken from him. We allready know how much importance he puts on kidnappings, perhaps he feels the same about all crimes against children. He wasnt able to protect his own child so he feels some responsibility to protect all others.

I thinnk the observers are a creation of the first people. Lets just hope we get more seasons so we can find out
                With Walternate, the one line he won't cross doesn't offset all the other lines he is willing to cross.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Excellent episode! Great to see what's up in the otherverse and catch up with 'familiar' characters. I really like how Fringe has set up a conflict between two sets of characters, but makes you sympathetic to both (or several of both, at least). Altstrid was as good as ever (would be handy to have one of her around indeed) and I definitely don't want Fauxlivia to survive any less than Olivia. Walternate of course is the main driving force between the cross universe attacks - most of the others on his side are pawns believing they're doing the right thing, but on the other hand, he's only in that position because of what Walter did, and Walternate isn't crossing a big line that Walter crossed which makes me a little more sympathetic to him. Just a little though. I have to wonder whether there's any chance of a happy ending for both universes - or at least most of them, or if one is destroyed there will be survivors. That's just pointless speculation at this point though.

I'd be remiss if I didn't highlight the utter awesome cutenes of Julie McNiven's bug-girl character. Managed to be more adorable than Ginn in my opinion. Haig Sutherland's moment was nice too. Pity they're most likely just one-off guests.

As for The Twist, I didn't see it until the mad scientist let on that Fauxlivia wasn't infected. Hoorah for a surprising pregnancy reveal! I usually spot those plots from a lightyear away.
                  "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                  Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                  Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                  Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                  Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Just watched this again with my parents - who hates bugs.... I really liked it again and I felt kinda sorry for faultilvia, I liked the bad guy and I think I saw the actor before...
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X